Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Genuine question to both club and fans : where do you really want to be in say 10 years time ? Talbot seem a well run club, with great support from the size of the area. Without the 'sugar daddy type' would beyond the Lowland be a step too far ? Always enjoy visiting, don't hear much criticism tbh more frustration than anything. Good luck the rest of the season.

I want my club to naturally find its place in the new pyramid structure. Think going into the SPFL would be exciting however this should have more radical and the lowland league should have immediately have been set up to incorporate the licensed clubs to give a realistic chance of quicker progression, the current promotion and relegation bottle neck and the guest clubs scenario have turned it into a farce.

11 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Wednesday nights game was Talbot's 53rd and they looked like a side who had played 53 games. Hopefully after Saturday the players get a well earned rest and the squad is a bit fresher for two big games ahead.

Hopefully your players have a well earned rest before tomorrow big pal we badly need the points

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Genuine question to both club and fans : where do you really want to be in say 10 years time ? Talbot seem a well run club, with great support from the size of the area. Without the 'sugar daddy type' would beyond the Lowland be a step too far ? Always enjoy visiting, don't hear much criticism tbh more frustration than anything. Good luck the rest of the season.

IMO I think it would be up to the fans to decide, there will be a tipping point of keeping an exciting contender product on the park v mid table/relegation fights. As a fan owned club this transpires and plays out across the football world. The support level is easy on par with your league one and two clubs as it stands, so would say that’s the zone we’d fall into. Ask someone else they’d be annoyed at that suggestion so it’s all subjective.

The wealthy benefactor model may be useful in the higher leagues, can go all the way but one person sustaining that level of funding will always be one fall out away from disaster. 

Would be good to be in League 2 etc but I hate the thought of having to play in the Lowland League.

Don't see why Talbot and at least half a dozen other side's in the WOS can't be in League 2 or higher eventually. The pace of progress is going to be partially determined by how quickly we see fair and reasonable promotion and relegation introduced to the leagues above the WOS.

Don't see why Talbot and at least half a dozen other side's in the WOS can't be in League 2 or higher eventually. The pace of progress is going to be partially determined by how quickly we see fair and reasonable promotion and relegation introduced to the leagues above the WOS.
My fear is stagnating in the Lowland League, hopefully that wont happen though.

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:
1 hour ago, Shanner said:

My fear is stagnating in the Lowland League, hopefully that wont happen though.

I'd feel sorry for any ambitious side with a decent support getting trapped in that league for more than a season or two. Basically the one division you'd prefer not to dwell in. 

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Have you got a better suggestion for where it should be held in the central belt?

Literally over 20 choices all free that date. Would love to hear the logic in coming to the decision on Falkirk?? 

edit: apologies if that seems direct but Falkirk just was not the location I was expecting 😂😂

Edited by Killiepiyo

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Literally over 20 choices all free that date. Would love to hear the logic in coming to the decision on Falkirk, have they even bought the cup yet?? 

Maybe trying to even things out considering the distances you have travelled to cup finals in the last 20 years ………. Well no you , Talbot fans !!