Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Think recruitment has been spot on for well over a decade and any training I’ve been to seems the part. Some exciting young players and quality older ones. We could have splashed out to keep a big squad happy sure but could have still came second.
Plenty still to celebrate, we got our club license and more improvements on the way ground wise. Big Scottish to look forward to. New kit deal with Kappa as official kit partners with our own designed kit which will be out in time for the start of season. Never mind the televised cup final and challenge cup final that could see the cabinets restocked.
As a fan I think waiting on playing in the lowland another year isn’t the worst outcome. Hopefully things can open up a bit more promotion wise and larger clubs can take places in it. Would have be nice to win it this season but I won’t pretend to be distraught about it in all honesty. It’s football these things happen.
You're saying recruitment has been spot on for well over a decade,yet you only moved to the Talbot 7 years ago after being a Hurlford fan ,the mind boggles 🥱

2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Think recruitment has been spot on for well over a decade and any training I’ve been to seems the part. Some exciting young players and quality older ones. We could have splashed out to keep a big squad happy sure but could have still came second.

Plenty still to celebrate, we got our club license and more improvements on the way ground wise. Big Scottish to look forward to. New kit deal with Kappa as official kit partners with our own designed kit which will be out in time for the start of season. Never mind the televised cup final and challenge cup final that could see the cabinets restocked.

As a fan I think waiting on playing in the lowland another year isn’t the worst outcome. Hopefully things can open up a bit more promotion wise and larger clubs can take places in it. Would have be nice to win it this season but I won’t pretend to be distraught about it in all honesty. It’s football these things happen.

We have needed full backs on either side for 2 years now it hasn’t been spot on

16 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

Bonnyrigg will hammer us 

I expect the final to be close. I would never write off the Talbot, look at how they nicked the cup with the two last minute goals against Hurlford, or beating Hamilton this season, or the Kelty game (that was down to Tucker, if you swapped managers I’m sure Kelty would have won). I don’t think Bonnyrigg have ever beaten the Talbot so it’ll be a nice benchmark of where the two clubs are.

1 hour ago, catakoom said:

You're saying recruitment has been spot on for well over a decade,yet you only moved to the Talbot 7 years ago after being a Hurlford fan ,the mind boggles 🥱

So they weren’t top of the pile prior to my arrival? Clearly doesn’t take much to boggle ye then. 

12 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

We have needed full backs on either side for 2 years now it hasn’t been spot on

I think their good, as good as any side we’ve come up against in our league. Popes own words that he wasn’t as good as either of them at their age. Will take time but already showing their decent players. 

I think their good, as good as any side we’ve come up against in our league. Popes own words that he wasn’t as good as either of them at their age. Will take time but already showing their decent players. 
They are both woeful can't defend can't pass both constantly caught out of position and just batter the ball up the park as far as they can . They look like what they are 2 centre half's playing out of position

So they weren’t top of the pile prior to my arrival? Clearly doesn’t take much to boggle ye then. 
Who mentioned "top of the pile" my question was regarding your comment about recruitment being spot on for more than a decade yet you only arrived SEVEN years ago from the last team you supported.

Just to remind everyone mick Kennedy has never beaten the buffs in a competitive game so it's not over yet although we are down to the bare bones squad wise we are not going to darvel on Saturday to sit back I'm sure our players will want to spoil any party planned by darvel as long as talbot beats glenafton then it's not over yet!

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Just to remind everyone mick Kennedy has never beaten the buffs in a competitive game so it's not over yet although we are down to the bare bones squad wise we are not going to darvel on Saturday to sit back I'm sure our players will want to spoil any party planned by darvel as long as talbot beats glenafton then it's not over yet!

It’s been done for a long time unfortunately 

22 minutes ago, andy25 said:
30 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

They are both woeful can't defend can't pass both constantly caught out of position and just batter the ball up the park as far as they can . They look like what they are 2 centre half's playing out of position

Agree. Punt the ball constantly . can’t take a throw in. There are lots of fullbacks in the league that are better . 

9 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Darvel would have to shite the bed something fierce over their last 2 games. Hilarious as that would be their current form doesn't hint at that happening. 

33 minutes ago, catakoom said:
50 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

you only arrived SEVEN years ago from the last team

It must matter more to you than me but I got the same hassle my short time at Hurlford that I wasn’t a ‘real Hurlford supporter’ but seemingly became a super mega one when I joined Talbot. Which gives me a laugh in all honesty, same kind of nonsense when I’ve helped out and filmed games for other clubs or yahoos on here predicting moves. Would they do it if my coverage was shaking or terrible quality? don’t know but entertaining if not dire repetitive tripe. :)

7 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

Surely that gives you the season we are out and this season to recruit players ? Talbot are miles short. wonder what is getting worked on at training . 

4 points behind the league leaders is hardly miles behind. 

Mon the papers

6 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Aye, because every other team are just gonna roll over and hand you a place in the LL.

No wonder there are people out there who make self entitlement jibs of some Talbot supporters.

Edited by C4mmy31

Wednesday nights game was Talbot's 53rd and they looked like a side who had played 53 games. Hopefully after Saturday the players get a well earned rest and the squad is a bit fresher for two big games ahead.