Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Just now, andy25 said:
2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
Imo, Real jackal and Hyde from Saturday, but oh well lowland will have to wait, always next year if we are successful emoji106.png would have been nice to win it but if being critical, don’t think we had enough squad depth to cope with the number of games. Just glad it’s about over. Still two chances to end the season on a high still and a more practical season next emoji460.png️ 

Is that not down to the manager if we don't have enough squad depth. Tonight was another in a long list of horrendous displays this season.

Can’t win them all my angry pal.

I would say use have had a very good season tbh 2 cup finals 2nd in league and 4th round of big scottish and yet use still moan. Love 2 c the crowds now. Thatll be alot of ur fans last game of season (until cup final day) as always haha. C use next season 

Mon the papers 

50 minutes ago, andy25 said:
52 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
Imo, Real jackal and Hyde from Saturday, but oh well lowland will have to wait, always next year if we are successful emoji106.png would have been nice to win it but if being critical, don’t think we had enough squad depth to cope with the number of games. Just glad it’s about over. Still two chances to end the season on a high still and a more practical season next emoji460.png️ 

Is that not down to the manager if we don't have enough squad depth. Tonight was another in a long list of horrendous displays this season.

We have had an ageing squad for however many seasons pope etc eventually leave and nobody to replace them. They’ve had seasons to sort it . Same again this summer no fresh faces 

7 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Don’t get the point in punting the ball up the pitch to strikers to magically create something , why did we sign mick warrior if we aren’t going to play through him

This is when I can’t take you serious. Wardrobe was on the ball tonight more than anyone tonight and done nothing but went sidewards or slow it down.

16 minutes ago, botlad said:

This is when I can’t take you serious. Wardrobe was on the ball tonight more than anyone tonight and done nothing but went sidewards or slow it down.

We play him outwide on the wing when he’s a centre mid . The back 4 and keeper launch it up the park every time they have it . What is actually being worked on at training. You even watch Talbot warm up it’s rubbish 

I would never want tucker out, I do agree that the lack of depth in the squad has cost us, alot of games recently which has caught up with us last few weeks. Well done to Darvel they had alot of games to catch up on and they done it - they had more depth to their squad and they should have as they have thrown everything at it money wise. 2 cup finals now just got to concentrate on winning them.

9 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

I would never want tucker out, I do agree that the lack of depth in the squad has cost us, alot of games recently which has caught up with us last few weeks. Well done to Darvel they had alot of games to catch up on and they done it - they had more depth to their squad and they should have as they have thrown everything at it money wise. 2 cup finals now just got to concentrate on winning them.

Bonnyrigg will hammer us 

Saw the line up before the match. Was G. Wilson unavailable last night?

Disappointing result which feeds the I.M.Jollys on here. It's been a slog this season fixture wise and the boys deserve their summer break. Would have been nice to win the inaugural league but it's another season in a competitive regional league with the bonus of waving tata to the vanity project that is TOWID.

Two cup finals for you all to look forward to as well remember!

Graham has a sickness bug, think most, (likely away from here) are realistic in it being a pretty decent season. We could have spent big to have a bigger squad and still have came out with the same result. that’s football. Thankfully we didn’t.

Players we have, have done amazingly well juggling the expectations with the demands as almost all work full time. 18 months out then still being in contention in the final few games with two national finals I’ll take any season. Least next season will be less games and have the added benefit of being more caught up. 

Talbot have had the odd flat season before and came back well the following year. The year glenafton won the double would have burst you, and even though Talbot could realistically have won both those trophies themselves it was a grim watch with low entertainment. The season after that Talbot were superb to watch again with pretty much the same core squad.

If you're only a handful of points short of success then there's probably less of a squad overhaul needed than a few are suggesting, but there's obviously some work to be done. 

Everyone who's inclined to gloat (apart from Darvel) should perhaps be reflecting on how their own side failed to put in a sustained challenge against such a vulnerable opponent. I know some of those squads weren't cheap and were intended to last the course but failed miserably and trophyless.

53 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Talbot have had the odd flat season before and came back well the following year. The year glenafton won the double would have burst you, and even though Talbot could realistically have won both those trophies themselves it was a grim watch with low entertainment. The season after that Talbot were superb to watch again with pretty much the same core squad.

If you're only a handful of points short of success then there's probably less of a squad overhaul needed than a few are suggesting, but there's obviously some work to be done. 

Everyone who's inclined to gloat (apart from Darvel) should perhaps be reflecting on how their own side failed to put in a sustained challenge against such a vulnerable opponent. I know some of those squads weren't cheap and were intended to last the course but failed miserably and trophyless.

Not buying the vulnerable opponent nonsense. You only see it that way to make yourself feel better. Talbot are there to be shot at because of the entitled element of your support going into meltdown. Talbot have still had a great season, Darvel's huge and expensively assembled squad getting them over the line in the end. 

Whilst there's always been much to admire in what Talbot do, the same cannot be said about Darvel. Still to tackle the playoffs, wonder how they will do? 

Edited by funky monkey