Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

The first half, OMFG, Auchinleck played the ball out on the deck from defense 3 times and Benburb didn't do it at all.
First shot was from Auchineck and that was on 14 minutes, Bens started to become more composed after 24 minutes and had a couple of crosses cut out superbly by the Bot defense and Talbot had a breakaway down the Bot left and the lad shot which the ball flew across the keepers body to go out for a by-kick on the other side.  H.t was 0.0.  I was thinking to myself, WTF am i doing here as I was expecting a good game.

The second half Talbot looked a little more composed playing the ball out but it seemed constantly rushed, not trying to slow the temple down to get the bens players out of position. but sometimes the Talbot team just ran out of ideas

In the second half everything changed when the Bens brought the big Lanky ginger haired lad on and then the Auchinleck defense looked troubled.  During this time,  the Bens had a player sent off, not sure if it was  a straight red or a 2nd yellow, sure someone can let me know. The Bens keeper brought off two superb saves,  Bens missed two sitters, on when the Bens forward was through on goal and skied over and harder one was the ginger haired lad had a tap in at the back post but touched it wide.  Bens also hit the post with the keeper stranded.

I will say the referee played over 12 minutes, ffs there was one injury and that was only a cpl o minutes and 5 minutes for the water break.
So all in all, horrendous first half for both teams, better 2nd although 2nd was OK until the lad for the Bens came on. You can see quality was there for Talbot compared to the Bens but with 10 men for 20 minutes the Bens deserved the draw

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The first half, OMFG, Auchinleck played the ball out on the deck from defense 3 times and Benburb didn't do it at all.
First shot was from Auchineck and that was on 14 minuities, Bens stated to become more composed after 24 minuities and had a couple of cross cut out superbly by the Bot defense and Talbot had a breakaway down the right and the lad shot which the ball flew across the keepers body to go out for a bykick on the other side.  H.t was 0.0.  I was thinking to myself, WTF am i doing here as I was expecting a good game.

the second half Talbot looked a little more composed playing the ball out but it seemed constantly rushed, not trying to slow the temple down to get the bens players out of position. but sometimes the Talbot team just ran out of ideas

In the second half everything changed when the Bens brought the big Lanky ginger haired lad on and then the Auchinleck defense looked troubled.  During this time,  The bens had a player sent off, not sure if it was  a straight red or a 2nd yellow, sure someone can let me know. The Bens keeper brought off two superb saves,  bens missed two sitters, on when the Bens forward was through on goal and skied over and harder one was the ginger haired lad had a tap in at the back post but touched it wide.  Bens also hit the post with the keeper stranded.

I will say the referee played over 12 minuities, ffs there was one injury and that was only a cpl o minuities and 5 minuities for the water break.
So all in all, horrendous first half for both teams, better 2nd although 2nd was OK until the lad for the Bens came on. You can see quality was there for talbot compared to the bens but with 10 men for 20 minuities the bens deserved the draw

A fair summation. 

the greetin' faced chap with the man bun was booked in the 1st half for kicking the ball away and got the second yellow for the foul in the second half. I'm struggling to recall an more objectionable player - he whined about absolutely everything and his team played better when he was off. 

Felt sorry for the Bens lad that got injured. He looked absolutely devastated. 

Referee and linesman had a poor game. Linesman buzzed the ref for a handball and penalty when Talbot were 2-1 up but not given. Benburb’s goal was flagged for offside initially but then overruled by the ref. Some very strange decisions. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

5 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

Referee and linesman had a poor game. Linesman buzzed the ref for a handball and penalty when Talbot were 2-1 up but not given. Benburb’s goal was flagged for offside initially but then overruled by the ref. Some very strange decisions. 

Think a bit biased, or do you think your objective, very clearly you've put this on the Talbot post as well

Yes the ball hit off the players hand, the ball didn't change direction and it was kicked, actually kneed off his hand while his hand was against his body from one yard and the Bot player was beside him, his hand was in a natural position and the linesman had the balls to wave his flag to say it hit his hand. The referee went over and conversed with the referee and they both had the discussion on what they both saw and the referee was correct, totally. It wasn't ruled for offside, it was ruled for the hand ball and that's why the discussion took place

Some very strange decisions, ffs the referee gave  Over 12 minutes of injury time to try and score, 5 minutes was for a water break but where the feck did the 7 minuities come from against 10 men Benburb. Take the point and be happy that you got that as Benburb were resolute in defending and even I was surprised as they were not durty and hit the post and had two clear open goal sitters missed.

I think the referee did fine but felt a coupel of blatant decisions went against Benburb but nothing major though.  I've ran this through my head  a few times and still cant come up with an answer.  Just before the Talbot second goal which I thought was a cracker of a left foot shot, the Benburb player went down in agony just outside the penalty area, the play went on and ball went way back to the left back will everyone screamed for the ball to go out but it was played slowly to the right centerhalf who then pushed it quickly to the right and the ball was then swung across then back again in possession and the bens player clearly in pain stood up and then the ball went to the talbot player who hit a low drive into the corner.  Right after the player went down again in pain and I think, someone can confirm, that the player was taken off ?.  I felt the ball should have went out a bit unsportsmanlike but then again, the game was nearing the end and talbot had to win so I can understand the reason for the play on,  what's everyone's thoughts on the matter?

Oh by the way, anyone know yesterdays attendance for the match ?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 hours ago, Shanner said:

That was just the latest in a series of sore ones for Talbot today. The last four away games have probably done Talbot for the league. Never chuck in the towel until it's definitely over, but I can't see Darvel dropping the points Talbot will need them to now. 

Apart from a good performance at Darvel, that's 6 winnable points dropped at Hulrford, Largs and Benburb that would have had Talbot in a very strong position with 4 to go.  They just need to regroup hope for the best now. 

I can only comment on what I have seen of Talbot in 4 games And for me they are where they deserve to be behind darvel! Darvel try & play football on the deck passing & moving Talbot are route 1 & humph it up the park  merchants I can see how they never beat hurlford as today they were the same back to front nothing through midfield and tbh it’s horrible to watch a team trying to play and opposition being complete opposite. From what I recall in the darvel home game earlier in the season hurlford played well but jinky will be a sore miss for them and to darvels benefit, The boys scored some goals since he has came to darvel, his work effort & touches for a small guy are unreal and his understanding so quick with team mates has been amazing 

darvel’s league to lose now barring major injuries to influential players!

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Think a bit biased, or do you think your objective, very clearly you've put this on the Talbot post as well

Yes the ball hit off the players hand, the ball didn't change direction and it was kicked, actually kneed off his hand while his hand was against his body from one yard and the Bot player was beside him, his hand was in a natural position and the linesman had the balls to wave his flag to say it hit his hand. The referee went over and conversed with the referee and they both had the discussion on what they both saw and the referee was correct, totally. It wasn't ruled for offside, it was ruled for the hand ball and that's why the discussion took place

Some very strange decisions, ffs the referee gave you Over 12 minutes of injury time to try and score, 5 minutes was for a water break but where the feck did the 7 minuities come from against 10 men Benburb. Take the point and be happy that you got that as Benburb were resolute in Defending and even I was surprised as they were durty and hit the post and had two clear open goal sitters missed.

I think the referee did fine but felt a coupel of blatant decisions went against Benburb but nothing major though.  I've ran this through my head  a few times and still cant come up with an answer.  Just before the Talbot second goal which I thought was a cracker of a left foot shot, the Benburb player went down in agony just outside the penalty area, the play went on and ball went way back to the left back will everyone screamed for the ball to go out but it was played slowly to the right centerhalf who then pushed it quickly to the right and the ball was then swung across then back again in possession and the bens player clearly in pain stood up and then the ball went to the talbot player who hit a low drive into the corner.  Right after the player went down again in pain and I think, someone can confirm, that the player was taken off ?.  I felt the ball should have went out a bit unsportsmanlike but then again, the game was nearing the end and talbot had to win so I can understand the reason for the play on,  what's everyone's thoughts on the matter

Would probs sound about rite from what I have seen from Talbot & there fans probs shouting play on, if it’s not ref’s there moaning at or screaming for penalties at the halfway line it’s unsportsmanlike behaviour then again your not allowed to celebrate either when you score against them 

6 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

I can only comment on what I have seen of Talbot in 4 games And for me they are where they deserve to be behind darvel! Darvel try & play football on the deck passing & moving Talbot are route 1 & humph it up the park  merchants I can see how they never beat hurlford as today they were the same back to front nothing through midfield and tbh it’s horrible to watch a team trying to play and opposition being complete opposite. From what I recall in the darvel home game earlier in the season hurlford played well but jinky will be a sore miss for them and to darvels benefit, The boys scored some goals since he has came to darvel, his work effort & touches for a small guy are unreal and his understanding so quick with team mates has been amazing 

darvel’s league to lose now barring major injuries to influential players!

Darvel thread for this 

Some of yous Talbot fans, wrightly or wrongly, are coming across as self entitled. Yous expect to win everything because yous have been spoilt with success. Some of the criticism is uncalled for. Win your last 5 league games, I suspect yous will win the league. Semi final at home in SCC and final of Junior Cup. Fs lads, I'd hate my team to be that pish and on the verge of a really good treble. Must be hard.

If it can happen to everyone else can happen to them, we just need to focus on we’re doing.
No chance. Talbot will be lucky to take 6 points from the 4 games. Too many sub standard players and baffling team selections from the manager.

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:
16 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
If it can happen to everyone else can happen to them, we just need to focus on we’re doing.

No chance. Talbot will be lucky to take 6 points from the 4 games. Too many sub standard players and baffling team selections from the manager.

Think you’ve made your opinion very well known already m8, who indeed needs enemies? 

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:
20 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

It was only a matter of time till this deluded person came into the picture

Think you’ve made your opinion very well known already m8, who indeed needs enemies? 
Ask anybody who has watched the last few games will tell you the same. Not everybody's a happy clapper like yourself that thinks everything is wonderful.