Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

...Also not sure why a queens fan is on here like billy big considering if we played the expectations would be for Talbot to beat Queens Park... 

They are full-time now after ditching amateur status, selling Hampden and attracting Willie Haughey as their financial back so that's probably no longer the case. 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They are full-time now after ditching amateur status, selling Hampden and attracting Willie Haughey as their financial back so that's probably no longer the case. 

Yeah your probably right in your suggestion, increase in confidence is always good. Still not clear why he’s picking us out of all their possible competition but wish them all the best with that 👍

31 minutes ago, mike strutter said:

I wouldn't have needed to give the back teeth , we were in the last 32 aswell you silly boy ... as for the shiftiest pyramid ? ... why the negativity ? ... your club has shat itself for years at the thought of progression... for others its been the sole target.

You can google it and see exactly what unfolded from all different perspectives. You can even go back and read why Junior Football was founded in the first place. 

End of the day, others may have influenced the game board change but Talbot were like fine game on. In it to win it. Always would be the club with most to lose but also the most to gain within a pyramid system. 

6 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Yeah your probably right in your suggestion, increase in confidence is always good. Still not clear why he’s picking us out of all their possible competition but wish them all the best with that 👍

Since they're a "Queen's Park" fan that's only found the time to take shots at Talbot, Clydebank, and Darvel. I'd hazard a guess he's the man of a thousand of usernames or just a random troll.

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

We back to Clydebank fans being arseholes now.c***s like that are part of the reason this part of the board is dying

Missed the Clydebank part? Trolls go away the more you ignore them but said before my opinions on a lack of moderation on this site.

More folk being able to have a decent conversation on here more likely for it to be restored as a place fans can go to chat/debate. 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Missed the Clydebank part? Trolls go away the more you ignore them but said before my opinions on a lack of moderation on this site.

More folk being able to have a decent conversation on here more likely for it to be restored as a place fans can go to chat/debate. 

I thought about going on their thread and noising them up about their absolutely hilarious collapse yesterday but I didn't because

A. I am not a complete arsehole

and

B. I really don't care that much about them. Like every year they talk a good game but can't back it up

22 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Yes, by the third biggest club in the country at the moment. Millions of pounds worth of players who had embarrassment of an early exit last year to shake off. Was good for the fitness levels and experience and would not want to be playing for Beith next week.

Thought some folks expectations were unrealistic, someone in the Talbot end shouted at wee Aaron Mason (who is a teenager and was playing amateur football last season) for not getting to ball before Scotland international Craig Gordon… 🙈🙈🙈🙈 

Thankfully vast majority of fans seemed  very proud of the players today. Players looked extremely deflated but were already heroes before the whistle blew 👍

Where are the million pounds worth of Hearts players? Or did you mean across their career? 

3 hours ago, mike strutter said:

I wouldn't have needed to give the back teeth , we were in the last 32 aswell you silly boy ... as for the shiftiest pyramid ? ... why the negativity ? ... it would seem you are desperate to win this years league so that you can spread your wings and face tougher competition week in week out ... a complete 180 from your mentality of recent years is it not ? ... not that you'll admit it..... if we can't win it then i hope talbot do... the sooner your out your comfort zone that you've languished in for years the better ... your club has shat itself for years at the thought of progression... for others its been the sole target.

What a load of shit.  We would face tougher opposition in the LL your arsehole must envy your mouth with the shite that come out it.  I'm also not talking about the last 32 I was talking about entertaining Hearts you silly boy? Also I have no real qualms about the ideology of the pyramid my problem is its poorly run, ie no major sponsor for the LL but you don't need it when you get a £50,000 bung off the twisted sisters, but the same mob won't commit to a two team promotion.  At this rate it will take 15-20 years to get a decent tier 5. Sole target you better get a decent team on the pitch to do that.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Think it’s pretty evident that they have a valuable squad atm to the tune of a few million surely if you wanted to buy them? 

I’m not too sure about that with a lot of players at senior clubs have quite short contracts but regardless there is still no shame in Talbot losing heavily to a club who are top 3 in the top flight. Had backed Talbot to take them to extra time despite the difference in level.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m not too sure about that with a lot of players at senior clubs have quite short contracts but regardless there is still no shame in Talbot losing heavily to a club who are top 3 in the top flight. Had backed Talbot to take them to extra time despite the difference in level.

Wage bill is £3.9 million so they are at least worth that in basic money terms......

On 22/01/2022 at 21:08, Cnock88 said:

Talbot hammered live on the telly superb . Season is done for them after a defeat like that will affect them for a long time 

At least Talbot have been on tele. And competed in the senior Scottish after actually earning their place in it. Jealousy oozing out you as always

On 22/01/2022 at 21:22, Killiepiyo said:

Congratulations Cumnock on…

winning 3 games in a row X nope

manager lasting a season X nope

Winning silverware X nope 

Being on the Telly X nope

Not yet being relegated…. Yay!

They do have the we stopped Talbot winning the league trophy! 😂

Although the game was a disappointment on Saturday, the fact remains that Talbot were at that party due to their quality. They met a Hearts team with their tails up and there is nothing to be concerned about regarding the result. The stadium looked fantastic on the box and the Hearts manager complimented the surface in his interview. Everything appeared to run smoothly which is a credit to the ongoing hard work by those involved with the club. Well done to everyone.

With this journey over for another year, the team have to put it behind them quickly and move on with what will be an extremely difficult second half of the season, which in no small part is down to the lunacy of this 20 club league. However, if anyone can do it, Talbot can. Mon the Talbot!