Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

11 hours ago, who ate all the pies said:

Usual suspects whenever we lose a game , we need new players , this one should replace this one, we need a new keeper, midfielder, striker etc , reality check
No team wins every game
Sometimes you play badly
And win sometimes badly and lose
We have no right to moan
As we’re still in an excellent position league wise
With a well run club , every team in the league would swap places with us but some of our support and I use that term loosely have an unrealistic expectation, you should appreciate the team , the club and the people who work to continue to keep us where we are which is at the top end of our level , sick of hearing so called supporters who know better than tucker and Alan what we need or how to play ,think yourself lucky to have the team , staff , sponsors etc we have , Get a grip!

We have needed fresh faces in midfield for a number of years now and not been addressed 

3 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

No1 in what sense. If its on the field then there is every chance as your management team will throw money at the squad until they climb to the top of the pile. I have seen it umpteen times and every time its not ended well. What makes Talbot different is they will not go toe to toe with a club financially and thats what makes them different. Talbot have always lived within their means it suits us and if we have to be second best then there is no shame in that. Outwith the playing field you will never be no1 as their is numerous clubs playing in the WOSL who boast a better fan base than Darvel are better run and are not the whim of an individual.

Didn’t mean it in any other way than top of the league and although a long way to go possible champions with a crack at the lowland league. Would the Talbot want to be the first team out of the WOSL and into the Lowland given the quality of football is generally inferior and the travelling support again is largely zero and the negative impact that could have financially.

14 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Didn’t mean it in any other way than top of the league and although a long way to go possible champions with a crack at the lowland league. Would the Talbot want to be the first team out of the WOSL and into the Lowland given the quality of football is generally inferior and the travelling support again is largely zero and the negative impact that could have financially.

Not sure. Would Darvel? IMO yes. Ego trumps financial sense at the Vale these days.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not sure. Would Darvel? IMO yes. Ego trumps financial sense at the Vale these days.

I think those in charge at Darvel have made it clear they want to move through the leagues asap, I suppose only those in charge of the finances at both clubs  can answer the question but I would think it may be better holding of for 2-3 seasons till there are potentially more WOSL clubs in the lowland league. I have only seen Gretna from the lowland league and tbh the game was boring as it was not competitive enough.

9 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I think those in charge at Darvel have made it clear they want to move through the leagues asap, I suppose only those in charge of the finances at both clubs  can answer the question but I would think it may be better holding of for 2-3 seasons till there are potentially more WOSL clubs in the lowland league. I have only seen Gretna from the lowland league and tbh the game was boring as it was not competitive enough.

Wait for more wosfl teams? Why would you want to face a Kilwinning, Darvel, Talbot, clydebank or Pollok(delete whichever one you support)rather than a Gretna, Broomhill, caley braves or edin/stirling uni? More WoSFL teams in the league will only make it a harder league! Get up there as soon as possible and face the dross in the lowland. 

21 minutes ago, ibenji said:

Wait for more wosfl teams? Why would you want to face a Kilwinning, Darvel, Talbot, clydebank or Pollok(delete whichever one you support)rather than a Gretna, Broomhill, caley braves or edin/stirling uni? More WoSFL teams in the league will only make it a harder league! Get up there as soon as possible and face the dross in the lowland. 

It's a mentality that makes sense on paper only. 2-3 years means not being good enough to win the WoS Premier. There'd be no guarantee they'd be capable in 4-5 onwards.

And any WoS Premier champion that gets promoted to the LL might only be there for a single season. If Bonnyrigg Rose get promoted this season, it will be a fairly open field for potential LL title contenders next season.

1 hour ago, ibenji said:

I know what you are saying and if the the finance guys at the clubs make the figures add up well I suppose you would want to move through asap but there is no doubt there would be a drop in finances due to attendance levels.

15 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I know what you are saying and if the the finance guys at the clubs make the figures add up well I suppose you would want to move through asap but there is no doubt there would be a drop in finances due to attendance levels.

Assuming the WOS champions always win the play-off or it's changed to automatic promotion in future - there is no real way to avoid this. The WOS is always going to lose one of the top teams each year.

Either you go up first, or someone else does and you lose their travelling support in the following WOS season, and so on. Eventually the top WOS clubs will be in the LL or higher, so it'll even itself out. Or for those that can go to a higher level, maybe they will have already moved up to the SPFL.

Assuming the WOS champions always win the play-off or it's changed to automatic promotion in future - there is no real way to avoid this. The WOS is always going to lose one of the top teams each year.
Either you go up first, or someone else does and you lose their travelling support in the following WOS season, and so on. Eventually the top WOS clubs will be in the LL or higher, so it'll even itself out. Or for those that can go to a higher level, maybe they will have already moved up to the SPFL.
Correct it could take a few seasons to have a better LL

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:
4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Correct it could take a few seasons to have a better LL

With the one up one down system it could take 10 year.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure the small matter of the Scottish Junior Cup tie against Irvine Meadow is front and centre of everyone's thoughts. tonight. 😀

As always we've got to hope for a win and of course not so much as a broken finger nail for anyone in a Talbot jersey ahead of the Hearts game. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

I'm sure the small matter of the Scottish Junior Cup tie against Irvine Meadow is front and centre of everyone's thoughts. tonight. 😀

As always we've got to hope for a win and of course not so much as a broken finger nail for anyone in a Talbot jersey ahead of the Hearts game. 

Any idea when the odds on the game are out? Skybet has the cup games but not Talbot hearts

43 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
15 hours ago, Shanner said:
not sure mate but would think most places will have them up for about Tuesday 

Bookies are waiting to see if big Soutar will be at Rangers

Or Blackburn. He'll go anywhere to avoid playing against G Wilson.