Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Surely your at the wind up. You can’t think a performance like that is acceptable yesterday 
Nobody said it was acceptable but at the end of the day Talbot are through to the next round. It'll be the turn of the year before fitness levels are back to what they were before lockdown. I think you forget most of the team never kicked a ball for more than a year.

6 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

Been a supporter longer than you and will be here when you’ve left for another team too 👍🏻

So I quit following years of abuse (some from self proclaimed supporters of the club) on here and social media, rarely challenged or moderated and you and the other three 'real' fans have a celebration as the years of covert snide abuse of someone helping the club to the point of quitting was successful! Yey he's gone, doing all that stuff that needed doing!! 

Club would seemingly just have to do without until they could get a skilled person, who apparently needs to have been born under a gold and black flag... then hope they stick it out despite the long hours for little reward and having to deal with the abuse from faceless self proclaimed fans?

Seems rather, eh, troll like? 

Edited by Killiepiyo

7 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

So I quit following years of abuse (some from self proclaimed supporters of the club) on here and social media, rarely challenged or moderated and you and the other three 'real' fans have a celebration as the years of covert snide abuse of someone helping the club to the point of quitting was successful! Yey he's gone, doing all that stuff that needed doing!! 

Club would seemingly just have to do without until they could get a skilled person, who apparently needs to have been born under a gold and black flag... then hope they stick it out despite the long hours for little reward and having to deal with the abuse from faceless self proclaimed fans?

Am I reading this wrong? Have you packed in?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

8 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Probably just having another one of his wee meltdowns , wee bit o a drama queen . Happens when he gets a few posts directed to him that he doesn’t like , just starts the greeting and claims he’s getting bullied 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

No I’ve not packed it in… Still recovering from covid. Was just speculation about what their end goal is in attacking someone at club they claim is there own.

Edited by Killiepiyo

it's been mentioned very recently on the thread but bears repeating - why be having pops at anyone that provides a voluntary service to the club?

there's a video archive of one of the best spells in Talbot's history because of Killiepiyo standing in all sorts of weather with his camera.

As a long distance fan, the service (in every sense of the word) provided by Killiepiyo has been a godsend and Shanner is right that he does so in hellish weather too.. Obviously I'm not privvy to the politics at the club and have no desire to be but to lose the facility would be bad news for the club generally.

@Killiepiyo To be controversial, maybe it's not the best idea for you to be so forthcoming with opinions on social media. Not least because it has an affect on how you feel about the role when people have a go. Regardless of that, your work is appreciated by me and I expect the vast, vast majority of fans. Best wishes on your continued recovery pal. 👍

12 minutes ago, Shanner said:

it's been mentioned very recently on the thread but bears repeating - why be having pops at anyone that provides a voluntary service to the club?

It’s been done to death, over six years of the same boring repetitive nonsense and yet still turning up doing a job. 

54 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

As a long distance fan, the service (in every sense of the word) provided by Killiepiyo has been a godsend and Shanner is right that he does so in hellish weather too.. Obviously I'm not privvy to the politics at the club.

@Killiepiyo To be controversial, maybe it's not the best idea for you to be so forthcoming with opinions on social media. 

There’s no politics to be aware of, great bunch of guys at the club.

I hear ye pal but from my view it’s rarely to do with my opinions, which I’m happy to debate. 

25 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Its boring patter now, looks like if they want a dig at you they will bring up about your previous club. You must be immune to it by now ha

Indeed pal, I’m actually very proud have having worked elsewhere. Learned a lot and seen how clubs operate differently, lots of comparisons to be drawn. Example was how being away pretty ill, can prompt folk clams of fall outs and transfer lists etc.

As another poster pointed out when it’s yahoos at other clubs you can write it off but when it’s people proclaiming to support the club it’s closer to home.

My speculation was what is the desired outcome of that then? Make them feel a big man to their 2 pals? Make me feel bad? Make me quit? See Andy up voting Glens 93 victim blaming further up the thread for example. 

Indeed pal, I’m actually very proud have having worked elsewhere. Learned a lot and seen how clubs operate differently, lots of comparisons to be drawn. Example was how being away pretty ill, can prompt folk clams of fall outs and transfer lists etc.
As another poster pointed out when it’s yahoos at other clubs you can write it off but when it’s people proclaiming to support the club it’s closer to home.
My speculation was what is the desired outcome of that then? Make them feel a big man to their 2 pals? Make me feel bad? Make me quit? See Andy up voting Glens 93 victim blaming further up the thread for example. 

If you enjoy doing the games keep doing it, most fans welcome coverage / highlights, as I said this patter is boring now imo, I like a good laugh and digs about rival teams of course but when it's just the same stuff over and over its boring

16 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

Looks like the pick of the round to me.

I expect it will be considered for TV but I think they will go for QP V Killie. Unless the TV money increases considerably for this round I won't be bothered if its not on TV especially if its another Monday night slot

I expect it will be considered for TV but I think they will go for QP V Killie. Unless the TV money increases considerably for this round I won't be bothered if its not on TV especially if its another Monday night slot
Wouldn't think Talbot would want a Monday night game. Need to see some improvements over the next few weeks to be up for this game. Think we have a chance at home, done it in the past so you never know.

I remember they used to have their pie hut behind the goals. You had to go to it at half time in pairs, one for getting the bovrils and the other to keep a look out for stray shots by the substitutes. Seen a few folk receiving third degree burns after being scudded by a ball.