Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 minutes ago, BC63 said:

Not the best performance but a win is a win and we're into the next round of the Cup. We're not playing well but to suggest the players are only turning up to collect their wages is bang out of order. They give 100% every week and will improve.

It’s us fans who pay there wages. Travel all over Scotland , away in Edinburgh next week ,  we will be out the cup playing like this .

I'd be stunned if any genuine Talbot fan believes players in that squad aren't trying. 

Effort and quality aren't the same thing though and that was turgid stuff from an unfamiliar line up.

Forth were well up for it and perhaps deserved to get their chance in a penalty shoot out but job done. 

18 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

It’s us fans who pay there wages. Travel all over Scotland , away in Edinburgh next week ,  we will be out the cup playing like this .

Hi mate, if your no happy your money is going to these players on a saturday, stop going, simple as that

Theres not a player out there in that team that doesnt try their hardest when playing, they arent on crazy money compared to some teams so if they wanted to be spending their saturday doing other things they wouldnt be here.

Dont want your money going to them - dont go. Fanny

Edited by beechwoodpark

I'd be stunned if any genuine Talbot fan believes players in that squad aren't trying. 
Effort and quality aren't the same thing though and that was turgid stuff from an unfamiliar line up.
Forth were well up for it and perhaps deserved to get their chance in a penalty shoot out but job done. 
Extra-Time and penalties in this cup

1 minute ago, andy25 said:
10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Extra-Time and penalties in this cup

thank God we were spared another 30 mins. 

1 hour ago, Botlad67 said:

We pay players wages patter is poor  from any football fan. Players are part time and human at the end of the day. We are not entitled to beat any team and disrespectful to other teams. It was a cup game we are through move on. It’s just not realistic to win every match in style by goals, remember these boys also had a season out. Fans have also a part to play when teams are not playing well by encouraging and getting behind the players.

I am a Talbot fan and have been for 47 years. What a team to support - they have brought me (and all us) so much joy. I have never seen the players not put in a shift nor not play for the fans and to suggest otherwise is reprehensible. The players definitely understand what the team means to us. Please get behind the team! Every other team in Scotland would love to be in our position. Away the Bot!!!

38 minutes ago, southerner said:

We pay players wages patter is poor  from any football fan. Players are part time and human at the end of the day. We are not entitled to beat any team and disrespectful to other teams. It was a cup game we are through move on. It’s just not realistic to win every match in style by goals, remember these boys also had a season out. Fans have also a part to play when teams are not playing well by encouraging and getting behind the players.

It’s noticeable that with the exception of the comfy win over Glenafton and the 2nd half against Hurlford, we’ve been better away from home than at Beechwood.

Talbot have a large support by non-league standards but it’s quite a sedate, sweetie rustling type of support. For various reasons the travelling support is just more boisterous and supportive.

The only real noise today came from the wee band of Forth fans at the back of the stand but that was fuelled as much by tonic wine as club allegiance 

7 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

What are we watching at beechwood just now, no Talbot fan can tell me that’s acceptable . Absolutely shocking 

5 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

Turn up get their wages n piss off they won’t care about performance like that 

4 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

PM your bank details and I'll send you the £7 if you'll stop posting. Imagine any Talbot supporter writing such things on a national forum. Even more incredible after a win.

3 hours ago, Talbot73 said:

I am a Talbot fan and have been for 47 years. What a team to support - they have brought me (and all us) so much joy. I have never seen the players not put in a shift nor not play for the fans and to suggest otherwise is reprehensible. The players definitely understand what the team means to us. Please get behind the team! Every other team in Scotland would love to be in our position. Away the Bot!!!

This ^^^

I don't think the person is a troll as his posts go back to 2018 and he has mentioned trips to the likes of Girvan and in all honesty the person looks like a true supporter. I don't agree with most of the posting but this is an open forum and he/she is entitled to their views. Talbot are not playing well but we are winning. I think the hysterics would be more suited if we were in relegation trouble, out of the cups and the manager has lost the dressing room. Our performances in the cups have been poor but we were up against teams who saw that particular match as their cup final and probably will not put in a peformance like they did against us for the rest of the season.

We do not have a god given right to win every game and competition, we are in a situation that any club would give their right hand for, and its our success throughout the decades that might see a wee meltdown from a disgruntled fan. The good thing we can only improve and as many of us know the longer the season the better we usually get. #We are Talbot

I don't think the person is a troll as his posts go back to 2018 and he has mentioned trips to the likes of Girvan and in all honesty the person looks like a true supporter. I don't agree with most of the posting but this is an open forum and he/she is entitled to their views. Talbot are not playing well but we are winning. I think the hysterics would be more suited if we were in relegation trouble, out of the cups and the manager has lost the dressing room. Our performances in the cups have been poor but we were up against teams who saw that particular match as their cup final and probably will not put in a peformance like they did against us for the rest of the season.
We do not have a god given right to win every game and competition, we are in a situation that any club would give their right hand for, and its our success throughout the decades that might see a wee meltdown from a disgruntled fan. The good thing we can only improve and as many of us know the longer the season the better we usually get. #We are Talbot

Agree with most of this but as I said it was just bad yesterday and can understand fans being unhappy with that performance, some support might be worried it could carryover into other games this is what we dont want, the past few weeks before yesterday's performance the 2nd halfs were great from Talbot we need to try and find that form at the start of games hopefully it will come.

4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Open forums work both ways and posters have the right to disagree with opinions stated. Agreed regarding the opposition but Forth are fighting for promotion themselves so are no haddies. 

25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Open forums work both ways and posters have the right to disagree with opinions stated. Agreed regarding the opposition but Forth are fighting for promotion themselves so are no haddies. 

Surely your at the wind up. You can’t think a performance like that is acceptable yesterday 

7 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Botlad67 is a troll, he’s someone who has been on here a while pretending to be a Talbot supporter but if you look at his post history you’ll see every post is a jab at Talbot. 

Been a supporter longer than you and will be here when you’ve left for another team too 👍🏻

Edited by Botlad67