Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Do we play Hurlford on Saturday then Darvel on Wednesday both at beechwood?

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Do we play Hurlford on Saturday then Darvel on Wednesday both at beechwood?

We have a great big WEBSITE at Auchinleck Talbot https://www.auchinlecktalbot.com/

Very testing run of league games coming up for Talbot. Fans of the other contenders will see it as a good chance to reel Talbot in and maybe even edge ahead I expect.

To be honest it's not unreasonable to expect a few dropped points when you see the opposition but there's always the classic trap of fucking up your own "easy" games if you're one of the chasing pack.

I think we're hitting the bit of the season where pitches get heavier and legs get weary. sides with a strong and well balanced squad will come into their own between now and Christmas.

33 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Very testing run of league games coming up for Talbot. Fans of the other contenders will see it as a good chance to reel Talbot in and maybe even edge ahead I expect.

To be honest it's not unreasonable to expect a few dropped points when you see the opposition but there's always the classic trap of fucking up your own "easy" games if you're one of the chasing pack.

I think we're hitting the bit of the season where pitches get heavier and legs get weary. sides with a strong and well balanced squad will come into their own between now and Christmas.

Always felt that the hardest parts of the season were December/January and then April/May when the fixture list was a car crash. Only the best make it through on top. If this winter is bad then carnage awaits.

21 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Always felt that the hardest parts of the season were December/January and then April/May when the fixture list was a car crash. Only the best make it through on top. If this winter is bad then carnage awaits.

Suppose it just depends on the weather, the fixtures, cup replays, etc.

Scottish Cup Second Round 
Preston Athletic FC v Auchinleck Talbot FC
Pennypit Park, Prestonpans 
Saturday 23 October 2021
Kick-off 3pm

Both Clubs have agreed admission prices of £8 for Adults, £4 for Concessions with u12s free when accompanied by a paying adult.

The game will be all ticket,  with Talbot receiving an initial allocation of 500 Tickets.

Details of sales will be made available soon.

Enough chances to win 2 games. Embarrassing the way Henderson sets his teams up to play 
I thought Hurlford played quite well considering the stark difference in squad depth between the teams. It wasn't like they stuck 10 men behind the ball and rarely attacked. Talbot did almost nothing in the first half but were the better team in the second period and some of the missed chances were really wasteful.

As an aside, were the dugouts at Beechwood always on the same side? It seems strange that they are on the far side to the changing rooms.

I thought Hurlford played quite well considering the stark difference in squad depth between the teams. It wasn't like they stuck 10 men behind the ball and rarely attacked. Talbot did almost nothing in the first half but were the better team in the second period and some of the missed chances were really wasteful.

As an aside, were the dugouts at Beechwood always on the same side? It seems strange that they are on the far side to the changing rooms.
Hurlford should have had 2 players sent-off.
McGee & Robertson both on yellow cards and committed blatant fouls the ref choose to ignore.