Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, andy25 said:
Talbot v Beith
7.30pm Kick-Off

Aye I was wondering if there was anymore after that

None scheduled so far. I think that's a good thing as the schedule has been non-stop and going back to just games on a Saturday eases the burden a bit

Also gives the supporters pockets a rest as all these games are expensive especially if you are travelling

Edited by Wile E Coyote

None scheduled so far. I think that's a good thing as the schedule has been non-stop and going back to just games on a Saturday eases the burden a bit
Also gives the supporters pockets a rest as all these games are expensive especially if you are travelling
Aye maybe once the cup games kick in we could play some league games midweek instead of having alot of games in hand come end of season

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Aye maybe once the cup games kick in we could play some league games midweek instead of having alot of games in hand come end of season

Still playing in the Joonyur Cup 🤦

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:
10 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:
Still playing in the Joonyur Cup emoji1751.png

And your point is?

It’s dead,just let it go.

No East teams except Tayside,crappy North Juniors.No Darvel,Kilwinning or Clydebank.

if Talbot get promoted the LL won’t  set aside Saturdays for you to play in it.

There will be an all in non league trophy but it won’t be the Joonyur Cup.

Edited by Bankies Alive

13 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

No East teams except Tayside,crappy North Juniors.No Darvel,Kilwinning or Clydebank.

Am I missing something but if I was a clydebank fan I would be happy to win a tea cup 

50 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

i am quite happy when a poster says the Juniors are dead or spells Juniors as Joonyurs because it automatically outs them as a c**t and their opinions can safely be filed in the bin

We’ll see how long it lasts.

Most clubs are only hanging about in the hope that the SJFA gets dissolved and they can get some cash 🤣

Looking forward to first trip to Beechwood on Saturday. Was part of the Montrose Roselea squad in 1987 for the game at Links Park but didnt play. It was some game! The two time winners were up against a spirited home team who went down to 10 men in 20 minutes when Steve Aitken was sent off. It was 2-2 at HT from memory then borther Brian Aitken was sent off 10 minutes after the break with the 9 men going down 5-2 eventually and Talbot went on to win the Cup. Game was moved to Links Park with a crowd of 1250 which was the largest there that season.. We did a Fanzine a couple of years later and named them the Mental Aitken brothers but I heard that Auchinleck had already done one and toned it down to the Crazy Aitken brothers. We will bring a few copies with is as worth a read. Steve Aitken is also travelling with the club on Saturday should any of the older Talbot fans wish to meet him and perhaps buy him pint! His son Jow plays for Roselea but has been out for two years after a bad cruiciate injury. What would the odds have been on him being sent off?? 

Not expecting much from the game considering how far Talbot have progressed as a club. But 90 mins and then straight to Penalties...........you have to dream considering we as a club put that forward as a proposal at the Scottish AGM in 2008...........You never know!!

24 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

We’ll see how long it lasts.

Most clubs are only hanging about in the hope that the SJFA gets dissolved and they can get some cash 🤣

Why are you so disrespectful to a football association that accepted your club as members when you had nowhere to go? I also watched an excellent junior cup final in 2009 where at least 4,000 Clydebank fans were there. I take it you weren’t that bothered that day about winning the Scottish Junior Cup?  

26 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

Looking forward to first trip to Beechwood on Saturday. Was part of the Montrose Roselea squad in 1987 for the game at Links Park but didnt play. It was some game! The two time winners were up against a spirited home team who went down to 10 men in 20 minutes when Steve Aitken was sent off. It was 2-2 at HT from memory then borther Brian Aitken was sent off 10 minutes after the break with the 9 men going down 5-2 eventually and Talbot went on to win the Cup. Game was moved to Links Park with a crowd of 1250 which was the largest there that season.. We did a Fanzine a couple of years later and named them the Mental Aitken brothers but I heard that Auchinleck had already done one and toned it down to the Crazy Aitken brothers. We will bring a few copies with is as worth a read. Steve Aitken is also travelling with the club on Saturday should any of the older Talbot fans wish to meet him and perhaps buy him pint! His son Jow plays for Roselea but has been out for two years after a bad cruiciate injury. What would the odds have been on him being sent off?? 

Not expecting much from the game considering how far Talbot have progressed as a club. But 90 mins and then straight to Penalties...........you have to dream considering we as a club put that forward as a proposal at the Scottish AGM in 2008...........You never know!!

Remember it well, game was played on a Sunday not to clash with the Montrose game the day before. 3 in a row year.

38 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

How yous been getting on this season 

2 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

All the more reason to try and win it! If that’s your opinion then fair enough, I guess then tho, no cup matters unless every single club is playing for it? Bit silly.