Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

You can tell we’ve had a long time out but you can see things coming together again. Brief spells of the Talbot magic we’ve come to worship last few seasons but also some silly mistakes. Troon will feel hard done by as turned out a decent first half performance.

IMO I will say tho is going down clutching your face within a one meter radius of Gee an accepted tactic now? 😂😂😂 thankfully didn’t have the intended result but these first three games I’ve never seen so many players go down screaming with little to no contact!! If you add up the time wasted doing so you’d have easy another 5 minutes to get a winner or an equaliser.

Anyway much better second half and really happy where we are at. Amazing attendance at Beechwood today and hope folk turn out next Saturday as well, great to see crowds back and all the best to Troon, looks a decent squad.

as a rule I'd say if you're going to do all the squealing stuff at least don't jump straight back up as soon as you realise the decision isn't going your way, it just makes you look like an absolute fud. Troon were about as bad as I've seen for it today while they were protecting their lead. Predictably the instances of it stopped as soon as Talbot took the lead. They had a decent bit of attacking threat so I've no idea why more teams chose to "stick" rather than "twist" when they're clearly in with a sluggers chance of adding to their lead. 

Talbot weren't in anything like top gear  but with guys like Shankland and Samson ready to come of they just needed to wear the opponent down and let the fresh legs do the rest.  Talbot will benefit from that sort of squad depth like never before with all the games ahead. 

A wee word on Boylan who played the full match and put in an amazing shift in that heat. He was everywhere and his contributions to play were usually impressive as well. 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

as a rule I'd say if you're going to do all the squealing stuff at least don't jump straight back up as soon as you realise the decision isn't going your way, it just makes you look like an absolute fud. Troon were about as bad as I've seen for it today while they were protecting their lead. Predictably the instances of it stopped as soon as Talbot took the lead. They had a decent bit of attacking threat so I've no idea why more teams chose to "stick" rather than "twist" when they're clearly in with a sluggers chance of adding to their lead. 

Talbot weren't in anything like top gear  but with guys like Shankland and Samson ready to come of they just needed to wear the opponent down and let the fresh legs do the rest.  Talbot will benefit from that sort of squad depth like never before with all the games ahead. 

A wee word on Boylan who played the full match and put in an amazing shift in that heat. He was everywhere and his contributions to play were usually impressive as well. 

Folk on Facebook saying it’s something we’ll need to get use to this season. I’m just perplexed as to why folk think it’s a good idea? Lucky if it works one in ten and it’s a poor watch. Time wasting at 20mins into a game is surreal and I don’t subscribe to the weaker team argument for it. Get the ball and play! 

his work rate was incredible today! Samson is also lethal at the moment. Thinking this is some run of games but will help us get rid of the cobwebs 
Aye Samson been on form. a goal a game so far , difficult to leave him out but obviously got to rotate to keep them fresh, might start with shanks and him on Wednesday night

Just now, Talbot supporter said:
2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:
his work rate was incredible today! Samson is also lethal at the moment. Thinking this is some run of games but will help us get rid of the cobwebs 

Aye Samson been on form. a goal a game so far , difficult to leave him out but obviously got to rotate to keep them fresh, might start with shanks and him on Wednesday night

We could also play Jamie as a striker. It's wild having these opitions

11 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
13 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
We could also play Jamie as a striker. It's wild having these opitions

Aye , G wilson could be doing with a goal to get him going , no had enough time yet I suppose

Yeah the goals will come, still one of the best in the league. Imo i'd like to see us sign another centre back and a wing back, think thats where we need it the most. Not because we are weak in those areas, more about squad depth with the number of games we've to play this season.(though there is a reason i'm a video guy and not a manager lol)

Edited by Killiepiyo

Yeah the goals will come, still one of the best in the league. Imo i'd like to see us sign another centre back and a wing back, think thats where we need it the most (though there is a reason i'm a video guy and not a manager lol)
What's the story with Peewee?

1 minute ago, andy25 said:
3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
Yeah the goals will come, still one of the best in the league. Imo i'd like to see us sign another centre back and a wing back, think thats where we need it the most (though there is a reason i'm a video guy and not a manager lol)

Don't know, think he was taking some personal time from what i understand of it.

Yeah the goals will come, still one of the best in the league. Imo i'd like to see us sign another centre back and a wing back, think thats where we need it the most. Not because we are weak in those areas, more about squad depth with the number of games we've to play this season.(though there is a reason i'm a video guy and not a manager lol)
A left back is a must

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Definitely missing peewee in the middle

PeeWee is unbeilevable on his day, any team would miss a player like him. I've been really impressed with Healy, came back some player since lock down. Can tell he's been taking on advice from Whitey and the management team. Doesn't have PeeWee's height granted but some killer balls and control, great prospect.