Vale of Clyde

Great to see the Vale taking the step forward into the WoSFL. I was a committee member in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Those were hard days when the club had about 50p in the bank but it was great fun. Other committee members were Davie Armitsge, Andy Roy,Eric McHardy ,Donnie Steel and Danny Fleming was team manager.

The Vale's results are always the first thing I still look for. I might be moving back to Glasgow next year and if I do you'll have one more in the crowd.

All the best for the new season. Let's hope it actually goes ahead.

C'mon the Vale!!!

Great to see the Vale taking the step forward into the WoSFL. I was a committee member in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Those were hard days when the club had about 50p in the bank but it was great fun. Other committee members were Davie Armitsge, Andy Roy,Eric McHardy ,Donnie Steel and Danny Fleming was team manager.
The Vale's results are always the first thing I still look for. I might be moving back to Glasgow next year and if I do you'll have one more in the crowd.
All the best for the new season. Let's hope it actually goes ahead.
C'mon the Vale!!!

Davie Armatage and Donnie Steel still go and watch the Vale

Happy days shovelling water out of the deep puddles in the bottom goalmouth. The crossbar must have been at least 6 inches higher in the middle compared to at the posts!

Great to hear that you, Davie and Donnie are still supporting the Vale. None of us are getting any younger!

Hi Robert

Have lived in Dumfries for nearly 40 years now. Have followed Queen of the South but have got a bit fed up with football in the last couple of years. I have become a huge fan of ice hockey, following the local team Solway Sharks. 

My wife and I are thinking of moving back to Glasgow next year as our son lives there and our daughter and her husband and two boys are in Edinburgh. Time will tell but if we do come back, I'll certainly come back to Fullerton Park.

Tell Davie I'm asking for him. Donnie as well if you see him. They must be getting on a bit as I'm 70 now!  Where did all the time go?

All the best to you and anyone else who might remember me.