League Reconstruction 20/21 season

You're mistaking me for some goon who didn't have the entire first team squad, an abattoir and a bolt gun on his christmas list. Doesn't mean we're not rolling in it. warnock.png&key=637c3c427d6e6c28bc2b870623c54da09f6bb8f4fb21006467f6e87d9e5dbe07

Won’t have any problem dealing with life in the championship then, again.

Life of a yo-yo club eh?

8 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We've more money down the back of the sofa than 90% of the league combined have in the bank.  greggy.png

Depends how exactly the Mysterious Millionaire from Midlothian actually makes their millions. If he or she owns a string of pubs or an airline or a few dozen AirBnB buy-to-let properties, they might not be able to throw the usual £2 million-per-year into the bottomless Gorgie moneypit and Hearts might find themselves a bit more strapped for cash in upcoming seasons...

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Scottish Premiership clubs have been told that they will see Rangers' evidence against the SPFL next week.

The assurance was given by Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson.

Rangers had alleged bullying and said they can prove a "lack of fair play" in the ballot to end the lower leagues. They have forced an SPFL Extraordinary General Meeting on 12 May.

Robertson - a SPFL board member - told clubs he would be happy to speak to them about the evidence once released.

Other things to emerge in the two-hour video meeting - hosted by Aberdeen and attended by all 12 top-flight clubs and Championship winners Dundee United - include:

General consensus that everyone wants to complete the season but many think it unlikely;

Should it be decided that games would be played behind closed doors, five clubs said they would struggle to field teams due to players' contracts expiring;

Some clubs - including Celtic and Rangers - are keen to establish a date by which it needs to be called;

SPFL are waiting for clarity from the government and Uefa, then will consult with clubs, before making decision.

'Reconstruction should be permanent'

Should the campaign not be completed, SPFL clubs are considering ways in which to recalibrate the divisions to prevent clubs being relegated having not completed a full season.

Those talks are being chaired by Ann Budge of Hearts and Hamilton Academical's Les Gray, with St Mirren's Gordon Scott also among those on a 15-strong group.

That subject was also discussed by the clubs, with the following points emerging:

Several clubs cautioned about rushing or making a change for the wrong reasons. They say it has to benefit the game as a whole;

Seven teams said any reconstruction had to be permanent, with only three in favour of a temporary change;

More than one proposal will be circulated to clubs once finalised.

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack, who chaired the "very productive" call, said feedback will be sent to the SPFL and that a further meeting will take place next week.

Cormack said it "captured the various thoughts on completing the current season and where each club stands in relation to league reconstruction".

He added: "Crucially, there was constructive discussion on how and when football in Scotland could resume, with safety and wellbeing of players and fans being a key priority, along with ensuring the survival and sustainability of Scottish football."

Dundee United were represented by Mal Brannigan. However, within a couple of hours, they announced that the chief executive had left his post with immediate effect.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52506778

You're on fire today  mate, another great article. 

This evidence really needs to be something special otherwise it's going to backfire on us. Apparently a celtic fan made it with a laser and fooled the Rangers board into thinking that Dundee had been bribed.

You'll  probably be against reconstruction but we can't allow teams to be relegated through no fault of their own here.

Strange going ons with Dundee United,  send the guy to an important meeting and then he's out of the job?

2 hours ago, Bohemian said:

From Chris McLaughlin: 

"Don't underestimate just how critical a point we're at here.

I had a converasation with someone about half an hour ago, a senior member of a senior club in Scotland, who told me that administration has been discussed.

Now, that doesn't mean that this club in particular who I'm not going to name is ready to go into administration but it's been discussed.

If it's been discussed at one club, it's been discussed at a number of clubs.

Someone said to me last week that the Scottish government won't let Scottish football go down. British Airways are talking about pulling out of Gatwick Airport and losing 12,000 jobs.

It's critical. It's absolutely critical

We're lucky we've got Chris McLaughlin to break exclusives like this. Without him I'd have no idea that some Scottish clubs were discussing what actions theyll take if they run into administration in a situation where they could go 8 months without income.

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Stop slagging Pereira

That’s our gig

Sorry, I appreciate you need something to cling to!

That said, he's no Jack Hamilton mind.

18 minutes ago, Lex said:

Won’t have any problem dealing with life in the championship then, again.

I certainly won't, because like the last time I won't be watching a solitary second of it.  jj.png

46 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's Hearts.

Well it can’t be St Mirren, can it? Because they’ve got access to some unconventional extra income streams.I really shouldn’t........ but fck it. I know it’s tedious for you. But it makes me giggle every time.

11B7E4CC-1DEF-4F12-A0C8-DDF7418CB7BB.jpeg

Edited by Pet Jeden

Well it can’t be St Mirren, can it? Because they’ve got access to some unconventional extra income streams.I really shouldn’t........ but fck it. I know it’s tedious for you. But it makes me giggle every time.
11B7E4CC-1DEF-4F12-A0C8-DDF7418CB7BB.jpeg.86aeabdc9e51b7a9c76589c1fb766eb3.jpeg

House!

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Well it can’t be St Mirren, can it. Because they’ve got access to some unconventional extra income streams..........I really shouldn’t........ but fck it. I know it’s tedious for you. But it makes me giggle every time.

Well money's tight for diddy clubs like ours, every penny counts you know.

Obviously if we were as financially robust as Hearts we wouldn't be floundering at the foot of the league.

Oh wait, ....

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Them and Dundee will be fine as they're on the payroll.

"Hoop takers", if you will. shitwine.png

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well money's tight for diddy clubs like ours, every penny counts you know.

Obviously if we were as financially robust as Hearts we wouldn't be floundering at the foot of the league.

Oh wait, ....

Maybe you will be at the bottom of the league once you have had to concede the upcoming behind-closed-doors 5-a-side SPFL league matches at the Pitz due to lack of contracted players?

Edited by Pet Jeden

No surprise to see Hearts and Newco fans cosy up with each other.

The Hearts supporters bus drops off at the Orange Lodge in Paisley before they play us after all.

Convenient and mutually seething bedfellows. Two cheeks, one arse.

Thankfully they’ll both be ignored.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

The Hearts supporters bus drops off at the Orange Lodge in Paisley before they play us after all.

The Hearts supporters bus - singular? F me, our away support is even smaller than I realised.

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

Catholic v Protestant is low energy stuff. Since I moved here I've embraced the evangelical white supremacism tbh

49 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I really shouldn’t........ but fck it. I know it’s tedious for you.

I'll let you into a secret, it doesn't really bother me that much. I'd preferred if it hadn't happened but in the grand scheme of things it put money into our coffers and we are in no way the only team to host the OF. You can ask anyone from Thistle to Morton.

As for whether it's us going bust? I mean it's a fair question. We've done well to cut our cloth (unlike some) but situations like this are the classic Black Swan. If it was a case that 15 or 20 were going to the wall, yeah, maybe we could in that number, but if it's one or two, I don't think it's going to be us.

13 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Catholic v Protestant is low energy stuff. Since I moved here I've embraced the evangelical white supremacism tbh

Good. So if you make a pilgrimage over to Tynecastle, we’ll be able to spot you in the main stand with your burning cross and your white pointy hood. 

Top tip: don’t bother cutting out eye holes unless we get a lot better.

Edited by Pet Jeden