League Reconstruction 20/21 season

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Nothing to do with the fact that increasing the league to that size would just so happen to get Ayr promoted?

It would help, but having spoken to him I know that he fundamentally believes in bigger leagues and always has done.  

4 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

It would help, but having spoken to him I know that he fundamentally believes in bigger leagues and always has done.  

We all know from his Twitter feed that he fundamentally believes in a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We all know from his Twitter feed that he fundamentally believes in a lot of things.

He does and depending on four matches against the old firm each season isnt one of them.  Should be an interesting outcome tho.

40 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Your particular club might well have had some decent legal advice. But you can't expect all the others to have known that there was not only one way to get money to the clubs. If the SPFL's Ch Ex, Chairman and lawyer said there was only one way, how the fck were Stirling Albion to second guess that?

Nobody cared whether there was another way to get money to clubs at the time of the vote because i) they were realistic enough to know that the season could not be completed on the park regardless and ii) weren't desperately stalling the decision to try and save their own skin like Hearts, Partick, Stranraer and for some reason Sevco. 

Edited by vikingTON

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nobody cared whether there was another way to get money to clubs at the time of the vote because i) they were realistic enough to know that the season could not be completed on the park regardless and ii) weren't desperately stalling the decision to try and save their own skin like Hearts, Partick, Stranraer and for some reason Sevco. 

Oh, I think the board would have thought it mattered - that's why they welded the 2 issues together. Think Tom English has reported that he was told by an SPFL insider that they thought they would never get to a decision otherwise.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Your particular club might well have had some decent legal advice. But you can't expect all the others to have known that there was not only one way to get money to the clubs. If the SPFL's Ch Ex, Chairman and lawyer said there was only one way, how the fck were Stirling Albion to second guess that?

Well for many clubs the money was a small issue - they would still have got exactly the same money a few weeks later.  You don’t need legal expertise to understand what was proposed 

21 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You're welcome. Presume your work needs no thought and that's why you can be fannying about on here during a shift.

Presume your work is in a South Asian sweatshop where no-one offers up such luxuries as breaks.:lol:

On 30/04/2020 at 08:44, AberdeenHibee said:

The Rangers and Heart of Midlothian constant stirring and whaling throughout this very dark episode is cringeworthy, utterly hollow and downright wrong.  

All clubs have voted democratically, as a clear majority, to end the season now in light of the biggest crises the world has seen in any of our lifetimes.   Celtic are deserved champions as they have strolled at a canter to their 9th title in a row.  Hearts deserve relegation having been the poorest team in the league for 75% of the season and poorest team in the league for well over a year now.  Would it have been ideal to finish the season?  Without a shadow of a doubt and every club would have wanted that if it was remotely possible.  But it won't happen and calling the leagues as they are with over 3/4 of the season completed is the only fair way to protect our game.  

The comments from Heart of Midlothian supporters have been shameful and distasteful. "Won't someone please think of Partick, poor Partick!".  They would not have cared a rat's ass had they managed to overcome St Mirren in their final game of the season.  Incredibly bad losers.   Suck it up Sevco and HOMFC.  

I thought that was banned?

When will the season actually be declared over?  
UEFA have set a deadline for May 25 for leagues to submit their plans.

This is the pessimist in me, but I've got a bad feeling that England will rush to complete their leagues behind closed doors which we'll end up following.

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

UEFA have set a deadline for May 25 for leagues to submit their plans.

This is the pessimist in me, but I've got a bad feeling that England will rush to complete their leagues behind closed doors which we'll end up following.

I think England are talking about mass testing of players at a cost of over £30,000 and possibly playing at a handful of venues with players in hotels and all sorts of scenarios.

The premiership can't afford not to play it out, the SPFl can't afford to play it out.

I think we are done in Scotland and the precedence has been set as to how things are allocated.

8 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I think England are talking about mass testing of players at a cost of over £30,000 and possibly playing at a handful of venues with players in hotels and all sorts of scenarios.

The premiership can't afford not to play it out, the SPFl can't afford to play it out.

I think we are done in Scotland and the precedence has been set as to how things are allocated.

Each team would have to spent at least £30k per game I think it was. 

St Johnstone would have to spend £270k to complete the season.