Sign in to follow this  
Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

21 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

For the record, I didn't suggest that.

If the press is to be believed, the government are actually encouraging the EPL at least to investigate an early re-start "to lift the mood of the public".  Boris is a classics scholar, and will be well aware that the Roman emperors gave the plebs "bread and circuses" to keep them quiet.

Naw ……… Think you’ll find out that it’s SKY and BT that are doing the encouraging 
Both haemorrhaging serious number of subscriptions at the moment

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Anyone who says "but the English Premiership are doing...... " should be banned for stupidity on the spot.

France, Holland, Belgium, Ireland to name few have stated they wont be playing football anytime soon.. 

Yeah but they are run by stupid Johnny foreigners unlike good old Blighty with our Blitz spirit and Boris leading the way.

I'd support any reconstruction method that includes going back to using a white fitba' for matches.

We need to chuck the use of that honking yellow Mitre Delta from the past few years.

16 team Premier w/ white football. Please, thanks.

20 hours ago, BIG BEN said:
On 19/04/2020 at 06:07, Doonhamer1969 said:
7/7 gives an even number of games and and even number home and away ,32. I take your point re extra games for the bottom 8 because of losing games vs the OF, but everybody in one league should play the same number of games IMHO.

A different number of games is no worse than playing the same team away 3 times

Not sure what you're getting at. In a 14 team league playing 32 games nobody would be playing anybody 3 times at home or away.

1 hour ago, MacGafraidh said:

It should be 14-14-16 as it stinks that Kelty and Brora  are denied the opportunity to progress!

Kelty and Brora had qualified for a playoff semi final. Calm down 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

1. No, they wouldnt. Some teams can afford to pay players endlessly until the new season begins, others cant. Some have most of their squads on contracts for next season, some dont.

2. I've made it clear I think punishing 3 clubs this Summer is better than punishing multiples of that next Summer. Theres no proposal that doesn't see clubs punished somewhere.

3. Dundee United and Cove are promoted as Champions, it is punishment to refuse to promote them. To me its preferable that clubs staring at relegation get relegated and teams staring at promotion get promoted.

4. I'm not sure the players opinion is overly relevant.

Och,  they're entitled to have their opinion heard - at least as much as anonymous randoms on an online forum.

As to what is the lesser of evils, we don't really know what the clubs unfettered views were, because they were presented with (incorrect) ultimatum that the only way to release desperately needed monies was to call the season over. 

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Och,  they're entitled to have their opinion heard - at least as much as anonymous randoms on an online forum.

As to what is the lesser of evils, we don't really know what the clubs unfettered views were, because they were presented with (incorrect) ultimatum that the only way to release desperately needed monies was to call the season over. 

Theyd already recieved the majority of their payments by the time the vote came about, virtually the amount bottom of the league would get.

All that was left was topping that up for the final position, which couldn't be handed out until final positions had been clarified. Top flight clubs still havent had their final payment.

You've bought into this Rangers lie that lower league clubs were held hostage and the SPFL were refusing to pay them anything until they voted Yes, simple fact is most had recieved the vast majority of monies due before the league even stopped.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Wonder what France will do ??

Surrender. 

Sorry. 

33 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Surrender. 

Sorry. 

Brilliant

43 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

All this because Celtic wanted to bam up Rangers

I mean, if we're going to be objective here

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyd already recieved the majority of their payments by the time the vote came about, virtually the amount bottom of the league would get.

All that was left was topping that up for the final position, which couldn't be handed out until final positions had been clarified. Top flight clubs still havent had their final payment.

You've bought into this Rangers lie that lower league clubs were held hostage and the SPFL were refusing to pay them anything until they voted Yes, simple fact is most had recieved the vast majority of monies due before the league even stopped.

You know that’s misleading and wrong. e.g. ICT were outstanding £300K.

Neil?

2 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

I'd support any reconstruction method that includes going back to using a white fitba' for matches.

We need to chuck the use of that honking yellow Mitre Delta from the past few years.

16 team Premier w/ white football. Please, thanks.

I would be content if we could go back to giving the leagues sensible names:  First Division, Second Division, Third Division and.....wait for it....Fourth Division.

I would be content if we could go back to giving the leagues sensible names:  First Division, Second Division, Third Division and.....wait for it....Fourth Division.

Finally a cause that we can surely all get behind

2 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Not sure what you're getting at. In a 14 team league playing 32 games nobody would be playing anybody 3 times at home or away.

I can't see the Premiership agreeing to cut the number of games by that much, especially when the average attendance is likely to reduce. I also don't think a 7/7 split works very well as it leaves one team in each half not playing on a particular match day, including the final game of the season. I think they're more likely to go for a 6/8 home and away split giving 36 and 40 games. It wouldn't surprise me if the two lower leagues just play each other 3 times giving 39 games.

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You know that’s misleading and wrong. e.g. ICT were outstanding £300K.

Neil?

If you've taken that from the Daily Record, be assured it's absolutely shite. 

The Inverness chairman/CEO/whatever was on Sportsound saying they'd be getting £300k, was he talking shite too?

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Inverness chairman/CEO/whatever was on Sportsound saying they'd be getting £300k, was he talking shite too?

£300k isnt far off their total amount due, and it's been confirmed on here that clubs are all but paid the equivalent of bottom. That doesnt equal £300k.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Kelty and Brora had qualified for a playoff semi final. Calm down 

And an opportunity for promotion 

43 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Absolutely.