League Reconstruction 20/21 season

If there is no play off this year can the HL and LL winners be incorporated into next years (extended) play off as compensation, obviously if they win their league again then no additional match would be required,

1 hour ago, pansjambo said:

Hearts weren't guaranteed to finish last yet you're wanting them relegated...

I've made it clear multiple times that my opinion is no matter what happens there will be teams punished.

My opinion is that temporary league construction is the worst outcome, as it sees the most teams harmed long term. You get increased relegation, and decreased promotion, across all divisions.

Leaves you with voiding the season, or calling it as it is.

Calling it as it is without promotion/relegation rewards teams bottom of their league and punishes those at the top.

Calling it as it is with promotion/relegation rewards teams at the top of their league, and punishes those at the bottom. That seems the fairest way to me.

Permanent reconstruction, which rewards clubs who weren't even guaranteed a play off, is also a worse option to me, you're handing long term benefits to one club, and not another, despite them currently having an equal chance of promotion. 

There is no outcome that doesnt see teams unfairly punished.

Edited by RandomGuy.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've made it clear multiple times that my opinion is no matter what happens there will be teams punished.

My opinion is that temporary league construction is the worst outcome, as it sees the most teams harmed long term. You get increased relegation, and decreased promotion, across all divisions.

Leaves you with voiding the season, or calling it as it is.

Calling it as it is without promotion/relegation rewards teams bottom of their league and punishes those at the top.

Calling it as it is with promotion/relegation rewards teams at the top of their league, and punishes those at the bottom. That seems the fairest way to me.

Permanent reconstruction, which rewards clubs who weren't even guaranteed a play off, is also a worse option to me, you're handing long term benefits to one club, and not another, despite them currently having an equal chance of promotion. 

There is no outcome that doesnt see teams unfairly punished.

Why is it fair for any team to be punished for a world pandemic?

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you think the season is being "kept alive" for TV money, then you've missed the point about 3 weeks ago.

The prize money is paid out. TV money is gone for this season. 

If you check my post I wasn't just talking about Scotland's top flight. Other leagues exist, and some even in this country. 😉

Down here in England, it's reported that the government are keen to see football starting again, and the EPL are planning to finish the season during June and July (behind closed doors), and to start next season in late August.

Is there any reason that couldn't work in Scotland? Except maybe wee Nicola Krankie imposing different lockdown rules ...

Scottish football reconstruction.
Scotland is too small for 42 or 44 senior professional clubs, most of them tin pot shit hole clubs

Start from scratch.

Invite applications from all over the country for 32 top clubs - 2 leagues of 16.

Pick the best run clubs, with best infrastructure, facilities, finance. To f%%k with the rest.

Under this 32, regional tiers in 3 areas. North, West, East. If you're going to greet about too much travel within that, your club is too flimsy to be involved. Bye.

Have as many tiers as you want under each of the region but your champion will play off against the other 2 regions and bottom of the 32 forma place with the big boys.

To hell with tradition. Who gives a toss about Montrose V Brechin or Forfar V Annan. (You can replace these with equally other shit clubs)

Are you related to Ann budge or are you just a idiot

37 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

Why is it fair for any team to be punished for a world pandemic?

Because theres literally no alternative.

Every single proposal will see teams punished because it's not been completed in time.

Wait to finish the league season, and teams will half their squad going out of contract are punished as theyll (more than likely) lose some key players and have just 10 games to get new players in and firing to avoid relegation. 

End the season now and relegate Hearts and you're punishing them by relegating them despite there being 10 games left.

End the season without promotion and you're punishing the champions of the league below.

End the season, expand the leagues permanently and promote teams from below. You're punishing teams like Ayr who have as much chance of promotion, but see clubs within points of them getting the benefits of promotion instead.

Temporary expansion sees clubs get punished at the end of next season with a one off expanded relegation zone.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not wrong, only a few select clubs would get reconstruction talks forced in to try and save them, and that's all this is.

It's the other clubs at the bottom who suffer when relegation spots are multiplied after Hearts have saved themselves (with the caveat Hearts have been the worst too flight side for 18 months, so theres every chance they could still end up relegated next season regardless).

My problem isn't with teams in the bottom places being "saved" from relegation as such, it's having a chief executive of one of the aforementioned clubs being charged with coming up with plan B. 

It stinks but there wouldn't be such a hullabaloo if HMS Alternative was being sailed by another captain. 

2012 GIF

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because theres literally no alternative.

Every single proposal will see teams punished because it's not been completed in time.

1Wait to finish the league season, and teams will half their squad going out of contract are punished as theyll (more than likely) lose some key players and have just 10 games to get new players in and firing to avoid relegation. 

2End the season now and relegate Hearts and you're punishing them by relegating them despite there being 10 games left.

3End the season without promotion and you're punishing the champions of the league below.

4End the season, expand the leagues permanently and promote teams from below. You're punishing teams like Ayr who have as much chance of promotion, but see clubs within points of them getting the benefits of promotion instead.

Temporary expansion sees clubs get punished at the end of next season with a one off expanded relegation zone.

What a load of Tom Kite

1 Every team would be in the same boat

2 Punish 1 team...so that's fair?

3They are not champions yet ,season not completed

4 It would appear thats what players want