League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

But big enough to compensate the other clubs for those unnecessary legal fees.

Nope. The fine doesn't go towards other club's legal costs, and the SFA disciplinary hearing is entirely separate from the arbitration.

The question of costs awarded is part of the arbitration that's still to be ruled on, according to Dundee United FC's statement.

It wasn't really ever feasible to actually overturn relegation but a unanimous 'get this shite in the fucking bin' has made me very happy.

It took a plunger and an expensive plumber but this particularly rancid jobby has finally flushed.

It was always going to go this way, at least now this is over Hearts, and their supporters can actually get back to the football. I still think it was a waste of time, money and energy and for me no winners. Should have moved on after the set of votes and concentrates on next season. I can understand the feeling of those effected by the decision, I would feel the same way but we live in unprecedented times.  

I will admit, I have called this incorrectly. While thinking if it went to court they'd have been given short shrift, I was of the mind that the arbitration panel may have favoured some form of compensation. I'm happy that this has been proven incorrect.

What I will say is it must be a sickener to the decent Hearts support on here. Not the trolling muppets but the ones who have had to sit back and watch their club hit "slow motion car crash" mode. I do genuinely feel a bit for them. For the rest? Aye, well they can easily do one.

Tomorrow's sportsound podcast needs to be with Tom English, Neil McCann and Alan Preston. Just 45 minutes of 'its no fair'
I'm not sure that would safe. The sheer volume of tears and the amount of electrical equipment in a studio would not mix well imo

Dundee United has decisively won a challenge by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle (collectively, ‘the Petitioners’) in which they had sought to reverse the Club’s promotion to the SPFL Premiership.

Dundee United welcomes the decision of the Arbitral Tribunal (the “Tribunal”) which was issued today on the following terms: “The tribunal appointed in terms of Scottish Football Association Article 99 issued its decision today. It unanimously held that the challenges to the Written Resolution of 15 April 2020 failed, and that the SPFL were entitled to pass, and give effect to, the Written Resolution and all that flowed from it. Accordingly it refused to grant any of the orders sought by Heart of Midlothian FC and Partick Thistle FC and continued the arbitration for submissions about expenses.”

The effect of the Tribunal decision is that Dundee United WILL be an SPFL Premiership club for Season 2020/21 and Dundee United WILL kick off its Premiership season on 1 August with a fixture against St Johnstone at Tannadice. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6534/CLUB-STATEMENT.html#.Xx7JsVZO-UI.facebook

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Think that it’s easy to just stick the boot in to Hearts here, but we should all remember that Partick Thistle have also made a complete show of themselves and deserve their fair share of pointing and laughing. 

Genuinely fantastic stuff. 

Partick are worse in my eyes. They cowered behind Hearts, letting them be the focus for all the deserved flack while believing and wanting the exact same thing Hearts did.

Edited by captainkev

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

I still think it was a waste of time, money and energy and for me no winners.

I agree on the time, money and energy but I would say there are definitely winners. About 95% of the posters on this thread to begin with. As a Falkirk fan, it's rare I have anything to be pleased about but right now, I feel like we've just won the cup.

Do Hearts not have to find some fundamental wrong in the process and outcomes of arbitration in order to go back to court? After all they agreed to it.  They cant play the 'it's no fair' card again. 
I don't think thats an option. The Court of Session have closed off that avenue, imo