League Reconstruction 20/21 season

11 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

That's tremendous.

I'm wondering if such skills could be used to put Albert Kidds smiling napper on an upper body shot involving a Hibs top?  Apparently him in his Dundee top is frowned upon as a submission to the cardboard cutout Hibs crowd gig.  Asking for a friend likes.  

Would a St Liedown top not be better?

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Are we going to get a decision from the Arbitration Panel today? The sooner this tedious shite is put to bed and Hearts/Partick's "case" is fired into the fucking sun, the better.

It's utterly fucking ridiculous that they're still entertaining this nonsense less than one week before the new season starts, rather than getting their finger out their arse and settling it immediately after it was punted to arbitration by the court. That is genuine 'laughing stock' material provided by Scottish football.

The only potential upside would be Hearts' legal team having been kept on retainer throughout, running up their bill like a demented taxi meter and absolutely shafting Budge for millions once the case is settled.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's utterly fucking ridiculous that they're still entertaining this nonsense less than one week before the new season starts, rather than getting their finger out their arse and settling it immediately after it was punted to arbitration by the court. That is genuine 'laughing stock' material provided by Scottish football.

The only potential upside would be Hearts' legal team having been kept on retainer throughout, running up their bill like a demented taxi meter and absolutely shafting Budge for millions once the case is settled.

Then the big old SFA fine to follow.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's a nonsense. All the submission and evidence should have been in straight away. It really shouldn't take long for the panel to look at said evidence and file Hearts/Partick's complaints neatly into the bin where they belong. Of course we'll then have to ensure the SFA action against them for bringing this case in the first place. Kicking the pair of them out the league would be fucking hilarious, but presumably a token fine and suspended sentence will be the order of the day. 

Looks like sad-act @LincolnHearts has got his dotting account on the go. Tremendous  😂

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only potential upside would be Hearts' legal team having been kept on retainer throughout, running up their bill like an Edinburgh taxi meter during the Festival and absolutely shafting Budge for millions once the case is settled.

Excellent post. Made one slight change to provide greater accuracy.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's a shocking slur on the Capital's hansom cab owners. You are obviously a bad person with a heart of stone.

I can't say I've ever had anything other than an ugly cab owner in the capital.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

you think Budge is paying for this? It'll Mr Anderson or the FOH that have to stump up that money.

She is going to come out of saving hearts with the same or more money than she put in and then there is the millions her brother in law has made out of it... She doesn't get called successful business woman Budge for nothing.

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Jesus Christ... I don't think the Man City owner could afford a taxi in Edinburgh during the festival. Good job! Well in favour of that.

I've seen a few folk think the SFA can take action against Hearts and Partick by kicking them out the league but am i not right in thinking that the SFA have no jurisdiction over the leagues? It would be a fine and Scottish Cup ban potentially surely if anything comes of it?

Needs to be settled today IMO, taking the proverbial that it's been kept going as long as it has. I can only assume that the arbitrators want to make sure they've covered all angles to prevent further issues

There was a much stronger economic driver in England - the teams would have had to pay back a ridiculous amount of television money to Sky.  £100m each or similar.  Would have dwarfed the savings of abandoning the season.

Whereas Leagues 1 and 2 get next to no money from television, their income is mostly from attendances.  So there was a strong economic driver against continuing with the season.

I'm guessing Scottish football television money is more along the lines of the latter.

You've been whooshed.

I've seen a few folk think the SFA can take action against Hearts and Partick by kicking them out the league but am i not right in thinking that the SFA have no jurisdiction over the leagues? It would be a fine and Scottish Cup ban potentially surely if anything comes of it?
Needs to be settled today IMO, taking the proverbial that it's been kept going as long as it has. I can only assume that the arbitrators want to make sure they've covered all angles to prevent further issues
They can suspend their SFA membership which amounts to the same thing.

Obviously this is all fucking hilarious from the outside, but - looking at it from the PoV of the clubs involved (including the promoted ones) - this needs settled and pronto.

Its a rainy day in Edinburgh, so perhaps a lunchtime announcement will help Jambos wandering around mumbling like the walking dead later to disguise their salty tears?

When all related documentation was requested I would think that put a hold on a quick turnaround.  You need to make sure every single piece of paper , e-mail etc is logged and handed over.  The seeth in HMFC is such that anything missed immediately falls in to the conspiracy/what else are they hiding pish.