League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I love it when Thistle or Hearts fans choose to imply that their clubs were relegated arbitrarily, as if it had nothing whatever to do with performance on the pitch.

It's hilarious, in how transparently and pathetically self serving it is.

As it wasnt over the scheduled season, it wasnt relegation , but demotion by vote and you choose to be in denial of that shows the level of delirium you are in.

Just now, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

As it wasnt over the scheduled season, it wasnt relegation , but demotion by vote and you choose to be in denial of that shows the level of delirium you are in.

Funny how 'relegation' and 'demotion' are both antonyms of 'promotion', isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I'm not denying anything at all.

The league season couldn't be completed, so the fairest means of deciding things was arrived it.

It meant my freefalling team got bloody lucky, while yours can be considered unfortunate.

Grow up, and accept it.

30 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Anyone who thinks all of our clubs will survive until things go back to 'normal' is a complete simpleton.

All joking, and successful businesswoman moonhowlers baiting aside I do fear this will be the case Alf. There will be several clubs on the brink because of this, whatever league Hearts end up in nect year will not change that narrative one single iota however.

I would've agreed a few months ago, but they all seem to have signed up to start. What is you think will happen, furlough stops, no crowds longer than expected and the gamble to start backfires?

I agree. I'm increasingly confident all 42 SPFL clubs will survive this unless there is a serious second wave which requires a sustained lockdown and suspension of the season.

Even if Hearts and Thistle are awarded some compensation I think this will be the case.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not denying anything at all.

The league season couldn't be completed, so the fairest means of deciding things was arrived it.

It meant my freefalling team got bloody lucky, while yours can be considered unfortunate.

Grow up, and accept it.

I have accepted it. We will be in League 1 and will likely be shat upon again by the SFA. The season should have been null and void, but Celtic needed their 9 in a row.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I have accepted it. We will be in League 1 and will likely be shat upon again by the SFA. The season should have been null and void, but Celtic needed their 9 in a row.

How many times does it need to be pointed out that by declaring the season null and void, the whole of Scottish football would potentially miss out on tv and sponsorship money?

Less than 60% matches played = null and void. More than 60% matches played = standings on PPG.

I hope we have something like this written into this season's rules, as it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the season might have to be curtailed again.  It should be communicated clearly to clubs and supporters before the season kicks off.

It won't be though.

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

^^ Big team found.

All joking aside, it is shite, it was a moment in time & if it was Killie I would be a snottery mess. In a few years time it will all be a distant memory, the financial impact of relegation in Scotland is minimal, get a decent manager in & all is quickly well.

Nice to see it's not just The Rangers running with the "ra Sellick runs Scottish Fitba" approach.

Wait, no, it's embarrassing, and should be deeply humiliating for anyone doing the whining,

3 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

^^ Big team found.

All joking aside, it is shite, it was a moment in time & if it was Killie I would be a snottery mess. In a few years time it will all be a distant memory, the financial impact of relegation in Scotland is minimal, get a decent manager in & all is quickly well.

Personally I think the rancour with stink out Scottish football for years to come.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How do some thickos still not know the difference between the SPFL and the SFA and what each do?!

Some folk are still wandering around claiming their team was "demoted" when they were relegated, or "relegated" when they were liquidated.

Also, the SPL still exists in some folks' heads, as you well know.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How do some thickos still not know the difference between the SPFL and the SFA and what each do?!

Between the banter boys & the JKB propaganda broadcasts, I am more inclined than ever to stop paying the BBC licence fee & I don't even live in Scotland.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Conspiracy theorists just continually shift the theory to suit even if it is riddled with holes. They need to hang in to it so it becomes 'true'. So, an SPFL club members vote was all the machinations of SFA/Lawell/Celtic - adjust to suit.

Edited by rainbowrising