Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A Bairn telling a Jambo that in the midst of a pandemic sometimes we just have to take our medicine, there's more important shit going on. We fucked up by being a point behind with a budget that should have meant we were well ahead, you fucked up by being 4 points behind the second worst team with a budget far greater than the teams immediately above you. Shit happens, a bit of humility would be in order.

Define “more important shit“

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Stopping c***s dying? 

Anyone have a clip of the successful businesswoman saying the word demoted, asking for me. 

Just now, Gorgie greatness said:

I don't know, nearly 50 thousand dead, economy in free fall, potential collapse of lower league football if crowds aren't allowed in and twice weekly testing is required? You know, stuff more important than Hearts getting relegated a few weeks earlier than they would have probably been anyway.

It really will be a mess if the Panel comes out in Hearts/Thistle's favour, if they did I assume the onus would be on reorganisation, it'd push the top flight back to mid-September and I would imagine the easiest scenario for one season only (if SKY allows it) would be 3 divisions of 14 with 26 games.
Easier really just to blow up Tynecastle & Firhill!  :jerry

If hearts/thistle win, it will just be easier if the SFA just expel them from the league.

Imagine the heads-gone at that. If only they followed the rules they would have been safe but since they didn’t they now have no license to play.

22 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Stopping c***s dying? 

Will this only  happen if we’re in the diddy league?

never mind the time for schadenfreude will soon be over & it’ll be time for the P&B cult to head back to their own various shit piles. Be interesting to see if this big love in continues beyond August 1st.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

never mind the time for schadenfreude will soon be over

Is he on the transfer list?

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If you think I'm coming into the diddy forum to read your pish you're very mistaken. 

😂

15 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Will this only  happen if we’re in the diddy league?

never mind the time for schadenfreude will soon be over & it’ll be time for the P&B cult to head back to their own various shit piles. Be interesting to see if this big love in continues beyond August 1st.

It won’t need to, battle will have commenced.

1 hour ago, btb said:

It really will be a mess if the Panel comes out in Hearts/Thistle's favour, if they did I assume the onus would be on reorganisation, it'd push the top flight back to mid-September and I would imagine the easiest scenario for one season only (if SKY allows it) would be 3 divisions of 14 with 26 games.

Easier really just to blow up Tynecastle & Firhill!  :jerry

Yes you would think that reorganisation would be inevitable  but there isn't a single suggestion that would keep enough of the clubs happy.   

2 hours ago, woolf said:

Ah,the SPFL.The bastion of integrity and the saviour of Scottish football.

While you are all laughing at Hearts,our game is falling apart.Honestly I don’t give a fcuk what league I’m watching next season as long as there is a next season.The beaks running our game are inept,we all know it.Cant wait to sit in my seat and watch some football,miss it very much.Stay safe.

How is our game 'falling apart'?

Next season starts in a week, and the SPFL have no say as to when fans are allowed back.

Perhaps so, but if Hearts/Thistle win it's gonna be compo or reconstruction & that might sharpen a few minds.

I still blame Budge/Hearts intransigence back in April for the situation.

2 hours ago, Yorky said:

There was an interesting statistic given the other day showing points in the Premiership over the last 10 years and Hearts were 7th behind the like of Motherwell, St Johnstone, and Kilmarnock, that’s pretty amazing given the huge difference in budgets. I keep reading that other clubs fans are envious of Hearts because they are able to compete with Rangers and Celtic for the league, that’s clearly not the case. Hearts have been an absolute failure of a football club now over a long period of time, that’s also just a fact. I really feel some of the support base would do well to Show a little more humility instead of trying to put down all the other “ Diddy teams” because  they really are not all that. A diddy club like Motherwell who have been in the top flight since 1985 are actually a far more successful club.

Was the interesting statistics simply the total Premiership points earned by each club over the last ten seasons?

8 minutes ago, btb said:

Perhaps so, but if Hearts/Thistle win it's gonna be compo or reconstruction & that might sharpen a few minds.

They have not asked for reconstruction.

All Hearts and Thistle really want is their relegation overturned and to send the promoted clubs back down a division.

There is no time for reconstruction to keep those 3 clubs up as it would require a vote to be passed (which wont happen) never mind the fixture scenarios.

The panel will know all of this and may have to make a "least worst" decision - even if they think Hearts and Thistle have been hard done by.

They would know that - looking at the Prem/Champs part - denying Dundee Utd promotion is actually worse from a sporting fairness perspective than what happened to Hearts.

Its a bit of a jobby sandwich, but imo the best the two can hope for is your bit in bold - but again it seems hardly credible that the arbitration panel will award the ludicrous sums demanded - which would have the consequence of sending several clubs to the wall.

If they award compo it will probably be a relatively small sum - of course they can say to their more stupid fans that they took on The Man and won.

Logic tells you that it is far more likely that the panel finds there is no smoking gun, no laws were broken, and Hearts and Partick remain in their relegated divisions.

For the comedy, I would prefer that they asked for the Good Friday vote to be rerun between now and next Friday by live simulcast - and for the coup de grace to be delivered by Leeann Dempster.

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

image.png.9ba95172ff222d2625a3214f1e8703a8.png

What’s this “...if Hearts/Thistle win....” shite?

No-one wins you cretins, no-one.

45 minutes ago, btb said:

I still blame Budge/Hearts intransigence back in April for the situation.

'Sharpen a few minds'? Who?

If Hearts hadn’t wasted time going to court there would have been time to react to any arbitration decision but there is no chance they are disrupting the season now.

I'll give some context to this. There's a mentalist Hearts fan that sponsored Dundee back in the 80s (Novafone) and ever since he's followed Dundee round and e-mailed the owners with bizarre and completely mental ideas. He's had designs professionally made for Dens to be a 20,000 seater with a car park under the pitch and a monorail going round it.

Anyway - He's back on the Dundee forums again proposing various mental stuff (A bingo game that will make Dundee £17million per year apparently - See spoiler for the e-mail he's sent Tim Keyes)

That's not why I'm posting here though. He has a proposal (And has made a website) to save Scottish football and blood youth into the game. Here's the website: https://www.npl-football.com/

Copy email sent to Tim Keyes today

Tim . . .

£17 million income per year : DEES BIG GAME BINGO + ONLINE

You will be aware that NFL/NHL/NBA Bingo is massive in USA with regular ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZES.

2,000 players per week in DUBLIN since 1938 with a minimum prize fund of £25,000 per week.

DEESBINGO.CLUB   -  BE THE FIRST - HOME & AWAY (Domain name available)

The Club's 3,000 season ticket holders would automatically become members of the Dees Bingo Club.

They would be able to nominate up to six friends & family . .  extending DeesBingo Club membership to over 20,000.

DeesBingo regular two games per evening/six per week would be live online on Saturday, Sunday and Mondays.

1.    Weekly : New income three evening per week. (average 6,600 per night). 

Up to 20,000 players @ £5 per entry x Sat/Sun/Mon = 100,000 x £4.16+vat = £0.4m.
£0.4 million per week x 50 weeks = £20m less 10% management costs and prize fund.  Potentially £15m into the Club per year.

2.    BIG GAME :   to gain entry into the BIG PRIZE GAMES on the first Mondays each month, players would need to have entered at least 66% games in the previous month.  'First Monday Big Game' entry would cost £10 x 20,000 = £200k x 12 = £2.4m. (£2m + VAT)

Total £17.0 million per year.

Dens Park could become the UK's only £1m annual prize fund STADIUM BIG GAME BINGO venue on the first Monday each month.
No disruption for stadium used once per month for live televised bingo from the centre circle at Dens Park plus thousands of online players/members from across the UK with entertainment by a Professional Bingo Management team.  This could start immediately.

Maybe :  A One million pound big game in December.  Eleven months big games for £100,000 cash prize on first Mondays each month.

You may be surprised that I am contacting you with this idea as I have never been impressed by Nelms as custodian of the Club.
I only want to see a once great Club's survival and playing at the top once again.

I can pass on the own label bingo UK licensed management company who would run the events and develop a bespoke DEESBINGO platform.

I suggest it should be run by the Foundation with Nelms on a short lead.

Let me know.

Bob Jamieson