League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo

Seems like the Scottish gov and Scottish football can work together to make things happen:

"SCOTLAND’S Euro entrants won’t need to self-isolate after away trips to countries on the Covid-19 banned list. Celtic supremo Peter Lawwell revealed the four clubs have been granted special status by Holyrood."

1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

Has 8braincellstogo not been back to tell us that the games have been synthesized on his version of FM and Hearts, in fact, won all the remaining games by an average of 8-0 Then they’ve gone on to win the League Cup, Scottish Cup (twice!) and both Premiership and Championship in 2020/21.

Seems reasonable emoji849.png

To justify the £8 million claim they'd have had to get into the group stages of the Champions League too.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Seems like the Scottish gov and Scottish football can work together to make things happen:

"SCOTLAND’S Euro entrants won’t need to self-isolate after away trips to countries on the Covid-19 banned list. Celtic supremo Peter Lawwell revealed the four clubs have been granted special status by Holyrood."

How is that relevant?

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

default_gratepoast.gif.947fdc35b02b96d0ebf803dd57caccb1.gif

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, flood said:

So you think you can go from a three month lockdown to playing games in a couple of weeks?

The SPFL have been working with the government, health authorities, players unions etc to have a stepped, risk based approach to playing again. 

They all agreed on the 1st august date last month and have been working to that. The health of the players and staff is the most important factor, not pissing of relegated hearts 

Yes I know. But they focused on starting a new season. They abandoned the idea of finishing the league way back in March.

I actually think due to the SPFL's general incompetence (as we're seeing with the testing debacle) they probably wouldn't;t have been able to finish the league in time, much like they may not be able to start the league on time. My argument has always been that they could have worked to enable there to be time to finish the league. After that, you're all probably right we probably wouldn't have been able to do it - not because there wasn't time, but because of the SPFL's incredible incompetence. I mean what kind of cheapo testers are St Mirren using? How can we trust the results other teams are getting?

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, stressball said:

How is that relevant?

For several weeks the answer to why we couldn't finish the league has been the Scottish gov said so way back in March. In fact, it's always been a moveable feast with both the gov and football able to discuss things. The SPFL never seriously engaged with the gov on finish the league though. They took that option off the table almost immediately with virtually zero serious discussion.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Yes I know. But they focused on starting a new season. They abandoned the idea of finishing the league way back in March.

I actually think due to the SPFL's general incompetence (as we're seeing with the testing debacle) they probably wouldn't;t have been able to finish the league in time, much like they may not be able to start the league on time. My argument has always been that they could have worked to enable there to be time to finish the league. After that, you're all probably right we probably wouldn't have been able to do it - not because there wasn't time, but because of the SPFL's incredible incompetence. I mean what kind of cheapo testers are St Mirren using? How can we trust the results other teams are getting?

They’re using the same tests as everyone. There’s a 94% accuracy rate on them.

Tests not coming back on time from an independent lab has nothing to do with the SPLs level of competence.

We’ve only recently been granted a return to football, decided upon by the Scottish Government.

There was not enough time to end the season.

Edited by stressball

Guest 8GamesToGo
9 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

@8GamesToGo are you Gavin Strachan? 

Who seems btw to be a total c**t. They deserve a potentially deadly virus apparently. Yup. Supports Hearts... 

You can't even read names. Pretty sure that says Daniel. Murray's been entirely right on this. As have the other non-tabloid journos - English, Andrew Smith, Michael Grant..

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, stressball said:

They’re using the same tests as everyone. There’s a 94% accuracy rate on them.

Tests not coming back on time from an independent lab has nothing to do with the SPLs level of competence.

If there are false positives there are definitely false negatives. 

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

If there are false positives there are definitely false negatives. 

Thank God we ended the season when we did then.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Is this event accessed via a time machine?  If not, you're an idiot.  

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thank God we ended the season when we did then.

Maybe we could have started the next one on Sept 12th like England is doing? To give us more time to end this season?

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Is this event accessed via a time machine?  If not, you're an idiot.  

It's an example of things being made to happen through discussions.

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Maybe we could have started the next one on Sept 12th like England is doing? To give us more time to end this season?

You've worried me about false negative readings, you're perfectly right, better safe than sorry. Neil Doncaster and the clubs did what was best for the country in these unprecedented times, and it's great that at least one Jambo has finally come to accept it. Thankfully you won't have to worry, the Championship kicks off in October, and I believe you have an exciting Cup Semi Final to look forward to!!! 

Edited by welshbairn

30 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

You can't even read names. Pretty sure that says Daniel. Murray's been entirely right on this. As have the other non-tabloid journos - English, Andrew Smith, Michael Grant..

Oh no. Got his name wrong. 

I apologise. I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies. I hope it doesn't keep you up all night either. 

46 minutes ago, flood said:

So you think you can go from a three month lockdown to playing games in a couple of weeks?

The SPFL have been working with the government, health authorities, players unions etc to have a stepped, risk based approach to playing again. 

They all agreed on the 1st august date last month and have been working to that. The health of the players and staff is the most important factor, not pissing of relegated hearts 

That's a bonus.