League Reconstruction 20/21 season

22 minutes ago, Ric said:

I believe the deliberation time began at when the witnesses and closing legal arguments had been made, which going by my reckoning had been done by late Wednesday, early Thursday. Could be wrong, of course.

I dunno. If you look at the hearings for the motion to sist/discover/dismiss, the final parts of the hearing were in the morning, the oral ruling was at 2pm, and the fully-written up, detailed and dense 16-page pdf ruling was available before 3pm that same day. There's no way that Lord Clarke didn't have at least significant parts of that ruling ready to go and written up before the parties had finished speaking.

Edited by Aim Here

Just now, Aim Here said:

I dunno. If you look at the hearings for the motion to sist/discover/dismiss, the final parts of the hearing were in the morning, the oral ruling was at 2pm, and the fully-written up, detailed and dense 16-page pdf ruling was available before 3pm that same day. There's no way that Lord Clarke didn't have at least significant parts of that ruling ready to go and written up before the parties had finished speaking.

I take your point but that was a much narrower outcome (ie: whether to proceed to a full hearing or go to arbitration) and he had complete autonomy.

Although I do agree that the majority of their deliberations will have already been written.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

I wouldn't worry about the written decision. That'll be done later. In the first instance I would simply expect the decision to be given orally to the parties with a fuller written statement of reasons to follow.

I suspect it's going to be a tough one for Hearts to swallow.

Lets me honest the likes of Neil Mccann are guessing as much as we would be about the significance of any evidence. 
I mean it could well be extremely significant but its not like they have a clue!
McCann showing what a fanny he is in The Sun - 20 minutes ago.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5849665/hearts-partick-thistle-hampden-arbitration-neil-mccann/

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

He gives it the big I am on Sportsound and gives it "I always keen to talk up our Scottish game" and on the Podcast he does try to do that but then he's doing articles like that 🙄

Fuckin wee man syndrome eh. 

A parachute payment isn't compensation for the season being terminated early, it's a payment that clubs always get when they're relegated and is therefore essentially part of the prize money for finishing 12th. Clubs who were in the play-off spots also got their usual compensation for finishing in those spots, so why would they deserve any extra?
Perhaps I was not clear - the point is that if Hearts and Thistle get compensation then surely any other team that has been "unfairly" affected should also be compensated.

I don't believe that any team should be getting compensated.

Not one fucking penny.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's absolutely desperate for Budge to give him a job

Edit for not being able to bring myself to spell "Budge" correctly

Here - "Successful Business Woman"

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

He'll have had it ready and read from it when he was giving his ruling. He'll have had a couple of wee dictations in for a transcriptionist to batter out. 

For entertainment value I'm kind of hoping the panel find some aspect of Company Law that they can't find a precedent for and have to send it back to the Court of Sessions to deal with. No idea what powers the panel have but I'd imagine they'd be wary of being found to have judged unlawfully on appeal, if that's possible. It was quite fun listening in to the proceedings on the phone last time even though I couldn't understand half of what they were on about.

Has 8braincellstogo not been back to tell us that the games have been synthesized on his version of FM and Hearts, in fact, won all the remaining games by an average of 8-0 Then they’ve gone on to win the League Cup, Scottish Cup (twice!) and both Premiership and Championship in 2020/21.

Seems reasonable [emoji849]

18 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Apart from contact closed doors games that have been happening in Scotland since July 11th. So they haven't banned games. Glad we sorted that out.

Everyone is so tense. Could the penny finally be dropping that you backed the wrong horse in this whole thing? 

So you think you can go from a three month lockdown to playing games in a couple of weeks?

The SPFL have been working with the government, health authorities, players unions etc to have a stepped, risk based approach to playing again. 

They all agreed on the 1st august date last month and have been working to that. The health of the players and staff is the most important factor, not pissing of relegated hearts