Jump to content
Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, btb said:

I had to start there to answer 8gamestogos asinine question.

Do you believe Budge/Hearts handled the process well?

Budge has to be seen to be doing what she can for the club - she'll be stepping back soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paranoid android said:

Budge has to be seen to be doing what she can for the club - she'll be stepping back soon enough.

I think that's part of the problem here. She went hard and fast into indignation to push a narrative her tenure wouldn't end on failure/disappointment* (delete as appropriate). Someone more secure may have acted with finesse, ultimately resulting in a more favourable outcome from the two attempts at reconstruction.

IMO, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paranoid android said:

Budge has to be seen to be doing what she can for the club - she'll be stepping back soon enough.

Has the proportion of Heart of Midlothian Football Club that FoH gets for their money been fixed yet? If it's based on Hearts' current market valuation, it's in Budges financial interests to wait until Hearts are back in the top flight so that she maximises the money that she gets from the mugs fans - had the handover taken in May, as originally pllanned, the FoH could have gotten the club on the cheap. Budge may well be extracting what she can from the club...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Budge has to be seen to be doing what she can for the club - she'll be stepping back soon enough.

That's the answer to a different question, although it is quite revealing - just spit it out man.

Edited by btb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think this is genuinely the essence of our current situation.

Ann Budge doesn't really 'get' relegation.

This was brought home to me early on when she spoke of an injustice, in that Dundee United were getting rewarded having invested heavily in their team, whereas Hearts were not.  She spoke as if the actual results of football matches were merely incidental. 

Obviously, had the season run for 38 games and finished with Hearts bottom, she'd not be pursuing legal challenges and the like - she's not stupid.  However, I think she'd almost feel as she does now anyway.  I think that to her, the fact that your income can suddenly be vastly reduced on account of having to play in a different division, is intrinsically unfair.  

It's that belief that is inspiring the fight.  It's the pandemic that's allowing it.

Wait till she finds out about the MLS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They've certainly got a spring back in their step after hearing the news about the St Mirren (St Lie down ha ha ha :wacko:) backroom staff testing positive.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189456-st-lie-down/

They whined about not finishing the season.

I think this present cluster f**k shows why that wasn't possible.

(And some awful posts on that thread, akin to the time Boris was hospitalised for Covid-19.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The tarts will be paid compensation for relegation,  the other leagues will play out the promotion and relegation with the time between now and October.

This would be substantially more expensive than just compensating Partick Thistle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The tarts will be paid compensation for relegation,  the other leagues will play out the promotion and relegation with the time between now and October.

Hearts already receive “Compensation” in terms of the parachute fee.  Your solution is literally the least likely of all possible outcomes.

Edited by Savage Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way things are going, I'm not even sure we'll complete this season, now. I can see a lot of games being postponed due to Covid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

The way things are going, I'm not even sure we'll complete this season, now. I can see a lot of games being postponed due to Covid...

I'm concerned potential it won't start. Particularly after Rangers behaviour this week. 

Total disregard for rules/procedures which I can imagine won't have gone down well with the Government. If there's another covid spike or issue the start will be blocked. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Has the proportion of Heart of Midlothian Football Club that FoH gets for their money been fixed yet? If it's based on Hearts' current market valuation, it's in Budges financial interests to wait until Hearts are back in the top flight so that she maximises the money that she gets from the mugs fans - had the handover taken in May, as originally pllanned, the FoH could have gotten the club on the cheap. Budge may well be extracting what she can from the club...

She could be - I have no idea.

I get the impression she's had enough, but she'll want her coin back.

In the meantime, she's letting the fans see that she did everything she could - probably in the hope that more fans will renew season tickets, etc.

As well as the coinage issue, I think there's a fair amount of face-saving involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

As well as the coinage issue, I think there's a fair amount of face-saving involved. 

Ann Budge FFS. Old Abraham Lincoln got it wrong where Hearts supporters are concerned. Apparently you can fool all of the people all of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine what will happen is that clubs & spfl will be told what's happened but it will embargoed until a statement is released,
then quickly followed by follow up statements from clubs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts already receive “Compensation” in terms of the parachute fee.  Your solution is literally the least likely of all possible outcomes.

A point I repeatedly make. 

 

 

They should not get a penny more.

 

If any clubs deserve compensation it is those who gave up the chance of promotion when playoffs were cancelled

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ann Budge FFS. Old Abraham Lincoln got it wrong where Hearts supporters are concerned. Apparently you can fool all of the people all of the time. 

Beg to differ. This looks very much like a 'some of the time' affair. There was already a bit of a Budge-oot movement before the lockdown, which stalled because her fighting words kept the moonhowlers onside. If the relegation arbiitration deliberation gives Hearts an unfavourable determination, I can well imagine that there'll be a lot of voices calling for an expeditious termination...

Edited by Aim Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I imagine what will happen is that clubs & spfl will be told what's happened but it will embargoed until a statement is released,
then quickly followed by follow up statements from clubs?

Aye, one day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...