League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like Rangers have fucked us all.

Breached testing regulations by allowing players to play against Dundee United despite not receiving test results back beforehand.

Chance now that Dundee United will be forced into a 14 day quarantine, and the Rangers "B" side. 

Obviously that would put the opening fixture at risk for United and Rangers.

One of the major points in regular testing is to prevent the need for extended quaratines, no?

9 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Which is why from the start Hearts have proposed reconstruction and not, for example, null and void. Get it now?

They did.

Rangers, ICT AND Hearts, were pushing for null and void with place based prize money being given out. This got up the noses of Championship clubs that were at the meeting. Scott Gardner was pushing it. Dave McKinnon put his name to the story and Gardiner as backed up by other Championship clubs.

ICT rounded on the Record after printing the story, yet once the other clubs spoke out ICT and Gardner have been conspicuous by their silence.

Hearts have been trying all angles, which IS self interest. They have been trying to save themselves from relegation. It's understandable, but at least don't be a hypocrite by saying only other clubs are doing that.

Edited by Tannadeechee

14 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

They did.

Rangers, ICT AND Hearts, were pushing for null and void with place based prize money being given out. This got up the noses of Championship clubs that were at the meeting. Scott Gardner was pushing it. Dave McKinnon put his name to the story and Gardiner as packed up by other Championship clubs.

ICT rounded on the Record after printing the story, yet once the other clubs spoke out ICT and Gardner have been conspicuous by their silence.

Hearts have been trying all angles, which IS self interest. They have been trying to save themselves from relegation. It's understandable, but at least don't be a hypocrite by saying only other clubs are doing that.

Self interest from Hearts is fine as every other club would do the same.

All other clubs self interest epitomises the small-minded, backwards, disgusting thinking of the backwater that is Scottish football. We will forever be shite at football because of this disgusting selfishness.

Why was a temporary (or permanent) 14-10-10-10 not viable?

Because it’s a patent load of shite. That’s why it was booted into the sea by the clubs at first opportunity.

All other clubs self interest epitomises the small-minded, backwards, disgusting thinking of the backwater that is Scottish football. We will forever be shite at football because of this disgusting selfishness.
^^^ Blatantly touting for a gig on Sportsound IMO.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

One of the major points in regular testing is to prevent the need for extended quaratines, no?

Yes. But if clubs can't be trusted to act responsibly, it'll be taken out their hands.

The Scottish Government have made it as difficult as possible to reach this stage, why clubs would give them a chance to shut the game down again is beyond me.

8 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Not really. You're asking for a complete plan for playing football during a pandemic. (A very Neil Doncaster thing to do - paste buck and all that).

I'm just asking you why 3 playoff games can't be played given contact football has started.

The wording around the current Rangers debacle indicate the extent to which the top league has got special dispensation from government to prepare to start competitive football in August, the lower leagues do not have that dispensation so games involving them could not be played.

8 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/nicola-sturgeon-announces-professional-sport-can-resume-monday-without-fans-2888471

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has revealed professional sport can resume on Monday, 22 June.

Contact football started on July 11th.

You do know professional sport is more than playing the actual games right? The league starts on August 1st because that's when it always starts and that's when the SPFL asked for it to start. If not, isn't it an amazing coincidence that contact football started just when clubs needed it to prepare for a new season and games could be played exactly when the SOFL wanted. It's almost like they coordinated things with the gov, having told them that's when they would like to begin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52843448

They voted 2 weeks before that as well...

Clubs needed apparently at least 3 weeks to train... they couldn't have just started off when contact was allowed. 

The gov were making these decisions this paranoia that it was somehow all orchestrated to relegate you and all the club's all went along with it to try and get you is beyond comical nonsense. The decisions to restart the league were made weeks after the vote. 

LET IT GO. IT WASN'T SOME KIND OF FIX UP. 

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

But let's be honest, the worst team in the league, Hearts, being in the top league makes all of Scottish Football great again. You know its true, you're just too selfish to see it. The 80s are on the way back.

However...

Is it not selfish to want the betterment of Scottish football? Ultimately it means all teams will be improved...so is it not Hearts that are actually the selfish ones as the rest of the clubs want the mediocre status quo...

So really, for the greater good, should we not just grind Scottish football to a halt and work towards shutting football in Scotland down because every c***s out for themselves and not forming a circle singing Kumbaya...which...wait a sec... is what Hearts must be trying to do...

mind-blown-1.gif.3e82247acdcb5bd6738a3eb9add5b1f5.gif

9 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

You act like this is about being relegated. Every single Hearts fan would have accepted the normal relegation we were heading for. Hearts were in the championship not that long ago. It was quite fun as I remember. How was it for you?

This is about not piling on extra harm to some clubs only (while others benefit - I'm looking at Hamilton for one) during a fucking economic crisis.

Okay...for the first time in a long time you’ve actually raised something resembling a good point, though judging by your other posts in the last 12hrs it seems it was by complete accident while spewing your usual tripe.

So if this whole situation isn’t entirely about self interest on the part of Hearts and Partick Thistle but is actually a thinly veiled crusade against the idea of some clubs benefitting from the Covid-19, I’m assuming you would be delighted with and wholly accept if the league said that your relegation was to stand, but that they would reinstate the play off matches for those who were in the relevant positions at the date games finished?

As HoM are the last bastion of integrity in Scottish football I’m sure they would sleep soundly knowing that their hard work and effort over the past three months did nothing to change their own fate, but instead was altruism of the highest order on behalf of clubs who “may” have been promoted via the playoffs.

Or theres option B, where if any of this happened you would still be on here whining like a b*tch with a skint knee because it ‘isn’t fair’, or because everyone else in the league didn’t back your CEOs crackpot reconstruction plans, or because the SPFL are a secretive cabal run by the Illuminati who are trying to destroy HoMFC, or whatever other mind-bending theory you have that day.

Please, if not for the sake of your own mental health then at least for mine as I feel I’m dropping at least 50IQ points everytime I read one of your comments...f*ck back off under whichever bridge you came from!

Edited by JimmyMirren

Plenty of folk have jumped on the notion that 'no clubs should be penalised/benefit' from Covid-19. Anyone who thinks that is possible hasn't got a basic grasp of what's going on.

I think even Budge herself said nobody should be disproportionately  punished by the current situation. Hearts/Thistle believe relegation is a disproportionate punishment.

Personally, I disagree with them but it's a far more relevant argument than someone who says 'no one should suffer from Covid'.

We are in this position because we have 2 clubs that want to protect everything they have. Then we have Aberdeen to thank for keeping things the way there are to.

The chap from Ayr was correct we do need a proper independent leader, rather than an administrator doing the will of the clubs. Good luck finding someone independent and then the clubs agreeing to losing their power.

In saying that, now is not the time to be rushing through changes. We have enough problems to deal with without another quick botched job.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Plenty of folk have jumped on the notion that 'no clubs should be penalised/benefit' from Covid-19. Anyone who thinks that is possible hasn't got a basic grasp of what's going on.

I think even Budge herself said nobody should be disproportionately  punished by the current situation. Hearts/Thistle believe relegation is a disproportionate punishment.

Personally, I disagree with them but it's a far more relevant argument than someone who says 'no one should suffer from Covid'.

Compensation will help the jags going forward.