Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Am I missing something? If the season could have been played to its conclusion, why didn't the clubs with the most to lose argue vociferously for for this as an option?

How do you know they didn't? They argued for the "no harm" option from the start.

4 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Spot on mate. The threshold for what is and isn’t fair in should be an arbitrary judgement based on what everyone wants to happen. It makes for a really interesting discussion.

If there are solutions that are obviously "unfair" and ones that are obviously "fair" which do you think should be the one to focus on?

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Oh how "unfair". Am I doing this right?

Finishing the league *could* have been possible. A way *could* have been found. They didn't even fucking discuss it, while other leagues found way.

After that, reconstruction was the next best option for everyone. Another cluster f**k of self-interest and spite. 

And what about the playoffs. What's your reasoning for the playoffs not happening as a mini tournament now we have contact football?

Why bother though? The other play off contenders have come to terms with what seemed to be the only realistic option in a crisis nobody has known before, only the worst by far team in the Premiership is still whining about it, instead of planning and looking forward to next season. It would be embarrassing to watch if it wasn't so entertaining. There was no spite involved, just some self interest and not caring too much, especially while you're doing your Harry Enfield loadsamoney act.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

How do you know they didn't? They argued for the "no harm" option from the start.

There was one point where you couldn't move for statements being issued by clubs of all stripes covering a multitude of issues. Playing the season to a close wasn't particularly prominent in any of these. Unless you're aware of one?

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

If there are solutions that are obviously "unfair" and ones that are obviously "fair" which do you think should be the one to focus on?

The fair one, where the worst team gets demoted and doesn't try to buy its way out of it with QCs and blackmail.

Hundreds of posts greeting about the unfairness of positions standing before the games have been finished. But Europe? f**k it, just call it early. What’s that got to do with Hearts eh.

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The ones that benefit the famous obviously!!!!

35 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

If UEFA needs European spots by August 1st or whatever date, we just set a date and the European spots go to whatever clubs are in the Euro spots on that date if the league is still being finished. 

8 games to go: it’s pyoor no fair to relegate Hearts on the basis of an incomplete season

Also 8 games to go: sod it, just dish out European places based on an incomplete season

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

27 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Finishing the league *could* have been possible. A way *could* have been found. They didn't even fucking discuss it, while other leagues found way.

After that, reconstruction was the next best option for everyone. Another cluster f**k of self-interest and spite. 

And what about the playoffs. What's your reasoning for the playoffs not happening as a mini tournament now we have contact football?

I think you've been shouting unfair from the start so no need to change your record now.

A way could have been found? 

Can you actually engage your brain and answer the fecking questions that you've had weeks and weeks to think up answers for?

How? Give us a plan rather than just thickly and obtusely going "could have".

When? Give us your plan.

Please include your working including

Financially

Costs involved to all clubs

Payback to existing contracts

Payback to SKY for new contract starting late

Scot Gov saying GET TO f**k to Scottish football, including closed doors games as they said they didn't want folk piling round houses to watch it.

SPFL and SFA have been in constant contact with Scot Gov, updates are publicised.

UEFA deadlines

Euro games and the calendar

Ignoring England,Italy, Spain, Germany etc as they are completely irrelevant. Different legislatures, laws, infection rates etc.

The fact that Aberdeen have had a positive COVID test from a player

ST Mirren now have 7 backroom staff positive. With this news it's pretty unlikely players haven't caught it. Possible also that their opponents in friendlies may have caught it.

There is a lot more, but I'll keep it simple.

HEARTS HAVE BEEN ENGAGED WITH SELF INTEREST FROM DAY 1!!!!

THE RECONSTRUCTION PROPOSALS WERE FUCKING SHITE AND WRITTEN UP BY A MORON WITH ONE THING IN MIND, SAVING HEARTS.

It still won't get through your head that Budge's proposals were absolute bollocks. Not once did the " failure of a club owner" pick up the phone and lobby the chair persons/CEOs she NEEDED to back her plan, listen to their issues and "improve" her plan. Speak to and convince these heads of clubs that her plan was solid, especially after the.shenanigans with Hearts, ICT and Rangers.

Now there has been debate on here. Looking at facts and seeing what could be done, looking at Gov responses etc. You have contributed like a "sound bite" politician, saying buzzwords but nothing substantial behind them. Give us the meat to your ideas.

I'll use the phrase again...shit or get off the pot! Put forward how what you say could be done or it will prove your devoid of ideas and repeating buzzwords with nothing to back it up.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Sees thread is 'HOT'.

Checks thread.

Sees trolling piece of shit is trolling.

Exits thread.

Wah! Wah!

Wah! Wah!

Wah! Wah!

Somebody phone this clown a wahmbulance!

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

I have it on good authority that Hearts will still be a championship club this time next week.year

FIFY

17 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I think you've been shouting unfair from the start so no need to change your record now.

A way could have been found? 

Can you actually engage your brain and answer the fecking questions that you've had weeks and weeks to think up answers for?

How? Give us a plan rather than just thickly and obtusely going "could have".

When? Give us your plan.

Please include your working including

Financially

Costs involved to all clubs

Payback to existing contracts

Payback to SKY for new contract starting late

Scot Gov saying GET TO f**k to Scottish football, including closed doors games as they said they didn't want folk piling round houses to watch it.

SPFL and SFA have been in constant contact with Scot Gov, updates are publicised.

UEFA deadlines

Euro games and the calendar

Ignoring England,Italy, Spain, Germany etc as they are completely irrelevant. Different legislatures, laws, infection rates etc.

The fact that Aberdeen have had a positive COVID test from a player

ST Mirren now have 7 backroom staff positive. With this news it's pretty unlikely players haven't caught it. Possible also that their opponents in friendlies may have caught it.

There is a lot more, but I'll keep it simple.

HEARTS HAVE BEEN ENGAGED WITH SELF INTEREST FROM DAY 1!!!!

THE RECONSTRUCTION PROPOSALS WERE FUCKING SHITE AND WRITTEN UP BY A MORON WITH ONE THING IN MIND, SAVING HEARTS.

It still won't get through your head that Budge's proposals were absolute bollocks. Not once did the " failure of a club owner" pick up the phone and lobby the chair persons/CEOs she NEEDED to back her plan, listen to their issues and "improve" her plan. Speak to and convince these heads of clubs that her plan was solid, especially after the.shenanigans with Hearts, ICT and Rangers.

Now there has been debate on here. Looking at facts and seeing what could be done, looking at Gov responses etc. You have contributed like a "sound bite" politician, saying buzzwords but nothing substantial behind them. Give us the meat to your ideas.

I'll use the phrase again...shit or get off the pot! Put forward how what you say could be done or it will prove your devoid of ideas and repeating buzzwords with nothing to back it up.

Good grief.

So that's a no -  the play-offs couldn't have been played either? For what reason again... must have missed it in your rant there?

The reconstruction proposal voted on was Livingston FC's proposal by the way. It was a perfectly reasonable solution that took the "do no harm" approach for finding a solution to this whole mess. You might change your view on reconstruction soon 😅

14 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Wah! Wah!

Wah! Wah!

Wah! Wah!

Somebody phone this clown a wahmbulance!

Derek McInnes, Les Gray, D Utd's new manager, John Collins, head of the SFA, numerous other clubs around the world, most sane people - just a few of the non Hearts/PT fans to think and voice that this was the most unfair way to go about things form the options available.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Derek McInnes, Les Gray, D Utd's new manager, John Collins, head of the SFA, numerous other clubs around the world, most sane people - just a few of the non Hearts/PT fans to think and voice that this was the most unfair way to go about things form the options available.
Serious question...does all this endless repetition make you feel any better about it ?

30 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Hundreds of posts greeting about the unfairness of positions standing before the games have been finished. But Europe? f**k it, just call it early. What’s that got to do with Hearts eh.

The ones that benefit the famous obviously!!!!

Just admit it, it was simply wrong to relegate teams in this situation while arbitrarily allowing teams like Hamilton to escape a playoff that could be getting played right now. Both Hearts and PT had every chance of escaping relegation. We've seen in leagues aorund the world the last couple of months that 4 points is doable to make up.

That aside, we've been over this. Reconstruction significantly benefited all the teams in promotion positions and relegation positions plus a couple of lower league teams. It maintained the pyramid. It harmed no-one unnecessarily. It would have saved all the legal hassle and uncertainty. Christ, if Hearts and PT win this what happens then? What about any compensation even if Hearts/PT get relegated? It was always the best solution.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Good grief.

So that's a no -  the play-offs couldn't have been played either? For what reason again... must have missed it in your rant there?

The reconstruction proposal voted on was Livingston FC's proposal by the way. It was a perfectly reasonable solution that took the "do no harm" approach for finding a solution to this whole mess. You might change your view on reconstruction soon 😅

No I won't.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question, you've spent weeks and weeks not answering questions. 

Frustrating isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Serious question...does all this endless repetition make you feel any better about it ?

Why are folk asking me questions then?

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Why are folk asking me questions then?

Waiting on you answering them. Still haven't.

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

No I won't.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question, you've spent weeks and weeks not answering questions. 

Frustrating isn't it?

I've literally given my position very clearly.

1. Keep open the option to play to a finish for as long as possible

2. Reconstruct

3. Null and void

4. What they did - call league early and relegate teams despite having a responsibility not to harm member clubs

No, I'm not going to develop an entire plan for you. That's what Doncaster is paid for. Why not just look at what other leagues did. Generally all countries have been following similar strategies and protocols throughout the pandemic.

Edited by 8GamesToGo