League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Why did police stop the stark park to tannidice walk?

The Dundee boys did it mainly on the back roads, maybe the Kirkcaldy lot wanted to do it on the shortest main road route and when the police said no they used it as an excuse to bottle out. Only thing I can think of

Bit of a tangent but would I be right in thinking the Dundee clubs are the top 2 in terms of the distance from the tunnel to half way line? United’s is further past the end of the pitch with Dundee’s in line with the goal line but much further back.

Only other I know that would be anywhere near is Raith.

Bit of a tangent but would I be right in thinking the Dundee clubs are the top 2 in terms of the distance from the tunnel to half way line? United’s is further past the end of the pitch with Dundee’s in line with the goal line but much further back.

The tunnel at East End Park is in the corner of the ground as well

49 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Thistle? Aberdeen?

Edited by cmontheloknow

16 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Was the school frequently near the bottom of the league tables?

16 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Aye, but it wasn't their fault.

Did the term finish early?

22 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm going off in a total tangent but...

That's the most pointless exercise in football. 

Queuing twice outside to get in. Inverness being the worst. The two queues are right beside each other! 😂

Foyle's bookshop in London could top that. To buy a book you took it to one counter where the guy gave you an invoice. You then went to a second counter to pay, then back to the first one to collect your now-bagged book when you handed back the invoice stamped to confirm you'd paid. Queueing three times when the shop was busy.

TBF that was about twenty years ago; think they've done away with that system now.

23 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Foyle's bookshop in London could top that. To buy a book you took it to one counter where the guy gave you an invoice. You then went to a second counter to pay, then back to the first one to collect your now-bagged book when you handed back the invoice stamped to confirm you'd paid. Queueing three times when the shop was busy.

TBF that was about twenty years ago; think they've done away with that system now.

I certainly never saw anything like that whenever I've been to Foyles, and my first time would have been circa 2005 or so.

27 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I'm old enough to remember that, some right snooty staff too.

On 16/07/2020 at 19:19, welshbairn said:

I'm just waiting for @Jimmy Shaker to finish his Highland League All-Time Table (1893-2020) on Fitbanorth to put Clachnacuddin* on the level they deserve. Not enough mention of the Stirlingshire and Challenge Cups here too re Falkirk. 

Hide contents

No, their financial embarrassments were nothing like Sevco and they aren't a new club.

I've got all of Clach's results in, from their founding in 1990 to present. 

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

I certainly never saw anything like that whenever I've been to Foyles, and my first time would have been circa 2005 or so.

I suspect they scrapped that when the owner died. Her Wikipedia entry paints her as an evil Tory bitch (and confirms what I said about the purchase system).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Foyle

It does seem like a very illogical hatred.
It reminds me of Chris Sutton branding Dunfermline cheats for ‘lying down’ to Rangers but he overlooked the fact that Celtic missed a penalty during their match at Kilmarnock.
The difference is St.Mirren were a decent team that year until the final game.