League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't forget the plaque!

Aye, they're sure lucky Budge came along and definitely didn't make them tinpot as f**k.

Half built stand, no hospitality suite, tunnel doesnt even line up with the halfway line. One of the most iconic stands in the country now looks like this...

1059431084_image(2).jpg.997713ce5b959f9d247c77bae9c559ee.jpg

And then wedged this awful thing on the side of it...

6E1E1A30-5E6B-49A9-8640-EF45350A40C1.jpeg.d85022b9a7fe5886e977b3020cf02395.thumb.jpeg.d6e1955a9a5ea483396fbd624bc53c0c.jpeg

:lol: 

How to ruin the best stadium in the country in one fell swoop. Sums her up that she needed to have her name above the original plaque.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

All the more sides for the Old Firm, amirite? 

Real talk, though: I'd not seen that stand design before. That's GOT to be a mistake. Why would they do that?

Same mob forgot to order seats.  They're not very good at many, many things.  

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, they're sure lucky Budge came along and definitely didn't make them tinpot as f**k.

Half built stand, no hospitality suite, tunnel doesnt even line up with the halfway line. One of the most iconic stands in the country now looks like this...

6E1E1A30-5E6B-49A9-8640-EF45350A40C1.jpeg.d85022b9a7fe5886e977b3020cf02395.thumb.jpeg.d6e1955a9a5ea483396fbd624bc53c0c.jpeg

How to ruin the best stadium in the country in one fell swoop. Sums her up that she needed to have her name above the original plaque.

That plaque is just so tacky and cheap looking. Cultural vandalism. 

Note that Budge is the only one with her forename noted.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That plaque is just so tacky and cheap looking. Cultural vandalism. 

Note that Budge is the only one with her forename noted.

Its a disgrace they claim they didnt preserve any of the old surround.

Used to be a beauty...

tynecastle-stadium-main-stand-hearts-of-midlothian-fc-tynecastle-stadium-J3HY1D.thumb.jpg.50e77b614115416520a0e862289e77e6.jpg

... but obviously Budge couldn't wedge her name onto that anywhere, so its better to destroy it and use the rubble elsewhere.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Used to be a beauty...

tynecastle-stadium-main-stand-hearts-of-midlothian-fc-tynecastle-stadium-J3HY1D.thumb.jpg.50e77b614115416520a0e862289e77e6.jpg

... but obviously Budge couldn't wedge her name onto that anywhere, so its better to destroy it and use the rubble elsewhere.

Yup, the old one was great.

How that has been handled is very symbolic of the whole stand project.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Used to be a beauty...

You'd have thought they could have cut that out and re-fixed it on the new facade, I'm sure there are conservation contractors competent in that sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You'd have thought they could have cut that out and re-fixed it on the new facade, I'm sure there are conservation contractors competent in that sort of thing.

Of course they couldve.

But the job had to go to her brother in law (so competent the build date, and cost, doubled and still hasn't been finished), and she needed her name somewhere.

55 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Seriously?

Of all the things that would move me to do a sponsored walk. Paying for a legal team to represent a limited company, voluntarily  taking part in a court action would be fairly low on the priority list.

They are deluded.

^^^wouldn't walk to the corner shop for a pint of milk.

Tunnels lining up with the halfway line should be one of the main criteria for Premiership eligibility.

I'd also throw in no stands with pillars, grass pitches only, no grounds that aren't 4 sided, and no grounds with shite legroom.

33 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

All the more sides for the Old Firm, amirite?

FFS I've just realised that list of criteria doesn't eradicate st mirren.  

I've always said we should have stuck with the 10,000 seat rule ...

:whistle

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

He's right you know, this is fucking disgusting

IMG_1073.JPG.2f25c1fc6e43015d5fbc8682eee8f4fe.JPG

Never mind the 10,000 seat rule. Tunnels lining up with the halfway line should be one of the main criteria for Premiership eligibility.

I'd also throw in no stands with pillars, grass pitches only, no grounds that aren't 4 sided, and no grounds with shite legroom.

If you take into account that the ET end has no grass from around late October onwards, you could basically just put up a sign with a picture of Tannadice with the caption "Not This"

Going against the grain here, but I think Hearts' new stand completes the ground really well from inside the stadium. 

Yes it looks a bit shite from the outside, and the tunnel being in the wrong place looks to be a big f**k up, but it's a massive improvement on what was there before.

I've never sat in the new one, or seen how badly finished it is inside, but certainly from the away end Tynecastle looks great now, and is probably the best ground in the country for an away supporter to visit, even if the facilities are poor.

Look forward to going back there in a few years.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Tunnels lining up with the halfway line should be one of the main criteria for Premiership eligibility.

FFS I've just realised that list of criteria doesn't eradicate st mirren.  

I've always said we should have stuck with the 10,000 seat rule ...

:whistle

Premiership stadiums shouldn't have you needed to go to a booth to collect tickets before entry.

Should be cash at the gate, or e-tickets.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They could've burned their names in with fag ends and it would've looked better.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Premiership stadiums shouldn't have you needed to go to a booth to collect tickets before entry.

Should be cash at the gate, or e-tickets.

Good point, should be making it easier for people to go to games.

Right, is it just us that's left or do we need to throw in a couple more?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

He's right you know, this is fucking disgusting

IMG_1073.JPG.2f25c1fc6e43015d5fbc8682eee8f4fe.JPG

Never mind the 10,000 seat rule. Tunnels lining up with the halfway line should be one of the main criteria for Premiership eligibility.

Its actually because one half* of the pitch is bigger than the other. Half time they'll get the groundsman out to the mark the lines to the other side of the tunnel when the refs arent looking.

So Neilson can say his team have had more of the ball in the oppositions half.

More genius from Budge.

330304458_tenor(18).gif.7e383ca384dadba29668ffb77f68bd1e.gif

*I'm aware that one half being bigger than the other means its not strictly a "half".

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They could've burned their names in with fag ends and it would've looked better.

That's an absolute abomination compared to how it looked before her Hibby brother set about it with a pneumatic drill.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Seriously?

Of all the things that would move me to do a sponsored walk. Paying for a legal team to represent a limited company, voluntarily  taking part in a court action would be fairly low on the priority list.

They are deluded.

Fucking hell. Is this a wind up? Think that’s pretty harsh tbh.

They’d set the target at £1,000, and just wanted to do something to help the club they love a bit with the fees, with an added bonus of highlighting Hearts’ shitehousery for what it is. It’s not their fault that they have raised nearly £45,000.

I would assume that your reasoning is that the funds could be used for something else more worthwhile?

For them, this is worthwhile, and given that over 2100 people have donated to their cause so far, whilst Bonny Prince Red Dot agrees with you, should tell you all you need to know.

Well done and good on them!

2 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Fucking hell. Is this a wind up? Think that’s pretty harsh tbh.

They’d set the target at £1,000, and just wanted to do something to help the club they love a bit with the fees, with an added bonus of highlighting Hearts’ shitehousery for what it is. It’s not their fault that they have raised nearly £45,000.

I would assume that your reasoning is that the funds could be used for something else more worthwhile?

For them, this is worthwhile, and given that over 2100 people have donated to their cause so far, whilst Bonny Prince Red Dot agrees with you, should tell you all you need to know.

Well done and good on them!

As long as they don't use the money on a cruise or rewiring their second home, it shouldn't be an issue.