League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

No, she's saying she won't pay them, and any player that doesn't like it can **** off - a message I wholeheartedly endorse. 

I get the ruthlessness, but the Hibby in me senses a touch of desperation in there.

32 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I get the ruthlessness, but the Hibby in me senses a touch of desperation in there.

All clubs are desperate right now m8, there is a global pandemic on. No revenue streams is the issue.

Anyway forgive me if I have absolutely zero sympathy for a group of players who have already been paid several times their worth for the 'effort' they've put in this season and last. Complete charlatans who have to go down collectively as the worst Hearts squad of my lifetime by a considerable distance. If there was a clause in their contracts forcing them to clear landmines in Angola I'd be delighted. 

You'd have thought the relegation party would have taught them.

Granted,  Dempster has played Budge like a fiddle, but Hibs will pull something Hibs out the fire for us.

Said it before, will say it again.....Laugh now, pay later. 

On 23/04/2020 at 16:21, craigkillie said:

If it goes far enough into the end of next year without being able to resume things then I wonder if the SPFL will seriously have to consider just binning off next season completely and planning to start with the current league line-up in 2021/22, then have some sort of one-off "SPFL Special Competition" to fill the gap between us getting the green light to play again and July 2021.

You could maybe play some initial group stages (eg 7 groups of 6) and then use those to divide teams into a set of final group stages to finish off the competition. The final standings would be used to dish out prize money and European places, but wouldn't have any impact on promotion or relegation. No idea if that is feasible, but it would solve a few problems.

Think Women's Football in England did this when they changed from Summer to Winter football last season.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

He's not wrong.

I've said that this is absolutely the wrong time for reconstruction as many clubs will be negotiating from positions of weakness and thus far more liable to cave in to or accept shit reconstruction for a short term gain, or even to see their club survive. In addition there will be a few clubs still reeling from the perceived unfairness and they may demand some things as a measure of compensation, or agree to back some daft things for that reason. Add to this that clubs in a better position, like Celtic, will have an increased measure of power due to their stability. This could mean them pushing for such utter shit like 'colt' teams as part of the deal, and desperate clubs may have no choice but to agree.

Reconstruction talks need to happen when clubs are stable and not just thinking about how they can remain a going concern. This is the absolute worst time for such discussion.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He's not wrong.

I've said that this is absolutely the wrong time for reconstruction as many clubs will be negotiating from positions of weakness and thus far more liable to cave in to or accept shit reconstruction for a short term gain, or even to see their club survive. In addition there will be a few clubs still reeling from the perceived unfairness and they may demand some things as a measure of compensation, or agree to back some daft things for that reason. Add to this that clubs in a better position, like Celtic, will have an increased measure of power due to their stability. This could mean them pushing for such utter shit like 'colt' teams as part of the deal, and desperate clubs may have no choice but to agree.

Reconstruction talks need to happen when clubs are stable and not just thinking about how they can remain a going concern. This is the absolute worst time for such discussion.

Totally agree.

Cormack at Aberdeen keeps saying the same aswell ‘ during a crisis is not the time for this,  have to concentrate on survival first’

I can’t see the premier league being reconstructed.  I’d doubt any team in the top division would actually go bust.  It may well happen in the lower leagues that might necessitate reconstruction.

I think the better idea is to do next season what so many relegated teams crave for currently.  No relegations regardless of reconstruction.  Sure it would be a dead rubber season.  But we may not even get as much as 30 games next season and god knows what kind of crowds will be allowed.

Also any notion that the current vote in the premier league will change from 10-2 is pie in the sky.  The arsecheecks will never ever allow that.  That would mean clubs could rule not to schedule lucrative friendlies in the season and they two just love to bounce off to America or Australia to make a decent wedge while interrupting other teams in the league.

6 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I can’t see the premier league being reconstructed.  I’d doubt any team in the top division would actually go bust.  It may well happen in the lower leagues that might necessitate reconstruction.

I think the better idea is to do next season what so many relegated teams crave for currently.  No relegations regardless of reconstruction.  Sure it would be a dead rubber season.  But we may not even get as much as 30 games next season and god knows what kind of crowds will be allowed.

Also any notion that the current vote in the premier league will change from 10-2 is pie in the sky.  The arsecheecks will never ever allow that.  That would mean clubs could rule not to schedule lucrative friendlies in the season and they two just love to bounce off to America or Australia to make a decent wedge while interrupting other teams in the league.

I can't see this being the case mate.

Even when games start up again, the social distancing measures and general anxiety of people will mean crowds take a massive hit.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092855

Seems to be an article where they talk to people who were around during the smaller/larger top division days, and why it got changed from that.

It's one of articles those which says a lot but doesn't really manage to say that much, Sevco were evil back in the 60s, meaningless games in an 18 team league etc.

Does a smaller league really make evert game thrilling or would a larger league encourage teams to play football/bring through more youngsters?

Would a trial period (minimum of 3 years) for a larger league really be that big an ask or do we keep the gravy train for the 12....

Dumbarton and Stranraer would have the disadvantage of having NO players on their books after June and with very little cash to sign a new squad in January
[/quote

It might not be a disadvantage.
The Stenhousemuir chairman was on Sportsound saying they had signed 9 players on contract for next season. Now that’s ok just now as they are furloughed, but that’s not going to last. So how do they pay them if they have no games until maybe the end of this year or even next year?
Could be more teams in the same situation.

24 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

The last ‘arsecheecks’ to do vote against this was us and Aberdeen. I dont agree with the current set up but I think Aberdeen/Milne have as much blame for this.

As for the friendly thing, as the start of the league was changed at short notice they facilitated already arranged friendlies/tourneys for the next two seasons to be played, its now no longer allowed.