League Reconstruction 20/21 season

48 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-update

Anne already budgeting for the championship.  I suppose you can add the first team to the long line of creditors you’ve bumped.

That's some statement, take a pay cut or don't get paid at all. Glad most other clubs are still paying their employees in full.

Perhaps Budge could use some of her millions to tide things over?

Edited by Hendo

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That's some statement, take a pay cut or don't get paid at all. Glad most other clubs are still paying their employees in full.

She claiming they've got hundreds of thousands of supporters?! Maybe they could chip in a few quid each.

Hundreds of thousands 😂

She claiming they've got hundreds of thousands of supporters?! Maybe they could chip in a few quid each.

Hundreds of thousands [emoji23]

Based on the numbers who turned up for cup parades it’s accurate. Of course the vast majority of them would never have contributed to the business, but in a pr statement it’s not a surprising claim.

Edit: also it’s certainly possible they could have sold 100,000 tickets to the 2012 cup final.

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I'm not sure why this is sad, or why the people involved are fuds.

This is exactly the dilemma I have right now. I was going to buy a season ticket but now don't expect to get much or any value out of one. If that's the case and we don't get into football stadiums this year, it's a situation that would surely wipe out clubs left, right and centre.

Spending £400+ and getting nothing for it would be a stinger but 'pure supporting the club like' seems like something worth doing, rather than having no club to come back to.

Aberdeen have said season ticket holders will get Red TV to see the games if they are behind closed doors so still some value in buying it.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Aberdeen have said season ticket holders will get Red TV to see the games if they are behind closed doors so still some value in buying it.

I suspect that clubs will have to come up with something better than "give me £400 and if you cant get in, I will let you watch matches on the tv"

Not having a pop at you, but I think clubs need to have a proper think about this and the options for what things look like over the next year or so.

My opinion (worthless, i know) is that more clubs will go part time, more players will be served the same jobby sandwich that Budge is about to give hers. 

Even closed doors matches wont help most Scottish teams - if they can happen safely for players.

Oh, and the only bit I am 100% sure about is that Celtic will scoosh the treble next season as they have so much cash in the bank they can just light the cigars now.

58 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Intrigued to see how Hearts fans twist their owner, yet again, trying to publicly shame staff members into taking higher pay cuts than they need too, into some great act.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Intrigued to see how Hearts fans twist their owner, yet again, trying to publicly shame staff members into taking higher pay cuts than they need too, into some great act.

I'm more intrigued as to how you're going to twist the news coming from Holland 

1. So, you do agree that the last 8 games would have  been crucial to the final outcome. Good. Makes a change from St Mirren fans' usual mantra of "yous deserved it".
2. Squads change during the season -  signings throughout August and January and free agents at any time. Maybe even St Mirren did this?
Everyone wanted the remaining games to be played bud that has never been in question.

Relegating a team with any amount of games still to be played isn't fair.

Doesn't take away the fact if Hearts beat us in Paisley to go above us in the league Budge wouldn't be begging for temporary reconstruction.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What, in your wisdom, do you calculate is the correct amount of cut for first team players earning £150k - £300k pa from a business with almost zero income forecast over the next 6 months? Bearing in mind major holiday firms and airlines are already defaulting and looking for government bail-outs, major retailers have gone into admin and even councils FFS are making warning sounds about their position? Hey, maybe even the farming community is going to have to take measures.

13 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Everyone wanted the remaining games to be played bud that has never been in question.

Relegating a team with any amount of games still to be played isn't fair.

Doesn't take away the fact if Hearts beat us in Paisley to go above us in the league Budge wouldn't be begging for temporary reconstruction.

And that would have been wrong too.

9 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Those wacky Dutch just cancelling the league.  You couldn’t get a rizla paper between Ajax and AZ.  And the erste division is a minefield of playoffs.

They only cancelled their league  to troll hearts and sevco fans IMO...  great bunch of lads the Dutch