League Reconstruction 20/21 season

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No i think it was more to do with UEFA sabre rattling about not allowing leagues which finish early have their member clubs compete in Europe next season.

Now that position has been relaxed i imagine it will also be called sooner rather than later.

Im really interested as to how UEFA even think their competitions will run next season, half the leagues won't even be operating at all .

Belarus and the big 5 maybe 😀

13 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Im really interested as to how UEFA even think their competitions will run next season, half the leagues won't even be operating at all .

Belarus could be on a winner here, everybody else will be too scared to play them.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

We should get it out on on Sky Box Office. Could be the biggest earner in Scottish football in 2020. How much would you pay to watch it?

IPTV, same as everyone who will watch this fantasy "behind closed doors" league that some think is a business model...........

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

All UEFA would have to do then is get rid of Belarus and they would finally get their ultimate goal.

You know how Hearts fans get all huffy when being described as "mini-h**s" or whatever? The "everything needs to be changed to suit us cos we're special" bots on this board really aren't helping in this respect. Your team managed to sustain a  consistent level of shiteness which made Killie look like world-beaters for seven months. Deal with it, and move on. Not to mention down.

Been away from forums so this is possibly a repeat (rhetorical?) question but are fans ever consulted on the reconstruction plans? More generally what has been that last big issue in Scottish football where there was fan input?

From a Livi point of view I’m gutted we won’t get the chance to compete for a European spot. Beyond this season, whenever it ends, I’d like a bigger top league and binning the split. I see the official Livi position is still to have a split but I’d prefer just a straight Home and Away calendar. Only two OF games each per season would surely see the best of the rest getting much closer.

Edited by crispy

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

You know how Hearts fans get all huffy when being described as "mini-h**s" or whatever? The "everything needs to be changed to suit us cos we're special" bots on this board really aren't helping in this respect. Your team managed to sustain a  consistent level of shiteness which made Killie look like world-beaters for seven months. Deal with it, and move on. Not to mention down.

Cant believe Im sticking up for Hearts fans here but they aren't like that really In terms of entitlement, only that bumbling boot budge is. I think the vast majority of Hearts fans on here at least have accepted they probably deserve to go down but if they can fluke a reconstruction that involves staying up they will take it.
I appreciate Budge has lent significant sums of money but they overspend on the stand and the squad for the position they are in is absolutely chronic. I don't really know her business background but she certainly can’t run a club, she probably knows that too but she also entrusted the wrong people to do so such as Levein. 

Edited by gannonball

32 minutes ago, crispy said:

Been away from forums so this is possibly a repeat (rhetorical?) question but are fans ever consulted on the reconstruction plans? More generally what has been that last big issue in Scottish football where there was fan input?

The situation with Sevco is an obvious example.

Clubs were asked to vote on whether to admit them into the Championship or League Two, and I know a lot of clubs polled opinion with their fans before voting. Can only speak for St Johnstone but they 100% voted based on fan opinion.

I dont think fans will ever get to actually vote (and nor should they), but clubs do seem willing to be influenced by the fans to vote a certain way.

19 hours ago, Doctor said:

The sad thing about Scottish Football is there will be plenty of fuds who would happily buy a Season Ticket for a non existence season "cuz it pure supports the club like".

I'm not sure why this is sad, or why the people involved are fuds.

This is exactly the dilemma I have right now. I was going to buy a season ticket but now don't expect to get much or any value out of one. If that's the case and we don't get into football stadiums this year, it's a situation that would surely wipe out clubs left, right and centre.

Spending £400+ and getting nothing for it would be a stinger but 'pure supporting the club like' seems like something worth doing, rather than having no club to come back to.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Cant believe Im sticking up for Hearts fans here but they aren't like that really In terms of entitlement, only that bumbling boot budge is. I think the vast majority of Hearts fans on here at least have accepted they probably deserve to go down but if they can fluke a reconstruction that involves staying up they will take it.
I appreciate Budge has lent significant sums of money but they overspend on the stand and the squad for the position they are in is absolutely chronic. I don't really know her business background but she certainly can’t run a club, she probably knows that too but she also entrusted the wrong people to do so such as Levein. 

I haven't read all this thread, merely dipped into it now and again, and perhaps have just happened to notice some of the more unfortunate posts from Jambos. I lived in Edinburgh for more than 30 years, and generally didn't find them to be particularly entitled. Budge's antics are certainly losing them sympathy right now.

Edited by Bad Wolf

Seen some chat that all the SPFL are waiting for is written confirmation by UEFA they can close down and clubs can still qualify for their tournaments, and then theyll call the league.

UEFA confirmed it yesterday but havent yet sent out confirmation emails.

Scottish Government has already told the SPFL they cant host games until this season was due to be over, which is one of the criteria needed to be allowed to call it now.

Guest DAVIDB69
I'm not sure why this is sad, or why the people involved are fuds.
This is exactly the dilemma I have right now. I was going to buy a season ticket but now don't expect to get much or any value out of one. If that's the case and we don't get into football stadiums this year, it's a situation that would surely wipe out clubs left, right and centre.
Spending £400+ and getting nothing for it would be a stinger but 'pure supporting the club like' seems like something worth doing, rather than having no club to come back to.

That’s what the whole abandoning seasons is about money though because of the dire financial situation of Scottish football.

We are looking at next season for tv deals season ticket money etc.

Most sensible leagues are focused on this season and worried about next season if when it happens

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Most sensible leagues are focused on this season and worried about next season if when it happens

Is this where you compare Scottish football to English football?

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The situation with Sevco is an obvious example.

Clubs were asked to vote on whether to admit them into the Championship or League Two, and I know a lot of clubs polled opinion with their fans before voting. Can only speak for St Johnstone but they 100% voted based on fan opinion.

I dont think fans will ever get to actually vote (and nor should they), but clubs do seem willing to be influenced by the fans to vote a certain way.

If it wasn't for the fans then I have no doubt Sevco would have been placed in the top league.

20 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

That’s what the whole abandoning seasons is about money though because of the dire financial situation of Scottish football.

Well that and the global pandemic.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I don't think Pet Jeden got the memo.

We should get it out on on Sky Box Office. Could be the biggest earner in Scottish football in 2020. How much would you pay to watch it?

Alas I fear you’d be disappointed. If Budge didn’t think it’d be positive on the charity work she, Big Hearts etc are doing there’s no way the show would be happening. It’ll just be lame pr fluff, hey maybe the eccentric manager will swear a few times if they decide to clone the Graham Taylor documentary.

25 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

For sensible you mean rich from tv deals throwing money at them.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Please be under no illusion that both of these statements are anything other than absolutely correct and have very little overlap. 

Please be under no illusion that your statement is anything other than absolutely pretentious and  has very little logic

Edited by Pet Jeden