League Reconstruction 20/21 season

The spangle called Saughton Jambo on JKB has posted the following from Leslie Deans................🤣

"Leslie Deans has asked me to post his final comments on jkb due to the backlash and sustained criticism posted by fellow members when the information, received and posted in good faith, has turned out to be incorrect. This basically comes down to the underhand tactics adopted by chairman when saying they’ll act one way but in fact act the complete opposite. There is no legislation that covers this. We all have the clubs best interests at heart, yet some of the abuse levelled at certain posters has left a bad taste in the mouth when all one is trying to do is keep members informed of proceedings. As follows:-

I have reluctantly decided to refrain from making further detailed comment on Kickback about the ongoing litigation/arbitration. Certain posters clearly object to your posting my remarks and I regard their personal abuse as offensive. Whilst I understand their frustration that the anticipated reconstruction never got off the ground ,the information provided to me was passed on in good faith. I was not the only one taken aback by the news that only 16 out of 42 clubs supported this.
Like others of my generation, my mastery of technology is not the best so thank you for lodging my comments. I should also congratulate certain posters-- David McCaig, Footbalfirst, Ethan Hunt, Hibsarepants come to mind amongst others, -- who continue to offer incisive and insightful comment on complex issues
I stated publicly on BBC radio that I believed we had a good case. David Thomson QC explained clearly in his opinion on Patrick Thistle 's website that the motion of April 10 had failed. He was clear in his view of the Dundee vote.
Additionally the SPFL executive induced its members to vote in a certain way by virtue of its misrepresentation and withholding of relevant information in its advice paper of April 8.
What follows is whether Hearts and PT suffered unfair prejudice as defined in the Companies Act. I believe they did. To change the rules from a 38 to a 30 game season part way through is inherently unfair if it leads to relegation , as admitted by at least one SPFL director.
The prejudice is the major loss of income suffered by being in a lower and shortened league.
With unfair prejudice established I anticipate the tribunal should find in favour of Hearts and PT.
The tribunal should comprise 3 experienced independent lawyers and I have no qualms or concerns that we will get a fair hearing. Any manifest legal errors will mean it's referred back to Lord Clark.
Others have said, rightly in my opinion, that there will be bad blood between clubs going forward. I hope in the fullness of time others might recognise that we fought for what is right and if changes are then made as a result , there could be a major benefit to football as a whole."

Had a look into JKB for the first time there, it reminded me of glancing in at the Bears Den, on the one page I looked at the were celebrating the demise of Dundee, accusing United's owner Mark Ogren of money laundering, predicting a Dundee/Dundee United merger, pointing and laughing at Raith Rovers, lauding Leslie Deans' rambling pish, and threatening all the clubs in the Championship that they won't be visiting their grounds thus they'll go bankrupt.

All the while celebrating the good sense of their close friends Patrick Thistle (copyright Tom English), the same Thistle which applied fine judgement to navigate itself from the Premiership into League One between 2018-2020.

The spangle called Saughton Jambo on JKB has posted the following from Leslie Deans................🤣
"Leslie Deans has asked me to post his final comments on jkb due to the backlash and sustained criticism posted by fellow members when the information, received and posted in good faith, has turned out to be incorrect. This basically comes down to the underhand tactics adopted by chairman when saying they’ll act one way but in fact act the complete opposite. There is no legislation that covers this. We all have the clubs best interests at heart, yet some of the abuse levelled at certain posters has left a bad taste in the mouth when all one is trying to do is keep members informed of proceedings. As follows:-

I have reluctantly decided to refrain from making further detailed comment on Kickback about the ongoing litigation/arbitration. Certain posters clearly object to your posting my remarks and I regard their personal abuse as offensive. Whilst I understand their frustration that the anticipated reconstruction never got off the ground ,the information provided to me was passed on in good faith. I was not the only one taken aback by the news that only 16 out of 42 clubs supported this.
Like others of my generation, my mastery of technology is not the best so thank you for lodging my comments. I should also congratulate certain posters-- David McCaig, Footbalfirst, Ethan Hunt, Hibsarepants come to mind amongst others, -- who continue to offer incisive and insightful comment on complex issues
I stated publicly on BBC radio that I believed we had a good case. David Thomson QC explained clearly in his opinion on Patrick Thistle 's website that the motion of April 10 had failed. He was clear in his view of the Dundee vote.
Additionally the SPFL executive induced its members to vote in a certain way by virtue of its misrepresentation and withholding of relevant information in its advice paper of April 8.
What follows is whether Hearts and PT suffered unfair prejudice as defined in the Companies Act. I believe they did. To change the rules from a 38 to a 30 game season part way through is inherently unfair if it leads to relegation , as admitted by at least one SPFL director.
The prejudice is the major loss of income suffered by being in a lower and shortened league.
With unfair prejudice established I anticipate the tribunal should find in favour of Hearts and PT.
The tribunal should comprise 3 experienced independent lawyers and I have no qualms or concerns that we will get a fair hearing. Any manifest legal errors will mean it's referred back to Lord Clark.
Others have said, rightly in my opinion, that there will be bad blood between clubs going forward. I hope in the fullness of time others might recognise that we fought for what is right and if changes are then made as a result , there could be a major benefit to football as a whole."
Maybe he's still shell-shocked from the Somme.

4 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

A big thanks to Ethan Hunt.  Mission impossible.  Even Tom Cruise would sidestep this mission. 

All I heard was "ethan hunt is a total c**t"

hanna barbera lol GIF

Edited by Green Day

11 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Sounds pretty open and shut when you put it like that. Can't imagine what kind of defence there could possibly be...

Guest 8GamesToGo

Les Deans is not helping (or hindering mind you - doubt it will influence the panel) Hearts IMO simply because the papers report whatever it is he talks about (I don't understand most of it) like he's some sort of rep of Hearts. He's just a fan spouting shit like everyone else basically. The papers may as well reprint the comments on this board for a view.

Guest 8GamesToGo
13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Had a look into JKB for the first time there, it reminded me of glancing in at the Bears Den, on the one page I looked at the were celebrating the demise of Dundee, accusing United's owner Mark Ogren of money laundering, predicting a Dundee/Dundee United merger, pointing and laughing at Raith Rovers, lauding Leslie Deans' rambling pish, and threatening all the clubs in the Championship that they won't be visiting their grounds thus they'll go bankrupt.

All the while celebrating the good sense of their close friends Patrick Thistle (copyright Tom English), the same Thistle which applied fine judgement to navigate itself from the Premiership into League One between 2018-2020.

I used to go on JKB a fair bit during the Romanov years until it became obvious at least half the posters were Hibs fans on the wind-up  probably including Hibs fan pals who banged on about kickback all the time. There was one, not a pal I hope, who took it to another level. Looking at that summary though it looks like it's time to head back. Some good stuff there.

Guest 8GamesToGo

Belgium court just overturned relegation and no titles awarded. Reconstruction could be on for them as a result potentially? Not sure how this affects us as arbitration isn't the same type of court but it can't do much harm to Hearts and PT's case. Get reconstruction done now and put all this to bed FFS.

13 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Belgium court just overturned relegation and no titles awarded. Reconstruction could be on for them as a result potentially? Not sure how this affects us as arbitration isn't the same type of court but it can't do much harm to Hearts and PT's case. Get reconstruction done now and put all this to bed FFS.

The Belgian league didnt vote on reconstruction, and simply denied clubs appeals to put it to a vote, a direct breach of their own rules.

It's not the same.

They also agreed to play a relegation play off for the team second bottom, but just relegate the bottom side outright.

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

If the arbitration panel was to base their decision on a league that has feck all to do with Scottish football it would be a major dereliction of their job at hand. Complete irrelevance.