League Reconstruction 20/21 season

17 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The fact is the Scottish Government has allowed professional sport to take place since June 22nd. If the SPFL had held off clubs could have prepared safety protocols etc and have been ready to restart, just as many leagues around the world did. The SPFL chose the wrong course of action and now they're facing the consequences of that. To blame Hearts and Thistle for just doing what clubs in France, Belgium and Holland have done is ridiculous.

Contact training was allowed, not even bounce matches. How long would you have allowed training and preseason games before matches to start in a safe and fair way, with radically changed squads since the season was curtailed due to Covid19? And in time to start 20/21 with barely any spare dates available to finish before the Euros? And how did that work out in France and Belgium? The result there was the same as it will be here, demotion and promotion is a football decision, you were bottom of the league when football was cancelled, there was a vote, and you're down. Plenty other organisations and people have suffered far worse from Covid19, you have burnt out any sympathy.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

"Professional sport" See below. No mention of tennis etc. The August start is down to the SPFL as per this article, not the Scottish gov. As I said, if they'd wanted to finish the league they could have prepared to do that when an announcement like this happened. Like other leagues did.

From The Scotsman, 18 June.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has revealed professional sport can resume on Monday, 22 June.

The confirmation arrived at an announcement of the easing of lockdown restrictions and the country moves into phase two.

Sturgeon outlined the “careful changes” the Scottish Government intend to make to the rules and guidance over the next three weeks.

While sport can resume it will have to do so without supporters.

“Professional sport can resume, although – since strict public health restrictions remain in place – this will only be behind closed doors,” Sturgeon said.

Scottish football fans witnessed the return of the English Premier League in front of empty stadia on Wednesday evening with the English Championship also resuming.

However, the game is not set to resume in Scotland until the start of August when the Scottish Premiership starts, with the rest of the leagues set to follow in October, as per the announcement from the SPFL.

It followed the failure of league reconstruction to gain enough support.

Non contact sport if you read properly and don’t select what suits you.  Last week was the first that contact was allowed in training.  No sure what you sport you think the SPFL should have restarted.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Contact training was allowed, not even bounce matches. How long would you have allowed training and preseason games before matches to start in a safe and fair way, with radically changed squads since the season was curtailed due to Covid19? And in time to start 20/21 with barely any spare dates available to finish before the Euros? And how did that work out in France and Belgium? The result there was the same as it will be here, demotion and promotion is a football decision, you were bottom of the league when football was cancelled, there was a vote, and you're down. Plenty other organisations and people have suffered far worse from Covid19, you have burnt out any sympathy.

No idea pal, but other leagues managed it. Even playing to a finish with minimal training would still be playing to a finish and all clubs would be in the same boat in terms of fitness and preparedness. 

The key thing is the SPFL never had any intention of even trying to play to a finish. And that's worth questioning.

Whoever this new account is, they really should just read through the most recent 300 odd pages of this thread rather than trotting out the same tired old "but, what if'.." scenarios as they've all been easily debunked already.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Bose said:

Non contact sport if you read properly and don’t select what suits you.  Last week was the first that contact was allowed in training.  No sure what you sport you think the SPFL should have restarted.

It doesn't say contact sport as far as I can see (could be wrong - maybe they clarified that later, I couldn't find anything). 

Anyhow, contact training has been allowed for a week or two right? So contact games could have started by now. As they have in many other leagues. Today is July 7. We could have finished the games starting last week or whenever contact training was allowed if you're right.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Scottish Government are only just allowing contact training. 

UEFA require Scotland's representatives by the end of this month.

Football will not kick off until at least 1 August.

This is not the EPL with its bottomless pit of monies. It's also a sad reality that the UK government wanted the EPL back to distract the masses from the crisis.

Does your single brain cell not compute that the leagues could not be finished?

This, this, absolutely this. The idiots that are still going on about how the season should have been finished on Sportsound in particular, are never brought to task about all of the points that you have made. The only way that the season could have been finished was by having no Scottish representatives in either of the European competitions in season 2020/21.

There was no other alternative.

Edited by kingjoey

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Whoever this new account is, they really should just read through the most recent 300 odd pages of this thread rather than trotting out the same tired old "but, what if'.." scenarios as they've all been easily debunked already.

I came on because Doncaster said yesterday we couldn't have played the league to a finish and I see people lapping that up like everything he says is true and not at all designed to cover his bad decision-making.

Professional sport was allowed from June 22 and contact training started end of June from what I can see. That means we had time to play the games.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

It doesn't say contact sport as far as I can see (could be wrong - maybe they clarified that later, I couldn't find anything). 

Anyhow, contact training has been allowed for a week or two right? So contact games could have started by now. As they have in many other leagues. Today is July 7. We could have finished the games starting last week or whenever contact training was allowed if you're right.

Okay I see it, you are a troll.  Either that or you’ve been reading JKB that long you believe the crap on there. Just reminded myself to think, Mark Twain, or might be George Carlin but I shouldn’t engage.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Premiership clubs still arent allowed to play friendlies against different clubs, as the government is not allowing contact games until August 1st.

This is really fucking simple.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I came on because Doncaster said yesterday we couldn't have played the league to a finish and I see people lapping that up like everything he says is true and not at all designed to cover his bad decision-making.

Professional sport was allowed from June 22 and contact training started end of June from what I can see. That means we had time to play the games.

Note to parents, don’t leave your device unlocked.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This, this, absolutely this. The idiots that are still going on about how the season should have been finished on Sportsound in particular, are never brought to task about all of the points that you have made. The only way that the season could have been finished was by having no Scottish representatives in either of the European competitions in season 2020/21.

There was no other alternative.

Contact training allowed end June. One month to finish with 2-3 games per week. Not doable how exactly?

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Premiership clubs still arent allowed to play friendlies against different clubs, as the government is not allowing contact games until August 1st.

This is really fucking simple.

What lobbying did clubs and the SPFL do to get that date moved forward to reflect what other countries have done. Oh none you say because they had already decided way back in  March instead of waiting to see how things panned out like every other country (except the ones that also went to court). Ok, then.

It is simple. The SPFL could have made finishing the league the top priority and acted accordingly, including being prepared to play at a couple of weeks notice and lobbying and keeping in close contact with the gov. They chose not to. We have every right to ask why.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Contact training allowed end June. One month to finish with 2-3 games per week. Not doable how exactly?

Because the Scottish government have told everyone that the earliest that football can be played in Scotland is 1st August, and even that is not guaranteed. So how could all the matches have been played between the 1st August, the first possible date for football, and the 3rd August, the date that UEFA need the names of our European representatives for the season 2020/21?

What lobbying did clubs and the SPFL do to get that date moved forward to reflect what other countries have done. Oh none you say because they had already decided way back in  March instead of waiting to see how things panned out like every other country (except the ones that also went to court). Ok, then.

What the f**k are you on about?

The Scottish Government decided on this "route map" months ago, and are refusing to deviate. The SPFL are currently fighting with them to get them to approve the August 1st start date, never mind any earlier.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No time for "preseason" training?

No time for clubs to sign an actual squad of players?

Just thrash out 8 games in 4 weeks lads. Plus a couple of semis and a final.

Why not playoffs too? More the merrier!

Sound.

Isn't that exactly what's been happening in other leagues? 

Would have expected a Falkirk fan to want the last 8 games to go ahead or at least look into the idea of doing that.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It is simple. The SPFL could have made finishing the league the top priority and acted accordingly, including being prepared to play at a couple of weeks notice and lobbying and keeping in close contact with the gov. They chose not to. We have every right to ask why.

Oops, I’ve realised that I’ve replied to one of these pop up Hearts fans that appear for a day then bugger off. I’m an idiot.

12 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Fuckin hell, not another one....

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

They must have a rota of "useful idiots" to keep regurgitating the same FACTS, fair play to them, that takes some dedication.