Jump to content
Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Time will tell, can’t get any worse than that already  attempted to be dispensed to us.

 

How do you like them apples fannybaws ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

 


Because pedantry is important

 

Accuracy is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Green Day said:

 

How do you like them apples fannybaws ?

Looking forward to you throwing us one of your famous “relegation” parties, the last one was spectacular 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Looking forward to you throwing us one of your famous “relegation” parties, the last one was spectacular 😉

This is the last one I attended - quite spectacular, as you say;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Hearts will come straight back up, sadly many Hearts supporters on kickback want to see as many clubs as possible go to the wall and see maximum damage to the Scottish game, which will also effect them in the long run. There are no winners here and the longer it drags on the worse it’s going to be for every club, including Hearts. And who ends up suffering, the average supporter who had no part of any decisions that were made. Those on kickback seem to again think they are going to receive millions in compensation or still be a top level club next season along with suggesting wrongdoing by individuals. I honestly feel they are in for a shock.

I think this is where the problem lies where people are taking what is said on kickback or twitter as gospel for the whole Hearts support. Absolutely no chance are the vast majority of people on kickback and twitter seriously wanting clubs to go to the wall, it's all for a reaction. Going by this thread it does seem to have worked tbf.

I'll happily spraff off some shite on here about how we're going to win millions from the SPFL and how the rest of Scottish football can crumble for all I care, when in reality and I'm chatting to pals that support Hearts or whoever else, the majority just want football to be back regardless of which league we're in. Even all of this chat about boycotting away games etc, I'll be fairly surprised if it comes to fruition in any real scale, I'm hardly going to turn down a game on my doorstep in Dundee after 6 months of no football because of a Rangers-esque boycott. Still looking forward to a hostile reception though, absolutely would not have it any other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to my scratcher now, getting bored with these JKB sockpuppet muppets - its like kicking a kitten, too easy and ultimately unsatisfying...................you just know it would be much better fun if you had a sack, brick and a canal nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Had the music stopped after 38 games you would be correct.

Surely this argument is dead, there’s no way the games could have been played...but do feel free to keep digging! 😂

F707FBA7-93D9-4D87-AD4A-0F5099050163.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Surely this argument is dead, there’s no way the games could have been played...but do feel free to keep digging! 😂

F707FBA7-93D9-4D87-AD4A-0F5099050163.gif

 

C9839F0A-FB93-4A2D-9657-E2A7A7E75FD9.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Off to my scratcher now, getting bored with these JKB sockpuppet muppets - its like kicking a kitten, too easy and ultimately unsatisfying...................you just know it would be much better fun if you had a sack, brick and a canal nearby.

42B2C158-00CA-40E8-9688-D3644BC3F55B.jpeg.6d0c46dd51db1c9260ecbc18130b8c08.jpeg
 

Night night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

 

C9839F0A-FB93-4A2D-9657-E2A7A7E75FD9.gif

Pot...Kettle...outdated racial remarks!

You’ve been on this forum for all of ten minutes and every post you’ve made has been debunked a thousand times in the nearly 700 pages prior to your arrival.

Try come up with something original and maybe I’ll care about your opinion, or what point you’re trying (read as failing) to make...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to have got such a warm welcome.

I was making the point that whilst multiple clubs are blaming each other -   “Doncaster, nobody seems to be laying the blame at his door yet the farcical resolution forced through by him and his SPFL Board is the reason Scottish Professional Football is in this mess. “

Wasn’t having a go at any other clubs specifically, don’t agree with most of the sentiment on JKB at present but can see how the strength of feeling there has got to this point.

The SPFL clubs pay ND in excess of £7k per week and should be expecting a whole lot more than he has delivered.

As for me making racial remarks? Not aware that I had and certainly never purposely did so.

Whatever the outcome of Arbitration the game as a whole has a very challenging period ahead as does the whole of society, how well and how quickly Scottish Football heals these wounds could prove critical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They could replace him with a never mind a clone and be in a much better place.
Craig Levein is doing f**k all at the moment, except boring us all to tears on the radio.

No wonder he is a Hearts legend, both the biggest bottlers in Scottish football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Glad to have got such a warm welcome.

I was making the point that whilst multiple clubs are blaming each other -   “Doncaster, nobody seems to be laying the blame at his door yet the farcical resolution forced through by him and his SPFL Board is the reason Scottish Professional Football is in this mess. “

Wasn’t having a go at any other clubs specifically, don’t agree with most of the sentiment on JKB at present but can see how the strength of feeling there has got to this point.

The SPFL clubs pay ND in excess of £7k per week and should be expecting a whole lot more than he has delivered.

As for me making racial remarks? Not aware that I had and certainly never purposely did so.

Whatever the outcome of Arbitration the game as a whole has a very challenging period ahead as does the whole of society, how well and how quickly Scottish Football heals these wounds could prove critical.

Neil Doncaster and the SPFL executive were under immense pressure to give clubs access to funding as early as possible (The SPFL executive's job is to enact the will of the clubs). The resolution was put forward as the optimal way of allowing clubs access to funds, preserving the new sky deal and giving clubs some short term clarity on how to run their business.

I'm sure mistakes were made along the way, something funny went on with Dundee (not necessarily wrongdoing, but it is certainly bizarre) and you won't hear me saying the SPFL are a benchmark of competence, but no informed person looks back now and says the decision to call the leagues was the wrong one.

I'm not sure Hearts argument is even that the league season shouldn't have been ended, just that they don't want relegation to be a part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Neil Doncaster and the SPFL executive were under immense pressure to give clubs access to funding as early as possible (The SPFL executive's job is to enact the will of the clubs). The resolution was put forward as the optimal way of allowing clubs access to funds, preserving the new sky deal and giving clubs some short term clarity on how to run their business.

I'm sure mistakes were made along the way, something funny went on with Dundee (not necessarily wrongdoing, but it is certainly bizarre) and you won't hear me saying the SPFL are a benchmark of competence, but no informed person looks back now and says the decision to call the leagues was the wrong one.

I'm not sure Hearts argument is even that the league season shouldn't have been ended, just that they don't want relegation to be a part of it.

It's cost us the best part if £10m to end the league by having to repay the tv companies and give sky loads if free games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

It's cost us the best part if £10m to end the league by having to repay the tv companies and give sky loads if free games. 

This argument only works if you can provide a solution that doesn't cost significant sums of money, or that the £10m you quote is the worst outcome.

Think about this now, don't just say we could've finished the leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

It's cost us the best part if £10m to end the league by having to repay the tv companies and give sky loads if free games. 

It hasn't. The figures were worked out earlier on in this thread and it is less than half of that. If the league hadn't finished, we would have been due Sky a very large amount due to the new contract starting this season not starting when it should and not having the games they should have had, potentially.

What free games do Sky have? If you mean the BCD games wouldn't they have negotiated the same type of deal if the leagues had some how been able to finish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

It's cost us the best part if £10m to end the league by having to repay the tv companies and give sky loads if free games. 

That is an interesting assertion, I am sure that you have the calculations to hand in order to back that up.

Even just a picture of the fag packet will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This argument only works if you can provide a solution that doesn't cost significant sums of money, or that the £10m you quote is the worst outcome.

Think about this now, don't just say we could've finished the leagues.

They called the league far too early, stupidly quick. As far as I'm aware didn't make people aware of the potential costs of doing so, had they of done maybe they would've waited longer and weighed the cost up against just playing the games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Green Day said:

That is an interesting assertion, I am sure that you have the calculations to hand in order to back that up.

Even just a picture of the fag packet will do.

I like you better when you post shan patter about drowning kittens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...