League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

And the alternatives?

Pay out the cash based on positions as they stood ? St Johnstone could have argued that they only needed one match to overhaul Hibs position etc etc etc all the way down - frankly I think we would still have been arguing.

And even if we had decided on that particular shitfest, which clubs would be in the pot for next seasons fixtures, would we again be asking if Hearts should be relegated? Given that................despite your valiant efforts, playing professional sport is currently not allowed and might be back for the beginning of August, how could fixtures be determined for the new - more lucrative - Sky deal without Premiership fixtures?

No being funny mate, but you need to stop believing in Unicorns.

Doncaster and the SPFL board have not handled this fantastically, but tbf they were handed a large and dribbly jobby at the beginning of the pandemic and I am unclear that any of the "solutions" put forward would have us in a better place.

If you dont have cogent arguments, you might as well log back on to JKB.

This ^^^^^

Aberdeen for example were only one point behind Motherwell, they therefore gave up on a potential £250k prize money, or if you've got a Farce of Midlothian mindset £600k for missing out on 2nd.  (Make no bones about it, we need all the money we can get)!

Livi, St Johnstone, Hibs and Kilmarnock all gave up on prize money and possible European football.

That pattern of teams potentially losing out, is repeated throughout the leagues, but to hear some people, you'd think they all made their decisions to end the leagues (not out of necessity) but out of greed, avarice and malice.

The way they tell it, you'd think Hearts bear the stigmata, but the reality is, they were just shyte at football.

But as our Lord and Saviour famously said atop the 'Hill of Broad'...   GET DOON AND BIDE DOON!

Yours, here endeth the lesson.

aDONis

I wonder if the arbitration panel will decide on an appropriate punishment for Hearts taking their petition to court, instead of straight to arbitration, or will that be a matter for the SFA to decide?

Edited by welshbairn

They called the league far too early, stupidly quick. As far as I'm aware didn't make people aware of the potential costs of doing so, had they of done maybe they would've waited longer and weighed the cost up against just playing the games. 
"just playing the games"

Fucking hell....

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If you thought the Falkirk fans had calmed down and accepted things, you were wrong.

Conspiracies, lies, fantasy, tears, hoping Raith die and suggestions of donating to the 'just cause' of Hearts and Partick all feature in their thread recently.

Just had a look at that... fucking hell.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I see the alter ego @BonniePrinceCharlieis out dotting early this morning - I have 3 reddies already and its not even 10am.

"Pwoud, vewy vewy pwoud"

By a bizarre coincidence the highly deluded Aylo vanal's drivel posts are being dotted with Greenies from the same source. 

It's cost us the best part if £10m to end the league by having to repay the tv companies and give sky loads if free games. 
And the new TV deal is worth c.30m a year over 5 years. If the league didn't/doesn't start at the beginning of August that's needing renegotiated. Sky have seen that BT were only willing to offer 17m a season for the same.

Sky's agreement re the missed games was for 2m to be paid back split over 5 years. This is why Doncaster correctly stated that Rangers figures were guff.

The clubs had an option to hope that Sky, a company duty bound to get the best deal possible for shareholders, didn't take advantage of known facts and cost the game potentially 65m if they went to the BT figure.

Trying to image the chaos of waiting to make a decision.

Right now we have 24 days until the August 1 deadline and we still haven't been given the all clear to play friendlies.

I mean, fucking hell, could you imagine the scenes?!

People say Hearts will come straight back up. Maybe, I'm not so sure. I'd say having seen both teams that they are pretty much on a par with Dundee United but don't have a Lawrence Shankland to dig them out of holes, win games out of nothing. Without Shankland I don't think Dundee United would have won promotion. (leave it Arabs)  will Hearts win it without a similar player. The likes of Dundee, and ICT thought they could just dug shite it back to the top division, but a team equiped to win games is a very different team from a team that will shithouse the bottom six.  Works both ways, when we won promotion with a free flowing attacking side, that was no way going to work in the Premier. 

Edited by Insaintee

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Sky were meant to have 48 games , folks on other sites say they have 61 as a settlement for the lost games last season. So 13 free games.

So the super duper sky contract which is what all this was about has actually been diluted.

Funnily enough sky have overloaded august with 13 games in what is a dead month now, as they won’t have any English football to show

This claim was debunked at the time as being down to a thick journalist failing to understand the actual nature of the agreement. What Sky agreed with the clubs was that they could show extra games at particular grounds, not extra games overall. The original deal was for 48 games, with exactly 4 games at each ground. The revised deal was still for 48 games, but allowed them to show more than 4 games at each ground.

They called the league far too early, stupidly quick. As far as I'm aware didn't make people aware of the potential costs of doing so, had they of done maybe they would've waited longer and weighed the cost up against just playing the games. 

The Scottish Government are only just allowing contact training. 

UEFA require Scotland's representatives by the end of this month.

Football will not kick off until at least 1 August.

This is not the EPL with its bottomless pit of monies. It's also a sad reality that the UK government wanted the EPL back to distract the masses from the crisis.

Does your single brain cell not compute that the leagues could not be finished?

Keeping the identity of these arbitrators confidential won't be easy. I seem to recall the Daily Sevcord unmasked the SFA panel that put a transfer ban of Sevco in 2012. Remember the roaster McCoist demanded to know the names so they could be intimidated by the People and they were same day. Hearts fans don't carry quite the same level of violent threat as the People albeit.

26 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

People say Hearts will come straight back up. Maybe, I'm not so sure. I'd say having seen both teams that they are pretty much on a par with Dundee United but don't have a Laurence Shankland to dig them out of holes, win games out of nothing. Without Shankland I don't think Dundee United would have won promotion. (leave it Arabs)  will Hearts win it without a similar player. The likes of Dundee, and ICT thought they could just dug shite it back to the top division, but a team equiped to win games is a very different team from a team that will shithouse the bottom six.  Works both ways, when we won promotion with a free flowing attacking side, that was no way going to work in the Premier. 

Aye, given Hearts finished 16 points behind Livi there's no reason to think getting ahead of Caley and Dundee will be easy, nor Ayr or Dunfermline come to that.

10 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Glad to have got such a warm welcome.

I was making the point that whilst multiple clubs are blaming each other -   “Doncaster, nobody seems to be laying the blame at his door yet the farcical resolution forced through by him and his SPFL Board is the reason Scottish Professional Football is in this mess. “

Wasn’t having a go at any other clubs specifically, don’t agree with most of the sentiment on JKB at present but can see how the strength of feeling there has got to this point.

The SPFL clubs pay ND in excess of £7k per week and should be expecting a whole lot more than he has delivered.

As for me making racial remarks? Not aware that I had and certainly never purposely did so.

Whatever the outcome of Arbitration the game as a whole has a very challenging period ahead as does the whole of society, how well and how quickly Scottish Football heals these wounds could prove critical.

Apologies. The guy in charge of rolling out the red carpet and dispensing chilled Sancerre is on furlough at the moment. As soon as the lockdown is lifted we’ll get cracking on the welcoming committee.

Why are Hearts fans so insistent that Doncaster is to blame? He put the resolution to a vote, and it was voted through by the majority of clubs, including Hearts! He and the board have only acted on the decisions of and in the best interests of all forty-two clubs, but because HoM have some siege mentality they think they’re being hard done by. If you’re so desperate for someone to blame maybe point the finger at “successful businesswoman” Ann Budge, who hired Levein as manager, let him spunk the third biggest bill in Scottish football on wasters, journeymen, and drama queens and then kept him in post while they played rank rotten? Then, when she finally realised he was useless, replaced him with Stendel,  who wasn’t much better. Due to poor management, your team pissed 8.5Million of Anderson’s money up the wall and managed to win four games all season. She managed to cock up building a new stand so spectacularly, and even managed to make sure her brother made a profit from it. Any other club doing that would be baying for blood, and yet your ragtag maroon army of self pitying moonhowlers are so blitheringly oblivious that Budge has you believing she’s doing a great job.

Using the argument for ‘strength of feeling’ won’t win you too much favour here either. Supporting a club is one thing, but some of the comments from Hearts fans making direct threats to fans, players and management of clubs who voted against reconstruction (because the proposed ideas were sh*te; not because of some anti-jambo conspiracy) is unjustifiable. I feel strongly about lots of things, but it doesn’t give me the excuse to be an ars*hole to everyone else because I have such strong feelings, nor does it make whatever I’m saying right!

Your last paragraph is the most sensible thing you’ve said since joining, and I agree. These divisions are going to take a lot of healing, but until Hearts as a club and as a fanbase accept that there’s no blame to apportion and that the rest of Scottish Football did nothing wrong then I’m afraid they’ll always end up as a bit of a pariah...not so dissimilar to Sevco.

Edited by JimmyMirren

11 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

That's a pity about Burrows, seems to be one of the more forward thinking leaders in our game and reasonable to boot. I dont blame him for chucking it though.

Ah, you read my post before I moved it to the Well thread?

Yeah, he's going great guns for us, and I'm rather glad he won't have the distraction in the future... when things were running relatively smoothly it felt like quite a 'feather in the cap' for our man to be on the board, but these days the game ain't worth the candle, just too much drama.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not been on here for ages, thought I'd pop in and when I do I see people claiming Bill Leckie is talking sense, that's more than enough for now.

I'm with you here.

I've seen some unnatural support for Donald Findlay, Chick Young etc so far, some of it justified mind you.

But Bill Leckie is a step too far for me. I won't have it. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm with you here.

I've seen some unnatural support for Donald Findlay, Chick Young etc so far, some of it justified mind you.

But Bill Leckie is a step too far for me. I won't have it. 

However his latest Sun piece does sum it all up rather nicely. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5777365/craig-gordon-hearts-relegation-row-bill-leckie/

A post from Bill Leckie.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

He’s (Craig Gordon) also bang on when he expresses his dismay that Scottish football hasn’t been able to sort itself out despite its problems not meaning a toss compared to what’s going on in the wider world.  Without wishing to pick an argument with one of the game’s good guys, though, I have to say that, if he’s searching for a reason why it’s all gone so pear-shaped, it’s right under his nose; right there in his boyhood club’s boardroom.  Hearts are the ones who finished bottom of the table despite spending top-three money on players.  Hearts are the ones who panicked and demanded those players take pay cuts before the government even had the chance to introduce the furlough scheme.  Hearts backed the wrong horse in the vote on ending the season early, then again on the vote calling for an independent probe into how that decision was reached.  A reconstruction plan that would have saved their bacon fell on its backside, even though their own sugar-mummy Ann Budge chaired the committee who came up with it.  They dragged United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers into their legal fight to have the final tables declared void, a situation that has left Raith fearing they’ll be unable to risk a six-figure legal bill and will simply be crossing their fingers that the decision goes their way.  As if this wasn’t heavy-handed enough, Budge then nicked Robbie Neilson from Tannadice as her new manager — a hefty investment which, along with the deal to bring Gordon in from Celtic, is an almighty boot in the stones for every employee forced into a drop in wages when Budge pleaded poverty.  I know Jambos fans will be sick of reading this, maybe even as sick as I am of writing it, but it has to be put on record that, despite dominating the headlines for pretty much all of these 115 locked-down days, their club have produced not one positive, winning idea.  Good God, even when the hugely-generous James Anderson offered a donation of millions to make sure no clubs went down the pan, all Budge had to do was introduce him to Neil Doncaster and let them shake hands, but even then she managed to turn it into a fight.  Like Rangers chairman Douglas Park before her, she’s read the room wrong time and again. She’s been fighting shadows, punching smoke.  Plus, when she and her lawyers were throwing their weight around by plunging the plans of the three lower league winners into disarray, why didn’t they have the courage to claim that Celtic shouldn’t have been named Premiership champions?  After all, if they’re actually saying relegation shouldn’t have counted, how can the title stand?Sorry, but there are more holes in Budge’s defence than . . . well, there were in her back four all last season, which really is saying something. And, for the umpteenth time, let me also say without fear of contradiction that, if they’d come off the bottom by winning at Paisley in the last, pivotal match before the shutters came down, we’d never have heard a peep from them.  So, sure, there will be bad blood whatever happens now. But it’s Hearts who spilled it.Sure, it’ll forever be a crying shame that they, Partick Thistle and Stranraer were condemned to the drop when they still had enough games left to save themselves.  But there are also countless businesses who might never open their doors again, tens of thousands of workers sweating over when they’ll earn a crust again.  All Hearts were asked to do was suck up some rank bad luck and agree to kick a ball around in a different division come August — a division they’d be odds-on favourites to win.  Whatever happens next in this sorry, sordid saga, the fact that they preferred to cause chaos for everyone else around them will stain those famous maroon shirts for a long time to come." https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...w-bill-leckie/