League Reconstruction 20/21 season

40 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Thats been obvious for some days mate, and is why Dempster jumped to the "how do we keep football going" group immediately.

With all due respect to Leeann, that's the first time I have noticed such a well informed "insider" as Whitty come out with something quite as stark.

So what are we talking about here? Squads split into 3 or 4 training groups to avoid everybody being ruled out if one player tests positive? Crowds of a few hundred family members scattered around the stands? Online  PPV games between teams with flexible squads and guest players - sort of like the war time league? Ask a  relatively Corona-free country like New Zealand if they would host a travelling SPFL circus for a year? I know, I know - too silly.

On the plus side, it probably means that Neil Doncaster's bonus is fckd, along with his God - the TV deal. 

Edited by Pet Jeden

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Chris Whitty has just said he doesn’t expect social distancing restrictions  to be lifted within the year. There might be a miraculously fast development of a vaccine or he might be over-ruled by politicians on the economy v deaths argument. But failing that, our debate about league reconstruction looks somewhat irrelevant. Maybe let’s just see which clubs are still able to field teams in Autumn 2021?

I could give you quite a long list of things Chris Whitty has said over the last few weeks that have subsequently turned out to be shite. None of these so called experts have a clue what they are doing, they think by turning up at a press conference and say things like "follow the science" we will just shrug and accept they know what they're doing. Sadly, most people will.

27 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I could give you quite a long list of things Chris Whitty has said over the last few weeks that have subsequently turned out to be shite. None of these so called experts have a clue what they are doing, they think by turning up at a press conference and say things like "follow the science" we will just shrug and accept they know what they're doing. Sadly, most people will.

It's the politicians, not the scientists, that keep trotting out that line. 

Heard a rumour that 12-12-18 could be back on the cards with the 8-8-8 split in the top 2 divisions.

All other ideas have little chance of getting voted through by the premiership teams. Hearts may have to take relegation but this would give them the best or easiest way to get promoted next season.

Hello!

I am new to this forum so go easy! First things first I will set my stall out. I am a fan of The Rangers, Sevco or whatever else you wish to call the club that still resides at Ibrox. All said and done I like that team and have followed them due to my Dad taking me around when I was a kid in the 80's. He passed away suddenly recently and his funeral was yesterday. He was die hard. Personally, myself I couldn't care about the religion, politics, hatred or other associated noise around what I see as a game and entertainment. Especially now that we have far larger issues to deal with (More on that in a minute). My second team is Hibs (all my mums family are from Leith and I have been to see them loads and wanted them to win the 2016 Scottish Cup), I love my country and when pressed I would actually say I am a Scotland fan ABOVE all else. I love when we unite as a nation and put our differences to one side and get it together! I have seen them on the road with the Tartan Army loads. I took my Welsh girlfriend to Albania last year to see them and she loved it. When we stop squabbling we are a force to be reckoned with. 

So. Am here to say. Stop the league now. Give Celtic the title. They have plainly earned it, I was at Ibrox to see Hamilton beat Rangers 1-0. Nobody that night felt like Rangers would go on to win it. SO drop it. Deal out the coin, divvy up the money and let clubs pay the people who matter NOW. We don't need a backlog of fixtures. People can say it is tainted but if Liverpool find themselves in the same boat I say they deserve it too. 

League restructuring sounds good and I don't mind the split. I would be up for a playoff between the top 6 teams for the league and European places too. Hear me out those at the back. Am sick of the biggest clubs winning all the trophies. I wasn't even into 9 In a row. I want our teams doing well in European competition and by that feeding our national team. The big picture is that whilst say one year say Rangers might romp away and before the play offs be say 12 points ahead. The 6 placed team might be 20 points behind but beat them and them we'd get for arguments sake as Kilmarnock winning a title. I would LOVE to see that. The club would get a run at the big coin (I know they'd probably get swatted out the Champions League) the 2nd place team (if co-efficents remain) would get in too the rest as it stands get into the Europa as whatever stages. That club gets exposure, their fans get a title, the players get boosted by the experience and the club can sign better players thereby giving the game a shot in the arm. 

I for one am sick of a two horse race! It needs to stop. We have a chance here to really make a change.  We have a chance to spread the wealth. We have the chance to stop the biggest teams winning everything. Our nation team would benefit, other fans get to enjoy the glory. I know Celtic and Rangers with their legions and big T.V. money help fund the league but surely it about time we looked at the health of the whole game and we started getting respected again on the continent and we all get to see our national team at a tournament again.

Thank you for reading.

Hope your all safe. 

Chris

Bat shit mental idea.

Free for all.   42 team league, everyone only place each team once.  Computer draw to get the fixtures.  All the gate money is added up and spread equally between all 42 clubs  bottom 2 clubs get relegated and HL & LL promoted.  1 season only. 

Then revert to what every league numbers.  16 12 12 or whatever on the league placings.

When do I get on the board of reconstruction?

I'm sure a  Rangera fan advocating a play off for the Title instead of a league season has absolutely nothing to do with the fact they cant keep up with Celtic over a league season.

Its absolutely, definitely, 100% to do with making it fair for the rest of Scottish football.

5 hours ago, ftk said:

Heard a rumour that 12-12-18 could be back on the cards with the 8-8-8 split in the top 2 divisions.

All other ideas have little chance of getting voted through by the premiership teams. Hearts may have to take relegation but this would give them the best or easiest way to get promoted next season.

The problem with that system was the middle 8 going back to 0 points at the merge point.

Also a team confirmed  in the bottom 4 playing a title contender just before the split would have no incentive to win as they would lose the points anyway.