League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Deferred wages still have to be paid at a later date though. Any team with substantial numbers of players on more than £2.5k per month (Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs) need to get wages cut, not just deferred. This is one thing that Ann Budge was/is absolutely spot-on with.

Totally agree. Deferring makes little difference in this unique situation.

4 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

He’s only saying what most people are thinking, that many are in it for themselves and the top division teams don’t care about L1 and L2 at all.

The top teams should have a different agenda from the part time teams though, as they are completely different businesses. TV contracts, European football, large wage bills etc are not a factor in the lower leagues. Most part time players have a main job and the football is a secondary job/ hobby.

He talks about addressing other issues for reconstruction, not just the pandemic problems, but is the middle of a crisis really the time for it? Not for me. Concentrate on survival and reconvene couple of years after once the dust has settled if there’s a big backing for restructuring then.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay. You’ve forced me into it...

Number of times St Mirren have gone into administration because they've taken tough decisions to bring in cash? Oh, that would be zero.

Plus this:

On 21/04/2020 at 09:55, Ric said:

Imagine blaming a team you weren't playing for your loss against a team you were, while forgetting you were pumped by that first team earlier in the season. Not just that, but to hold onto that bitterness for nigh on 40 years? :lol:

On 21/04/2020 at 09:55, Ric said:

Imagine blaming a team you weren't playing for your loss against a team you were, while forgetting you were pumped by that first team earlier in the season. Not just that, but to hold onto that bitterness for nigh on 40 years? :lol:

Ach , over it. That was 34 years, 11 months ,11 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes ago. Who's counting?

But still....

St Mirren.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Ach , over it. That was 34 years, 11 months ,11 days, 4 hours and 2 minutes ago. Who's counting?

But still....

As I say, Hearts certainly beat us in administrations. So you've got that to hold onto!

Budge may decide to take the relegation and expected next year promotion as a short term pain for longer term gain rather than be stuck with a ‘permanent’ reconstruction that she doesn’t want. 

19 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Not particularly surprised to see some lower league clubs trying to push their leverage right now. Fair play I suppose. A slightly more equitable spread of the prize money wouldn't be a bad thing. 

^^^Vote for me and I'll set you free!

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Budge may decide to take the relegation and expected next year promotion as a short term pain for longer term gain rather than be stuck with a ‘permanent’ reconstruction that she doesn’t want. 

And such a supposedly astute business person is truly expecting all the other clubs to fall in kine and accept a temporary reconstruction JUST so Hearts can be saved and sod the rest of you?  Really!

Chris Whitty has just said he doesn’t expect social distancing restrictions  to be lifted within the year. There might be a miraculously fast development of a vaccine or he might be over-ruled by politicians on the economy v deaths argument. But failing that, our debate about league reconstruction looks somewhat irrelevant. Maybe let’s just see which clubs are still able to field teams in Autumn 2021?

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

our debate about league reconstruction looks somewhat irrelevant.

Thats been obvious for some days mate, and is why Dempster jumped to the "how do we keep football going" group immediately.