League Reconstruction 20/21 season

15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Its not "in the bank" as you put it.

My point was using the 11th place parachute payment, which is as someone also highlighted below £500k.

That's not in the bank for Hearts, Partick or Stranrear

Not sure what you mean by 11th place parachute payment, as neither Hearts or Partick are in 11th place. Going to arbitration seals the fact that they are 12th placed teams. They have been relegated, the argument now is over compensation.

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How rude!

sat2.thumb.JPG.ae76c31fa01964c4c9a43468992ab988.JPG

They've tried that before, and it just ended up with the decent Hearts fans on here telling them to bolt while the rest of us just laughed at them. It's not like we've not been drip fed a bunch of Moon howlers over the last couple of weeks.

The result is akin to Ben Shapiro facing Andrew Neil, where poor Shapiro sounded a genius when snugly ensconced in his echo chamber, but when let into the wild he looked an absolute fool.

Edited by Ric

Just now, Ric said:

Not sure what you mean by 11th place parachute payment, as neither Hearts or Partick are in 11th place. Going to arbitration seals the fact that they are 12th placed teams. They have been relegated. That is has now been accepted. The argument now is over compensation.

I mean that is 11th spot had been relegated, there is a £500k parachute payment for them.

I had also linked Flash's post which mentioned the same thing

A club relegated via the Premiership play-offs, gets £500,000 in the first season down and £250,000 in the second season

That is not needed, therefore the funds are available to be used for compensation.

15 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hibs.net are 100% convinced this guy is an undercover Hibee.  

If so he's a genius, he's even got Leslie Deans passing him inanities to post on his behalf! :lol:

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I mean that is 11th spot had been relegated, there is a £500k parachute payment for them.

I had also linked Flash's post which mentioned the same thing

That is not needed, therefore the funds are available to be used for compensation.

Ah, right, my apologies I see where you are coming from now. Where the cash comes from I suppose is a bit irrelevant to my initial post. I suppose you could say that the SPFL is "saving" money by not paying it out. I'm no SPFL financial expert so I can't tell you "where" that money goes should, in a normal season, it not be handed out (for example, when we beat United in the play-offs the other season).

The nice thing would be for it to be budgeted every year and if it's not paid out fully then it goes to some grass roots development fund of some sort.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If so he's a genius, he's even got Leslie Deans passing him inanities to post on his behalf! :lol:

One of our undercover Hibees managed to coin the phrase "maroon pound" on Jambos Kickback as a mockery comparing their pathetic actions (tick tock, boycott other clubs, hope they die etc) to Sevco 2012 and their "blue pound".  The Hearts supporters are now widely using this term and it is utterly glorious. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Can only presume if Hearts fans' "Maroon pound" is being withheld from anyone who voted to relegated Hearts that means that Hearts fans will no longer be giving money to Hearts or going to Hearts games because Hearts voted to end the league and relegate Hearts.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can only presume if Hearts fans' "Maroon pound" is being withheld from anyone who voted to relegated Hearts that means that Hearts fans will no longer be giving money to Hearts or going to Hearts games because Hearts voted to end the league and relegate Hearts.

Surprised no-one has changed that to “Moron pound”

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The threat to boycott away matches is something that will fall apart pretty quickly. Is the boycott for one season only, or two seasons, or forever ? Are they all getting together and taking a vote ? It’s all pretty daft in truth, most decent fans will just carry on attending games the way they always have.

Just now, Yorky said:

The threat to boycott away matches is something that will fall apart pretty quickly. Is the boycott for one season only, or two seasons, or forever ? Are they all getting together and taking a vote ? It’s all pretty daft in truth, most decent fans will just carry on attending games the way they always have.

The same "fans" that are threatening these boycotts are probably the same "fans" that dont or probably have never been to an away game.. see sevco.. real fans will support their team no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

It will fall apart as soon as they start winning some games, which is more than likely in the Championship. This is where forums *are* unrepresentative of fans as a whole - we are folk who think more about the issues than the average fan, and this means we have the greatest motivation to do something about it (like a boycott). The pushback against including the Rangers newco in the SPL (or the First Division, as a fallback plan) started from forums like this.

Guest Flash
24 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ah, right, my apologies I see where you are coming from now. Where the cash comes from I suppose is a bit irrelevant to my initial post. I suppose you could say that the SPFL is "saving" money by not paying it out. I'm no SPFL financial expert so I can't tell you "where" that money goes should, in a normal season, it not be handed out (for example, when we beat United in the play-offs the other season).

The nice thing would be for it to be budgeted every year and if it's not paid out fully then it goes to some grass roots development fund of some sort.

I think the parachute payments are deducted (along with other costs) to arrive at the net amount available as prize money to all the clubs.  So, if there is no parachute for 11th place, it just gets included in the prize money pot. I don’t know whether the SPFL held anything back this year or whether the 11th place parachute will already have been paid out.

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

On what basis should Hearts get a penny more than the parachute payment?

While I agree, I just think arbitration is set up in a way that isn't a zero-sum outcome. With that in mind I think compensation will be the result. I could, of course, be wildly out but that's my prediction anyway.

On a side note, I notice JKB Meltdown is quoting that post you made there, or at least the final tagline from it.

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the parachute payments are deducted (along with other costs) to arrive at the net amount available as prize money to all the clubs.  So, if there is no parachute for 11th place, it just gets included in the prize money pot. I don’t know whether the SPFL held anything back this year or whether the 11th place parachute will already have been paid out.

I'll be honest, I would have thought that the prize money was agreed on before the start of the season. I'm not disagreeing with you here, btw, I am sure you have far more visibility over the issue than I do.

Edited by Ric

42 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

P&B's best kept secret is that everyone here posts on Kickback. Apart from the Heart of Midlothian fans of course, who have more sense.

I got banned only asking a question about levein...  I asked if he had the same deal when selling players that McNamara had at utd.   Levein was there before him and also on the board so I thought it was an appropriate question.  Was accused of calling him corrupt... they are more defensive than levein himself.  That was the first ban.  Second was for asking why the one of the moderators always gave excuses for anything the club or budge done.   Independent message board my archiebauld 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Any p&b Jambos openly admit to posting in there? there must be a few (not the recent influx of bellends)

Been posting since I got booted.  Have laughed more on here.  The orange walk thread is one of the funniest things I've read while in lockdown.  

29 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Boycott then, boycott now, boycott forever.