League Reconstruction 20/21 season

30 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think Cormack is talking shite, what on earth is he spending 1 million a month on?

Exaggeration maybe, but not shite. Wages mostly. Add in Directors, inflation to this season and maybe an extra player or two(?) and you will be over £10m pa / £800k pm. Plus insurance, rates, maintenance. If they have Furloughed the non football staff, they might be getting about £200K pm back.

33279FBD-7BC1-486E-9CDC-FDD852A7DF1D.jpeg

Edited by Pet Jeden

4 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Mass gatherings banned until end of August in Ireland.. might be an indication of what might happen here.

Edit.. Crowds over 5000.. 

So they'll get to let fans back into McDiarmid before anywhere else in the top flight? Doesn't seem fair.

Gordon Scott is now on the reconstruction group, btw. I don't think it'll make any material difference, but I do feel slightly better knowing that we're being represented. 

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Exaggeration maybe, but not shite. Wages mostly. Add in Directors, inflation to this season and maybe an extra player or two(?) and you will be over £10m pa / £800k pm. Plus insurance, rates, maintenance. If they have Furloughed the non football staff, they might be getting about £200K pm back.

394C963A-48BC-4BD1-B8E8-2191E47D1836.jpeg

Fair enough, thanks. They might have to bite the bullet and furlough the players. I can see many 'bigger' clubs having to eventually go down this route.

35 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think Cormack is talking shite, what on earth is he spending 1 million a month on?

Aberdeen’s usual running costs are 1.2 million per month, so they must be reduced by 200k at the moment.

pretty straight forward really.

29 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not sure about £1 million per month but the government furlough scheme really isn't much use to a top six club, as most first team players would be taking a major pay cut by accepting its cap of £2500 per month. It's unusual that the smaller full-time clubs are actually better placed to cope with the current financial disruption than the larger ones, but here we are.

Absolutely. Celtic’s monthly bill must be multiple millions. Soon eat into the stash they are reported to have in the bank.

Ironically it may end up as a bit of a leveller if football doesn’t return this year and they had to use their extra cash to survive. That’s if there’s anyone left for them to play against.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

So they'll get to let fans back into McDiarmid before anywhere else in the top flight? Doesn't seem fair.

Gordon Scott is now on the reconstruction group, btw. I don't think it'll make any material difference, but I do feel slightly better knowing that we're being represented

Were Celtic not on this Group, then?

4 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Mass gatherings banned until end of August in Ireland.. might be an indication of what might happen here.

Edit.. Crowds over 5000.. 

The Dutch just annoynced they have suspended football till 1st September and they have one of the lowest number of confirmed cases & deaths in Europe per head of population.......

We aint returning anytime soon.

Edited by C4mmy31

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The Dutch just annoynced they have suspended football till 1st September and they have one of the lowest number of confirmed cases & deaths in Europe per head of population.......

It aint returning anytime soon.

You're probably right about no football anytime soon. But the Dutch are nowhere near having the lowest number of cases/deaths in Europe. Pro-rata, they are on a par with the UK , who are in the middle - at best

Just now, big al said:

Well if you dont know, don’t claim to know that Cormack is talking shite.

They have taken to defering up to 30% of wages over 4 months, that will save them over £250k a month, also like @Pet Jeden said, if they have furloughed the non playing staff, that's another £200k a month saved, so we are now down to £800k a month costs, with the £2m investment they never had before to cover some of these costs, this is now down to £300k a month costs over 4 months.

Would have been more simple just putting the players on furlough imo.

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We aint returning anytime soon.

Yeah I saw that and posted it on the other thread.  Just a quick glance at the LOI Facebook page and none of them reckon any games will played even though 99% of their attendances are under 5000.  Pretty much writing their season off.

Edited by Bohemian

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They have taken to defering up to 30% of wages over 4 months, that will save them over £250k a month, also like @Pet Jeden said, if they have furloughed the non playing staff, that's another £200k a month saved, so we are now down to £800k a month costs, with the £2m investment they never had before to cover some of these costs, this is now down to £300k a month costs over 4 months.

Would have been more simple just putting the players on furlough imo.

Deferred wages still have to be paid at a later date though. Any team with substantial numbers of players on more than £2.5k per month (Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs) need to get wages cut, not just deferred. This is one thing that Ann Budge was/is absolutely spot-on with.

UEFA meeting tomorrow, so potentially that could be the day the top flight is officially "ended" in the same way as the lower tiers.

If it happens, then Hearts will no longer get a vote as a top flight side.

Any expansion vote will then require the 11-1 process, but with Dundee United getting a vote instead of Hearts. 

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Gordon Scott is now on the reconstruction group, btw. I don't think it'll make any material difference, but I do feel slightly better knowing that we're being represented. 

Stop trying to manufacture a rivalry, your not relevant enough for us to care.

UEFA meeting tomorrow, so potentially that could be the day the top flight is officially "ended" in the same way as the lower tiers.
If it happens, then Hearts will no longer get a vote as a top flight side.
Any expansion vote will then require the 11-1 process, but with Dundee United getting a vote instead of Hearts. 

It has been suggested by those in the know that Scotland won't be allowed to call it because Rangers are still in the Europa League.

And anyway, I believe your interpretation of the voting is wrong, I don't believe that the official "handover" as such happens immediately in any scenario (even a normal finish to the season). The rules suggest that the season should start no earlier than a specific date (I think it's 30th June).