League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You’re playing with words here. The reality is that the SPFL said that they wouldn’t call the Premiership without a vote by the 12 clubs, which is what happened. 

I'm not though. The vote indicated a willingness to stop the Premiership once there was clarity around European spots. There wasn't a second formal vote to my knowledge, more a meeting of the Premiership clubs where they had the opportunity to voice a strong objection.

17 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:
18 hours ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

What then if it doesn’t pass? Reconstruction?
What then if it doesn’t pass?

Back to court & they lose money either way tho arguably if they won a full hearing (gamble) then members would be recompensed. Still the big but there....

It’s a mess. Not necessarily of the SPFL as an organisation’s making but certainly of its member clubs.

As for being low on facts. The facts are there. Not my job to point out what you’ve missed or dont understand. 

I understand fully, but if your pointing out what will happen, it's all, if you excuse the expression, utter bollocks as its a personal opinion, hope of what will happen.

If you are stating something as fact, do not be offended if someone asks for evidence to back it up. It doesn't mean they are stupid, in fact not backing something up may be taken as you are stupid due to the fact you cannot back it up with facts, but try to cover it up with bluster.

Edited 17 hours ago by Tannadeechee

This McGregor guy is conveniently named as his complete diatribe is soooooooooooo full of shite, that it makes me wonder if he is really a farmer with nowhere to spread his slurry but here.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not though. The vote indicated a willingness to stop the Premiership once there was clarity around European spots. There wasn't a second formal vote to my knowledge, more a meeting of the Premiership clubs where they had the opportunity to voice a strong objection.

Ok. But my main point was that regardless of what the vote was, we would be where we are anyway. What has effectively confirmed Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer’s relegation are the reconstruction votes/discussions.

It was described by the SPFL as a unanimous agreement, and none of the clubs challenged that assertion. I have no idea if there was a vote taken though.

17 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

C14 is the rule that temas should play 38 games.

Superceded by A2 and the articles determining the powers of the board 103. The rule was changed with a qualified resolution.

99 is an article about Appointing Directors, no idea what you are going on about here

No worries; neither has he. :)

In analagous news, Belgium's competition regulators have declared that it was "not unreasonable" for the league to relegate a club in the truncated season, and also concluded that it was in accordance with sporting integrity and the football association regulations. Because of the high count of instances of the word 'reasonable' in the Hearts petition, Hearts must be hoping that Belgian folks have a very different understanding of reasonableness than Scottish folks...

"The College has judged that in was the light of the Coronavirus crisis measures not unreasonable for the Pro League to decide on the 15th of May 2020 to end the 2019-2020 season, with as a consequence the relegation of Waasland-Beveren and to maintain for the 2020-2021 season in a division 1A with 16 clubs.The College has also concluded that this decision was the closest possible to the RBFA Football Regulations and to the sports logic."

https://www.belgiancompetition.be/sites/default/files/content/download/files/20200702_press_release_27_bca.pdf

Kudos to the entire country of Belgium for putting their national regulatory press releases out in English. I'd have thought that Flemish and French was plenty.

Edited by Aim Here

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I wonder what the legal jargon for "Get fucking doon" is?

That's not going to happen today.

Worst case scenario for Hearts is the judge agrees with the Dundee United QC and refers it to SFA arbitration without any recourse to going back to court. But even in that scenario it is still possible (I suppose) that the SFA arbitrator could support Hearts and Thistle. More likely is he agrees with the SPFL QC and refers it to arbitration and just suspends the court action, which Hearts could resume if they don't like the arbitration outcome. Or he could agree with the Hearts/Thistle QC and schedule a full court hearing and cut out the SFA.