League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Rather misjudged if that is their strategy. Plucking bizarre alternative strategies which might have been followed out of thin air simply underlines their lack of a cogent argument.

Any party going into the Court of Session should have strong legal arguments for bringing a case (or for defending one). If true that this was brought as an alternative then it seems to be  trying to again show that it isn't fair - that isn't a legal argument and PPG was used to try and level that out as fairly as possible - again, this was voted on by all members and the majority was passed...

What benefit does this actually have if it is just passed back to the SFA to adjudicate, they'll surely back the SPFL anyway?

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Out of interest, is the judge a "good football person", or are they a fan of the egg chaser. It never ceases to amaze me how unconnected with the subject some judges can be. They might just swallow the points thing.

The judge has successfully represented Rangers players vs the SFA in his pre-judge days as an advocate, and according to JKB he brought up a 1965 case of St Johnstone vs the SFA. He presumably knows enough about football to do the appropriate legal stuffs.

He also helped a roofing company take Craig Whyte to court, and represented the News of the World against militant revolutionary turned cringeworthy Celtic Da Tommy Sheridan.

He has had a knack for showing up on the Rangers side of the law...

Edited by Aim Here

44 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Only someone who had never experienced industrialized slaughter could write something like that & not all who fought in the conflict went of their own free will.  Hugely disrespectful analogy, deserving of a* extended period of national service.  

*an

And only someone with a profound ignorance of the subject would think the Allies "won" the battle of the Somme.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The judge has successfully represented Rangers players vs the SFA in his pre-judge days as an advocate, and according to JKB he brought up a 1965 case of St Johnstone vs the SFA. He presumably knows enough about football to do the appropriate legal stuffs.

It sounds crazy to even ask "do you know about football",  but you'd be surprised.

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

But they were only shite for their first 30 league games. They had planned to transform themselves into Barcelona for the final 8 games. Hence, quite rightly, the seeeeethe at their unfair demotion. 

In a remarkable show of solidarity, it seems Barca have decided to finish their season playing like Hearts....

I don't know what everyone else is listening to, but almost the entirety of the proceedings so far has been about how Hearts and Partick have to abide by SFA rules and use their arbitration procedure, therefore, the CoS should throw it out.

Seems pretty open and shut to me.

Edited by ArabFC

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

If you add the 24 points to hearts they would go above motherwell into 3rd based on what was possible not probable.

Probably not possible, given that at least 2 points per game are dished out to other teams.

Also, Hearts would still be in the bottom half of the split, so even if they get the points for it, they're still 7th.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I don't know what everyone else is listening to, but almost the entirety of the proceedings so far has been about how Hearts and Partick have to abide by SFA rules and use their arbitration procedure, therefore, the CoS should throw it out.

To us laymen, legal arguments usually seem open and shut until you hear the other side. If they don't, then the lawyers have no business being in the courtroom.

Then again, I think I can drive a few holes through Hearts' petition, but I'm not sure how much of that is Dunning-Kruger-style cognitive bias...

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

The Hearts and Thistle lawyer comes last. The line kept cutting out every few seconds for me so I gave up. 

6 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Would that suggest a strategic error, in that they should have gone SFA, CAS, then CoS as a last resort?

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Would that suggest a strategic error, in that they should have gone SFA, CAS, then CoS as a last resort?

The SFA and the CAS are the same part of the proceedings; the CAS is the SFA's independent arbitrator.

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Probably not possible, given that at least 2 points per game are dished out to other teams.

Also, Hearts would still be in the bottom half of the split, so even if they get the points for it, they're still 7th.

The debate would be if motherwell lost all their games and hearts won all their games hearts would've had more points,i'm sure the judge would know about the split.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The SFA and the CAS are the same part of the proceedings; the CAS is the SFA's independent arbitrator.

So CAS then CoS?  Could they re-petition CoS if they are advised to go to CAS & are unhappy with the outcome?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The debate would be if motherwell lost all their games and hearts won all their games hearts would've had more points,i'm sure the judge would know about the split.

But that's not the whole story, because other teams will be gaining points from beating Motherwell. Aberdeen would have played Motherwell twice (I think - at least once) and so they'd be at least third if Motherwell was hell-bent on losing all games. Would Hearts overtake Aberdeen?

3 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

So CAS then CoS?  Could they re-petition CoS if they are advised to go to CAS & are unhappy with the outcome?

Sure. Nothing stopping anyone from going to court. But they have to come up with a whole bunch of new arguments as to why the CAS/SFA got it all wrong.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Sure. Nothing stopping anyone from going to court. But they have to come up with a whole bunch of new arguments as to why the CAS/SFA got it all wrong.

So potentially this could go full Bleak House & work its way up the Courts?