League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Listening now to the case. Let's how long it takes for legal jargon to put me to sleep!!!

Just remember that you need to protect yourself and the site from contempt

Spoiler

Although its ok, we all know you are not a Hearts fan 🤣

Phone line to court keeps cutting out. It's a bit boring as they keep referring to stuff they have written down if front of them without reading it out, so it's impossible at times to know what they're talking about. Basically the promoted trio want the case dismissed (backed by the SPFL), the SPFL want it sent to arbitration, and Hearts/Thistle want it to go to a full hearing. That's all they'll be discussing today.

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

Hearing an argument being put forward that ending the league should not be on PPG but by awarding three points to each team for each unplayed game.  Interesting. 

So both teams in the unplayed game would get 3 points....how does that even make sense?

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

Hearing an argument being put forward that ending the league should not be on PPG but by awarding three points to each team for each unplayed game.  Interesting. 

This is a ludicrous idea, given that it is literally impossible for both teams to win a game. The only difference it would make practically here would be to save Partick Thistle from relegation, at which point Queen of the South would have the exact opposite argument.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is a ludicrous idea, given that it is literally impossible for both teams to win a game. The only difference it would make practically here would be to save Partick Thistle from relegation, at which point Queen of the South would have the exact opposite argument.

That was my thoughts. That surely isn't being put forward in court? 

On 20/06/2020 at 12:29, Pet Jeden said:

Sceptical that it would cost that up here. But anyway, if your argument is that some teams can't, or can't be arsed, paying the costs to see out their league fixture obligations, then shouldn't those teams be compensating the teams who are prejudiced by those fixtures not being played out?

If you were arguing that wouldn’t the sensible thing be 1.5 points each per game 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Phone line to court keeps cutting out. It's a bit boring as they keep referring to stuff they have written down if front of them without reading it out, so it's impossible at times to know what they're talking about. Basically the promoted trio want the case dismissed (backed by the SPFL), the SPFL want it sent to arbitration, and Hearts/Thistle want it to go to a full hearing. That's all they'll be discussing today.

I take it that means going to the SFA.

(Or eventually CAS if the SFA ruling isn't to the liking of either party.)

Just now, Insaintee said:

would not save partick

I know, but if the argument is simply that they need a solution to save them then saying both teams in an unplayed match should both get 3pts (which as we all know isn't the way points are awarded) seems a weird way to go about it. If anything that would seem to me to weaken their argument. A draw where neither team loses (or wins) seems what would be a more appropriate approach to bringing teams to level games...even if it didn't save Partick

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Is it not also a pointless diversion within the CoS?

If there was to be a change in the methodology of calculating halted seasons then presumably that would have to be voted on by the clubs...................and once again the answer will be "foxtrot oscar".

Seems a complete waste of the courts time.

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

If you were arguing that wouldn’t the sensible thing be 1.5 points each per game 

You only get 1 point for a draw, so there's no guarantee of 3 points being given out for any particular match.

14 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I don't think Thistle are seriously expecting to be awarded three points for the game in hand. They're just trying to emphasise the unfairness of the situation.

Rather misjudged if that is their strategy. Plucking bizarre alternative strategies which might have been followed out of thin air simply underlines their lack of a cogent argument.

Out of interest, is the judge a "good football person", or are they a fan of the egg chaser. It never ceases to amaze me how unconnected with the subject some judges can be. They might just swallow the points thing.

6 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Rather misjudged if that is their strategy. Plucking bizarre alternative strategies which might have been followed out of thin air simply underlines their lack of a cogent argument.

Lacking an obvious logical argument*, I think trying to persuade the judge with a sob story is their best shot. Thistle having a game in hand is a significant part of that story.

*particularly as they seemed to eschew the Dundee vote argument in their joint statement outlining their case

Record are saying that there will be a Premiership clubs conference call at 3pm. Presumably they're expecting an outcome before then.

Edited by JamesM82