League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Neigh.

Some are quite stable.

Others get in a bit of a lather, but not furlong.

Some others would bridle at your suggestion and might tell you to rein it in.

Some more are under a bit of a handicap, but you can't saddle them all with that description.

Overall, I think you hold the whip hand.

You must be jockeying. 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I remember St Mirren's Championship prices being 22 ish quid

Wrong. From moving into the stadium in 2009 until the end of the 2017-18 season it was £20 for an adult.

Upon promotion to the Premiership the price went up to £22 at the start of the 2018-19 season.

ETA, it was still £22 for the season just ended unlike your shower of robbing c***s.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Yes, Raith Rovers benefitted from the existing loan system.  

That doesn't really do anything to strengthen the arguments towards Colt teams.  

It was a hypothetical question if colts where introduced in a lower league more players would be released to find their level with the benefit of having full time coaching just like Regan Hendry.

10 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

I don't understand your point about losing players to England, we lose players to England more often than not because it's a progression. St Mirren for example, one of our top 12 teams in the country regularly lose players to L1 and L2 English teams, players that we would rather keep and that would play first team football here. 

We lose over 40 players a season to England and you don't think that has an affect on our game? Plus players don't leave for a mythical  progression they leave for a better bank balance.

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We lose over 40 players a season to England and you don't think that has an affect on our game? Plus players don't leave for a mythical  progression they leave for a better bank balance.

I think it definitely has an effect, quality players move to better leagues, that's just natural progression. Not sure what it has to do with this debate though, colts wont stop that. In fact it could very well amplify it when clubs financial bottom-lines drop after thousands of fans turn their back on Scottish football. 

And of course it's progression, progression is linked to financial capability. All these players going to England will improve the quality of the leagues over Scotland, that's just common sense. Do you think these better players go down south and immediately get worse? Outside the big two, the rest of the SP teams would be lucky to perform above mid League 1 level, most would be league 2 at best. Rangers would be upper championship and Celtic (current squad) might be lucky to sneak into the top flight. Our standard is hopeless and that's down to financial capability. As long as the money available to clubs stays low, players will leave to be better financially rewarded and that in turn will widen the quality gap. 

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wrong. From moving into the stadium in 2009 until the end of the 2017-18 season it was £20 for an adult.

Upon promotion to the Premiership the price went up to £22 at the start of the 2018-19 season.

ETA, it was still £22 for the season just ended unlike your shower of robbing c***s.

Was that your top flight price too then, if so then my point stands.

Price you pay for the privilege of watching us play sublime football at the Spaghettihad on our beautiful pitch.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was that your top flight price too then, if so then my point stands.

Seeing as you seem to be hard of thinking I'll type this slowly for you.

When we were in the Championship, seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 admission for adults was £20 not £22 as you contended.

It increased to £22 at the start of the 2018/19 season when we were back in the Premiership.

You "remembering" us charging £22 in the championship is a load of shite.

16 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Price you pay for the privilege of watching us play sublime football at the Spaghettihad on our beautiful pitch.

As for this drivel, I went to the 2-1 defeat at Almondvale last season. As me and my mate were approaching the turnstiles, one of your dozy stewards opened the gate to allow some disabled fans access but he left it open. We sauntered in without paying a bean.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Seeing as you seem to be hard of thinking I'll type this slowly for you.

When we were in the Championship, seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 admission for adults was £20 not £22 as you contended.

It increased to £22 at the start of the 2018/19 season when we were back in the Premiership.

You "remembering" us charging £22 in the championship is a load of shite.

Precious wee f**k aren't you, I got what you were saying the first time, but what I then asked was your  top flight price in 2014/15 20 quid tae then, and you kept that price when you were relegated. Pretty sure it was still higher than most Championship clubs that still hadn't broken into the 20 quid price range.

55 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As for this drivel, I went to the 2-1 defeat at Almondvale last season. As me and my mate were approaching the turnstiles, one of your dozy stewards opened the gate to allow some disabled fans access but he left it open. We sauntered in without paying a bean.

See the source image

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not at all but when I see fallacies, and the phalluses that spout them, they have to be corrected.

The tone of your post suggests otherwise, but you still didn't answer my question, which was the topic of my post, the 2 quid is just quibbling over an error in price.