League Reconstruction 20/21 season

You've got to admire a poster that has more negative points than they have posts.

That sort of success rate is on par with successful businesswoman Ann Budge's decision making.

19 minutes ago, Ric said:

You've got to admire a poster that has more negative points than they have posts.

That sort of success rate is on par with successful businesswoman Ann Budge's decision making.

It says more about the one-eyed folk on here tbh.

Anything I have said can be backed up via club statements, the Court petition or common sense.

Not reading the Sun or Record helps too.

Thanks for the 51 votes people, it's a nice number.

On 20/06/2020 at 01:56, wastecoatwilly said:

NO, I would be very surprised if any player from the colt team would still be playing in league 2 at the age of 21 in fact two years in league 2 would be enough to see if the player needs to move up or be released just like Robertson.
My take on it would be after the first year the best players would be put out on loan at a higher level and replaced with the U18's after the second year the same process but the players having had 2 seasons in league 2 will be released plus there will be players fast tracked into the Celtic first team.the conveyor belt will be more efficient.
The idea of the colt teams is to improve the level from the bottom upwards, it would be a surprise if Celtic got a similar success rate as say the class of 92.
Celtic will be lucky if they get 2 or 3 into the first team each year so to say it will only benefit Celtic I totally disagree.

I feel the point still stands that colts are there to better develop youngsters, if they had done that with players like Morgan & McLean teams like St Mirren would have missed out. That's over £600k in income for us with more to come if McLean gets a big move in the future. It is a clear negative for other teams in progressing Celtic & Rangers. You can disagree, that's fine but IMO disagreeing with that hampers one of the fundamental points in colts developing young players. 

As for how it would work, I agree but it further validates my point this only benefits Celtic & Rangers. The cast offs maybe being a bit better isn't a plus for Scottish football. The standard is already in the toilet, players getting slightly better food-chain youngsters is not close to a good reason to turn our bottom leagues into a development exercise at the expense of likely thousands of fans. If people are watching football because of the quality of the product, they're not watching the Scottish game, colts will not change that. Point one & the walkaway of many fans here far outweighs any positives so it absolutely would only benefit Celtic & Rangers when you look at pros and cons. 

Your point on being lucky to get a few players is also a reason it shouldn't happen, if they only get a few players, what's the chances any of them will be far superior to the options Scotland largely has now (and that the colts made that happen)? Very, very slim as such it doesn't do what we need for Scottish international football. 

Because this is the status quo and we both agree this needs to change, Celtic will continue to do what they are doing with a more streamlined system with less players out on loan other clubs will be more able to produce their own talent instead of taking a Celtic player.
It does need to change but a change that will cause thousands more fans to be disenfranchised with Scottish football isn't the needed change. In fact it needs to be a red line for something that change doesn't cause.

Minimum homegrown players in starting 11s is our best bet. Look at countries like Serbia, poorly supported league, generally poor level of competition like Scotland & not the best investment from the governing body (from what I can tell through research). They have similar rules to we had in the 90s where 8 of their starting 11 must be eligible to represent Serbia. They are miles ahead of us at international level with no sign that'll change, we are punching in the qualifiers where as they seem to have under-performed. You may bring the xenophobic point back up but there are ways to make this acceptable. Home grown player rules in European club competition for instance. Same rule, bigger number, done. 

The fact that Celtic are buying players from this trickle down effect also helps the Scottish game,Celtic are leaving the Scottish market alone and looking else where.
You said it yourself the level of player in Scotland isn't good enough, it cost Celtic 1.2 million to get Jack Hendry or 300 grand for Frimpong where would you shop.
As above, force clubs to invest in Scottish players, it will have by far a bigger impact, if countries like Serbia are anything to go by. Again the trickle down effect will not be any better with colts, people don't watch Scottish football for the quality & a slightly higher level of a few players wont change that. It also ignores if the cast offs are better, Scottish teams might be less able to afford them if they've lost 100s (or more) of season ticket holders each. 
I agree they're certain positions in the Scottish national team that are not good enough we're about 4 or 5 players away from being at a major tournament.
For me this is an improvement from 5 years ago so the national team is going in the correct direction.
Next season I will be looking for an apology when we beat Norway and Serbia.   

I don't see it but if we do we would have been punching miles above our weight. Upsets happen in football, there are no apologise needed when they do. If we beat them I would be delighted. At our current level of quality major tournaments will be a luxury when they should be the norm for a country like Scotland. 20 years of history proves that. 

As for the five players away, yep we might sneak into a major tournament with five far superior players but where they're coming from is the issue. What Scotland really needs is a team of McTominey to Robertson level players. A team of players wanted by the top 20-30 clubs in Europe. In a squad of 22, we are 20 away from that. 

1 minute ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Anything I have said can be backed up via club statements, the Court petition or common sense.

Man on football forum claims he is correct and cites 'common sense' and 'club statements' as his evidence.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

You're right, Keith Jackson and his EXCLUSIVES! (that are proven to be false within 10 mins) are a better source of information.

I haven't read any of your posts so I've no idea what you're even referring to.

But given this has been the summer of bat shit mental club statements and flat earthers would probably tell you their views are common sense, I'll probably be giving it a wide berth.

The fact stands, Lawwell shut down the league to protect 9iar. 

The tainted title, promotions, relegations, TV deal refunds and court cases would not be an issue if the league was played to a finish.

Nobody can seriously argue with that.

Meanwhile Ann Budge, who found funding for all the club's is being painted as a terrorist.

That's why Scottish football matters to nobody outside this small country. 

7 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

I could say it shows someone swimming against the tide of public opinion.

The only thing is you have to read more statements than those released by Hearts whether officially.or given via Tom English.

Myself, I read the Hearts court document, multiple club statements, SPFL statements, debate in here(where reasonable and quantifiable), other places, various news sources to try and hopefully get past the journalists opinion and just get the facts. Also read UEFA and government statements. Also handy are the comments from various club chairmen/CEOs not contained within club statements.

Put that all together and you see through the piss and wind and can then make an informed decision, based on facts as free from bias as possible.

Just now, MegaRichJambos said:

Nope

Just now, MegaRichJambos said:

The tainted title, promotions, relegations, TV deal refunds and court cases would not be an issue if the league was played to a finish.

Thanks for that nugget of wisdom, never thought of that.

Meanwhile Ann Budge, who found funding for all the club's is being painted as a terrorist.

Give it a rest.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

In the absence of a leaked/published SPFL reply to the Hearts Court of Session petition, I'm looking for clues as to what their defence is going to be.

The Daily Record has this.

While Ann Budge isn't even willing to sully her phone by having it take part in a call to a League 2 chairman even in the context of an actual SPFL vote on reconstruction, the Record is reporting that United and Raith are drumming up support for their court case among club chairmen. Thing is, while it's obvious what a a chairman's support can do for you in a straight-up vote, it's less obvious what they can do in a civil court case where they're not even named.

Looking at the case, I suspect what's going on is that even if Hearts overturn the Dundee vote, they still have the (huge) hurdle to show that the clubs would have voted for something else had they been informed differently. There's a whole bunch of verbiage of the form "no reasonable member, properly informed, could have considered that the Written Resolution was in the interests of the Company" trying to give that impression. If this gets as far as evidence being presented, my guess is that it's going to be flatly contradicted by actual, factual, club chairmen, stating that they were, or at least are now, properly informed, that they are, indeed, a bunch of very reasonable folks, and that they'd still vote exactly the same way for reasons of sporting integrity and fairness and that Hearts are at it. The fact that the petition isn't demanding a retake of the vote, but just overrule by the judge is highly suggestive that Hearts know they'd only lose again.

You do know that there is precedent for just voting for clubs to be relegated or promted. In view of that, even if the court case is succesful and hearts are not relegated on the PPG basis. The SPFL can just vote for them to be expelled from the top division and the second tier respectively. Equally it is possible for the SFA to recind their licences and make them sit out the entire season.  Budge may think she's being clever but setting nigh on the whole of Scottish football against your club is not smart in any circumstances. Also I don't think she can count on the Buns to protect their wee team. 

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

I could say it shows someone swimming against the tide of public opinion.

The only thing is you have to read more statements than those released by Hearts whether officially.or given via Tom English.

Myself, I read the Hearts court document, multiple club statements, SPFL statements, debate in here(where reasonable and quantifiable), other places, various news sources to try and hopefully get past the journalists opinion and just get the facts. Also read UEFA and government statements. Also handy are the comments from various club chairmen/CEOs not contained within club statements.

Put that all together and you see through the piss and wind and can then make an informed decision, based on facts as free from bias as possible.

Still clearly upset from yesterday's hilarious news.

2 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Who said she was a terrorist?

A fantasisit, yes. A terrorist, no.

What an odd statement.

Can you please list the facts that would allow the season to be played to a finish? Just the facts typed out one fact per line, without mentioning England as they can play football and our legislature has said we can't? 

Yes we can, many sensible people can, easily.

I thought someone else approached her? She did nothing, certainly according to her statement she made to Radio Scotland which was broadcast so we could hear her words.

To be fair why would it matter to anyome outside Scotland? How many folk care about Macedonian, Bosnian, Chilean, Vietnamese, Austrian, Danish, Mexican football to name a few outside of their countries?

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Can you please list the facts that would allow the season to be played to a finish? Just the facts typed out one fact per line, without mentioning England as they can play football and our legislature has said we can't? 

Yes we can, many sensible people can, easily.

I thought someone else approached her? She did nothing, certainly according to her statement she made to Radio Scotland which was broadcast so we could hear her words.

To be fair why would it matter to anyome outside Scotland? How many folk care about Macedonian, Bosnian, Chilean, Vietnamese, Austrian, Danish, Mexican football to name a few outside of their countries?

Mention how the league could have continued without mentioning the many leagues that continued.

Just stick to the tabloids bud.

18 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

You'd cancel Scottish clubs participation in Europe just to stop the bottom Premiership club getting demoted? Of course you would but you can hardly expect people not to argue with it.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Saying that Lawwell shut down the league to protect 9 in a row is paranoid fantasy, as opposed to fact.

The league not being played to a finish was a result of mass gatherings being banned by the Scottish Government to halt the spread of coronavirus.

Not sure that I have come across any statement that alleges that Ann Budge is a terrorist. 

Give it a rest.

Here was me thinking COVID-19 caused the government to stop the league when all this time it was Celtic. You have to love when Jambos say we should finish the season but then offer no logical way this can be achieved without the vast financial resources of the EPL and Bundesliga. Pretty sure Celtic would happily finish the season as Rangers were never going to catch them all calling the league did was take Celtics title party away.