League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:
I prefer to think of it as literally, legally and in a very public way, lying down to hand Celtic a title.

St Liedown no more all hail the new kings..... Heart of Midliedown

Heart of Seethelothain, please.

9 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Don't see how null and void would have been any benefit to Caley, unless they thought there would have been a big advantage playing Dundee Utd instead of Hearts next season. They would have likely lost their second place prize share too. If that story is true I'm surprised he's still in a job when it looks like his loyalties lay elsewhere. Caley denied it outright though.

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-11

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't see how null and void would have been any benefit to Caley, unless they thought there would have been a big advantage playing Dundee Utd instead of Hearts next season. They would have likely lost their second place prize share too. If that story is true I'm surprised he's still in a job when it looks like his loyalties lay elsewhere. Caley denied it outright though.

Caley wanted ‘null and void’ but with prize money distributed based on current placings so they could conveniently still take the cash.

Caley might have denied it but several other championship chairmen at the time called them out and confirmed their actions.  
There are 10000 reasons why you shouldn’t employ gardiner, but he’s being backed by Caley in their feeble attempt to try and sneak back into the premiership.

Edited by parsforlife

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They did that, BUT that was what prompted Dave McKinnon to publicly come out & put his name to it in the article I linked to. The one linked by me is in response to that ICT statement. Dave McKinnon claims that other Championship clubs will confirm that ICT's CEO was putting this forward.

To be fair it's. not the first that that he's been caught telling "personal versions of the truth" in this saga, eg see Kheredine's apology to Dunfermline.

I agree I don't see exactly what benefit to ICT other than they maybe feel United would have to cost cut if they stayed and as such they'd have more chance of promotion.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Caley wanted ‘null and void’ but with prize money distributed based on current placings so they could conveniently still take the cash.

Caley might have denied it but several other championship chairmen at the time called them out and confirmed their actions.  
There are 10000 reasons why you shouldn’t employ gardiner, but he’s being backed by Caley in their feeble attempt to try and sneak back into the premiership.

Yup, can't see any reason he deserves a "seat" at the negotiating table.

Heyyy, Lordy. I didn’t realise you had any interest in football. I thought you were just employed by party HQ to pump out that morning’s angry line on Brexit. You and your doppelganger, Baxter Parp.
Do you actually get along to any Dundee matches? (when they don’t clash with your hobnobbing at those high-powered meetings with the movers and shakers of the local Community Council, of course)
What a strange little post. Oh well, goodbye [emoji1]

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

So why is it better for a player to sign for Celtic then be farmed out on loan to (say) Partick than for him to sign for Partick in the first place? That way if Celtic want him Partick get a transfer fee.

That's the kids choice it's not Celtic or Partick's. if a kid prefers to go to Partick there's nothing Celtic can do about it. Celtic have a training facility,Celtic pay more wages,Celtic have better coaches, is it easier to get into Partick's first team? All kids want to do is play football why does it matter who they play for?
Again I'm getting red dotted there seems to be a lack of understanding here any player U18 is under the same banner which is project brave. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Somebody elsewhere said almost the same thing.

While its all very amusing to me as a Hibby, I also read yesterday that Cove/Raith/Dundee Utd might have to fork out tens of thousands just to prove what we already know - that they have been promoted.

Its just silly.

I genuinely hope it goes to court and they have to fork out those clubs' and the SPFL's legal costs.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

It’s a childish dig, I know, but Lordy will get it.
Just you stick to calling actual people “window lickers”, Tynie.  While administering wrist-smacks for the Daily Record being called the Daily Retard. Lol.

That sounds like utter pish to me, and not just because its a fantasist like you saying it.

In a rather drunken and utterly radge moment after (yet another 😑) derby defeat a couple of years back, I used that term toward someone on here.

Upon waking up the next day found that @Tynierosehad - correctly and reasonably - administered a few days in the cooler for me.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I don't think so, not a term I would use.

Let's not wrist smack this time.  Let's go full ban.   You're like a 70s caricature.

Rocket. 

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

The money that Doncaster is having to refund to SKY/BT/BBC would have covered the costs of finishing the season behind closed doors. Would just have resulted in a month or two delay to starting next season.  But do you think RR gave that a moment's thought before voting to f**k a handful of other teams?

I'm presuming you are not thick and just at it? 

Given that money is having to be paid to the same companies in England where they are playing football.

Edited by itzdrk
I won't bother waiting in that case 😅

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

I skimmed through the thing. Basically Hearts are whining that they'll suffer severe financial consequences if they're sent down. The fact that Dundee United would therefore suffer severe financial consequences if they're not allowed to come up doesn't get a mention.

But had they played the full season they would have suffered exactly the same financial consequences. T

42 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
59 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Has he actually been binned?

Click his name - he's banned.

How does clicking his name clarify whether or not he's been banned? I just get the profile page with no indications of banneditude, or otherwise (though the last two posts with the red dot pileon is a minor hint).

16 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

How does clicking his name clarify whether or not he's been banned? I just get the profile page with no indications of banneditude, or otherwise (though the last two posts with the red dot pileon is a minor hint).

Aye me too - I didnt want to say anything in case I was being thick.

On another note - am I the only person that doesnt really give out red dots? Even to spangles like Jeden?

I did have sympathy for hearts, thistle and stranrear. They lost out because they were bottom when the leagues stopped. On points per game, they were still bottom, although partick had the game in hand so i can see why they are aggrieved.
They are making the point that - why should teams lose out because of a global pandemic? Yet they are happy for the teams that have been top of their leagues for the majority of the season as well to lose out? Bit of hypocrisy going on.
What happens if hearts win this? Do united, raith and cove end up fighting it and and we just go on and on?
Maybe in the english/german leagues they can restart because of the bankroll of sky money, but scottish football lower leagues can’t because we don’t have the cash to play the rest of the season plus at least 1/4 of next season behind closed doors.
Would budge happily see others go bust to save hearts skin? And where are they pulling this sum of 10 million from? Dundee are reporting losses of half a million, so i doubt that between partick and hearts they are losing as much as that. 

"Would budge happily see others go bust to save hearts skin?" Of course she fucking would, she already thinks there are too many teams, she would give no fucks if L1 and L2 vanished tomorrow.