League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
Speaking of the elderly, where is [mention=22765]Granny Danger[/mention]?

Yeh - I noticed he's been posted missing.

Noticed that myself. 

42 team division. Each team plays the other four times, twice home, twice away. 82 games each, one every 3 days. No postponements regardless of the weather, pitch conditions or international weekends. At the end of that, use the league standings to divide the teams into 3 divisions of 12-12-14. Award Falkirk the championship and put Hearts and Partick into the Welsh league, Celtic and Sevco into the Marianas Trench.

Everybody wins.

42 team division. Each team plays the other four times, twice home, twice away. 82 games each, one every 3 days. No postponements regardless of the weather, pitch conditions or international weekends. At the end of that, use the league standings to divide the teams into 3 divisions of 12-12-14. Award Falkirk the championship and put Hearts and Partick into the Welsh league, Celtic and Sevco into the Marianas Trench.
Everybody wins.
More sensible than half the shite Hearts fans have suggested.

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Everybody wins.

164 games each but, apart from that, I've no concerns.

6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

I did say /can't be arsed. But do you think Falkirk can afford to unfairly be shafted for the sake of Raith Rovers? You think Stranraer can afford a relegation? Everybody will be struggling (except clever-clogs Dundee with their squillionaire owner and the insurance policy he seems to be relying upon). But some clubs have been happy to shaft other struggling clubs.

btw,you're a bit tetchy these days, Aim. You're not a Hibs employee are you?

Stranraer were down regardless

7 minutes ago, The DA said:

164 games each but, apart from that, I've 

You’re forgetting to allow for me being a moron. 

Right. 2 games every 3 days. 

Edited by Shotgun

6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

some clubs have been happy to shaft other struggling clubs

If the clubs voted not to end the season, clubs would have been shafted.

no matter what happened clubs would have been (in your words) shafted.

Best go with sporting merit huh?

Only trying to see a way that all the court legal crap could have been avoided, who says next season starts in August ? who says the SPL is going to be 10/12/14 teams ? No one really knows yet. 

22 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Everyone who voted in favour of ending the league in the original vote is a bully.  

Much the same as a masked crusader handing out cash as a bribe 💰 No strings of course.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you think it's better for Scottish football to punish small clubs and reward rich clubs, purely because small clubs need to shut down to survive?

That's certainly seems to be the successful businesswoman's take on matters.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you think it's better for Scottish football to punish small clubs and reward rich clubs, purely because small clubs need to shut down to survive?

So was St Johnstone's attitude to the vote - we know it's not right, but hey, let's end it and get stuck into that Furlough dosh and to fck with Kelty and Brora. As long as Saints are okay?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

So was St Johnstone's attitude to the vote - we know it's not right, but hey, let's end it and get stuck into that Furlough dosh and to fck with Kelty and Brora. As long as Saints are okay?

So St. Johnstone should have actively ignored a course of action that best secured their own well being in this crisis, to look out for teams not even currently in the SPFL?

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

St Johnstone voted the exact same way as the majority of the lower league sides, so I'm not quite sure how you can paint that as us voting to hinder them, but you'll likely give it a go.

As for "poor wee Kelty", they hadn't even won their division when it was called, so they were more desperate than most for the season to be called early. Thats ignoring the fact they hadn't earned promotion by finishing top even if the season had been completed.

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

So St. Johnstone should have actively ignored a course of action that best secured their own well being in this crisis, to look out for teams not even currently in the SPFL?

Okay. Kelty and Brora. Stranraer, Falkirk, Partick and Hearts.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone voted the exact same way as the majority of the lower league sides, so I'm not quite sure how you can paint that as us voting to hinder them, but you'll likely give it a go.

As for "poor wee Kelty", they hadn't even won their division when it was called, so they were more desperate than most for the season to be called early. Thats ignoring the fact they hadn't earned promotion by finishing top even if the season had been completed.

Neither had Raith Rovers. I would treat your posts as wind-ups if there was even a hint of humour in them. But really, your logic is just all over the shop.

1 year only, 4 conferences of 11 (kelty & Brora included) split based on season just ended, 3 premier teams in each (rangers & Celtic must be in the same one for TV).

Top 3 in each conference qualify for premiership 21/22.

Everybody wins.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Neither had Raith Rovers. I would treat your posts as wind-ups if there was even a hint of humour in them. But really, your logic is just all over the shop.

My point was that Kelty, even if they finished 1st in a completed season, hadn't earned promotion.

Dundee United, Raith and Cove all had.