League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1. Backing away from your previous post, I see. It was interesting to see that deep down you actually fully agree with Hearts' argument.
2. I think the footballing argument comes second to the financial argument in times like these. We can take an imperfect league on the chin for a couple of years if it helps the game overall.
1. I don't think you've understood what I've written if you think that's what I'm saying. I'm saying that the impact on Hearts is identical to a relegation from a full season. And that was as full a season as we were getting in the circumstances.
2. Weirdly I don't think that football should come second in a football league.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

1. I don't think you've understood what I've written if you think that's what I'm saying. I'm saying that the impact on Hearts is identical to a relegation from a full season. And that was as full a season as we were getting in the circumstances.
2. Weirdly I don't think that football should come second in a football league.

1) Exactly. You're making Hearts' argument. The impact is identical to a relegation from a full season. Yet Hearts were denied over 20% of that full season and in those circumstances that is unfair.

Welcome aboard.

2) You're looking short-term. Protecting the clubs in the league is better for the game long-term. Ultimately, having a 14-team league for a few years doesn't matter. Nobody will go bust because of it. It avoids extreme unfairness. You don't think so because you support Hibs. Like many of the loudest screamers on this thread. That's natural.

40 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Budge is a crazy woman saying she only wants fairness when she has her fairness, hearts finished bottom.

Trying to stop promotion to save Hearts blows out of the water any pretence that fairness has been the driving force. When it comes to a toss up between do you penalise a team that has had a very good season and finished top and a team that had had a crap season and bottom there can only be one outcome. Partick Thistle havent even won a single game in 2020. 

Sounds like most of the clubs though are not having this nonsense 

Meanwhile, Record Sport understands back channel talks between outraged clubs continued yesterday in the wake of the legal move with the potential for a formal request for a vote on whether Hearts and Thistle should be expelled from the SPFL on the table.

One Premiership club told us last night: “There are a lot of discussions going on behind the scenes and the anger is palpable.

“I’ve never known so many clubs to be united by such a sense of fury.”

37 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

1) Exactly. You're making Hearts' argument. The impact is identical to a relegation from a full season. Yet Hearts were denied over 20% of that full season and in those circumstances that is unfair.

Welcome aboard.

2) You're looking short-term. Protecting the clubs in the league is better for the game long-term. Ultimately, having a 14-team league for a few years doesn't matter. Nobody will go bust because of it. It avoids extreme unfairness. You don't think so because you support Hibs. Like many of the loudest screamers on this thread. That's natural.

Hearts, apparently, are not disputing that after a 30 game season, Celtic are champions. Why would they then dispute that after a 30 game season, the bottom team should be relegated?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts, apparently, are not disputing that after a 30 game season, Celtic are champions. Why would they then dispute that after a 30 game season, the bottom team should be relegated?

That's politics. You've got to pick your battles. Bottom line is that Celtic never won the title, but I think it's understandable Hearts left it alone.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

That's politics. You've got to pick your battles. Bottom line is that Celtic never won the title, but I think it's understandable Hearts left it alone.

Hearts fans are fucking idiots 😂

Just now, JTS98 said:

Not really. If the league is finished and you accept the various outcomes that come with it, then you can't pick and choose which outcomes are valid.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not really. If the league is finished and you accept the various outcomes that come with it, then you can't pick and choose which outcomes are valid.

Like I said, it's politics. And there's also a difference in outcomes. Which is obvious.

I, personally, don't think Celtic should have been awarded the title. But I think it's quite obvious why Hearts aren't expending energy and bargaining power on that one. Anyone can see that.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Like I said, it's politics. And there's also a difference in outcomes. Which is obvious.

I, personally, don't think Celtic should have been awarded the title. But I think it's quite obvious why Hearts aren't expending energy and bargaining power on that one. Anyone can see that.

The various European places then for Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen? They shouldn't stand?

Just now, JTS98 said:

Well no, if they were any good at politics they would be making that point, Celtic won the league as much as Hearts finished bottom.

Politically you look pretty silly accepting that Celtic are champions whilst arguing you didn't finish last.

The debate isn't whether you finished bottom anyway. You did. Quite clearly. Hearts argument is that you shouldn't have to face the consequence of finishing bottom.

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Why? And not only that, but Hearts have also said that they are not disputing the teams that finished in second, third and fourth after a 30 game season take up the European slots. Why? 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Romeo said:

The various European places then for Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen? They shouldn't stand?

Covered this weeks ago, but, yes, I think in principle they shouldn't stand.

If UEFA insist we send clubs to UEFA competitions next season (not a given, imo) then I think the prize money should be pooled and a percentage of it distributed to the other clubs in the SPFL as a goodwill solidarity gesture and recognition that clubs were given access to competitions and prize money that they never actually fully earned.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well no, if they were any good at politics they would be making that point, Celtic won the league as much as Hearts finished bottom.

Politically you look pretty silly accepting that Celtic are champions whilst arguing you didn't finish last.

The debate isn't whether you finished bottom anyway. You did. Quite clearly. Hearts argument is that you shouldn't have to face the consequence of finishing bottom.

That is Hearts' argument.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why? And not only that, but Hearts have also said that they are not disputing the teams that finished in second, third and fourth after a 30 game season take up the European slots. Why? 

Because they wanted clubs to vote for their proposal. It's very simple.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Romeo said:

So what do you suggest is done about European places?

I literally explained that in the post you quote.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Go out and take in some fresh air. you have totally lost the plot.

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I literally explained that in the post you quote.

Do you think it is fairer for Dundee United 14 point clear at top of The Championship being denied promotion than Partick Thsitle who haven't won a game in 2020 being saved from relegation? 

Edited by arabdelic