League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

No you're wrong. The SPFL would be abusing it's dominant position in Scottish football.

Right. definitely good night.

It's not abusive if the only thing they're doing is 'We're refusing to play with you because you keep breaking our rules'. You can't force people or organizations to enter into contracts against their will.

The SPFL probably has enough clout to actually DO abusive things (they could, say, launch sanctions against clubs to put other competitions out of business, say), but merely 'we don't want to transact with you anymore' is not going to be a breach of competition law.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL have absolutely no part in disciplinary decisions, they are administered entirely by the SFA. What happened is that one SFA panel made an utterly ludicrous decision and the SFA then came up with a fudge to put it in front of another panel, who overturned that decision.

I used the Keatings issue as an embarrassment level than needed to be fixed & that expelling clubs who go to court would be more embarrassing. Not that I’ll get the benefit of doubt fi the P&B cult. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I used the Keatings issue as an embarrassment level than needed to be fixed & that expelling clubs who go to court would be more embarrassing. Not that I’ll get the benefit of doubt fi the P&B cult. 

No danger of that; your posts here so far have failed to create any kind of doubt that you could benefit from...

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Last season the James Keatings affair when they refused to turn around a sending off   That went around the UK became that embarrassing the SFA stepped in & sorted it. 

Expelling hearts & PT would be 1000x this embarrassing.  

You can’t get a fucking sponsor as it is but aye expelling teams that’s help 

Hearts are bringing shame on our game and I feel very strongly about this hence I feel they must be punished severely. If expelling/demoting them to lower/non leagues is an option then I hope that is where they find themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

The embarrassment of that is nothing compared to Hearts sending letters to promoted clubs saying they'll get the courts to send them back down. 

30 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Right friends,  I'm going to watch these English giants, Northampton and Exeter, who are miraculously managing to play some play offs  mid June without the expertise of the SPFL.

Yeah, and New Zealand are playing rugby in front of full crowds with no restrictions whatsoever. They have as much relevance to what is happening in Scottish football as does English football.

13 minutes ago, khalidonianb said:

Hearts are bringing shame on our game and I feel very strongly about this hence I feel they must be punished severely. If expelling/demoting them to lower/non leagues is an option then I hope that is where they find themselves. 

A delayed financial penalty to be paid if promotion to the top flight is obtained. 

Would be quite funny if you actually did get expelled, since you like to claim that you already have been.

Think you've got things upside down here. Budge is not the CH Ex of the SPFL. Budge is doing the petitioning. More relevant to his/her lordship will be what options did the board properly evaluate, before telling the clubs that there was only one solution - and the clubs had to vote yes (within 48 hours) to get £9m released. It will be interesting to find out how much work McLelland allowed on null and void, and how much exploration was given to maybe being able to play. I also hope any personal bonus Doncaster had riding on the 1st August SKY deal is brought into the open and questions asked as to whether it influenced his attitude.

WTF has any of that word jumble got to do with the petition she has lodged. You do know how a civil court case works ? Absolutely none of that is relevant.

16 minutes ago, khalidonianb said:

I’ll try again hearts are taking the SPFL to court. Hearts win it’s either reconstruction (I doubt it) or money. Hearts loose it’s all legal costs are payed by hearts. The end.

how you feel matters not.

42 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Strictly speaking you're maybe right. But how different is no relegation/no promotion to null & void?

As for saying AB should have done more - very droll.

Right friends,  I'm going to watch these English giants, Northampton and Exeter, who are miraculously managing to play some play offs  mid June without the expertise of the SPFL.

Northampton and Exeter, who have miraculously qualified for the playoffs with 9/10 games of the normal season left because the league has been called early? Really great point for your argument there.

Hopefully whoever wins the playoff doesn't get carried away in case Southend United ask the courts to block promotion. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I’ll try again hearts are taking the SPFL to court. Hearts win it’s either reconstruction (I doubt it) or money. Hearts loose it’s all legal costs are payed by hearts. The end.

It matters because my feeling are similar to many Scottish football followers. AB's turning more and more people against Hearts. 

Hearts are now very cringworthy, AB's actions are unprofessional and are very unfootball like. 

You're going to find it very hard to come back from this, yous are digging your own grave. 

11 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

No ir's not, it's season with no promotion or relegation 

12 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

No matter what outcome happens, one thing you can be assured of is that it will not be the end.

Strictly speaking you're maybe right. But how different is no relegation/no promotion to null & void?
As for saying AB should have done more - very droll.
Yup, because they finished in playoff positions, just like Hearts didn't.

13 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It's not reconstruction - they keep the league as-is, except that the promotion/relegation doesn't happen.

And after the court case, regardless of result, it's not the end. Hearts will have pretty much poisoned any goodwill they ever had in Scottish football, and they might well face further consequences - worst case scenario is alienating the rest of the teams so hard they end up expelled from the SPFL and forced to work their way up the English leagues. Demanding £10 million from them in the middle of a pandemic has already set the clubs thinking along those lines, and the docket hasn't even reached the courts yet.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm all for kicking Hearts out of the SPFL. We should do this more.

I'm equally all for the resolution that Hearts are proposing to deny Dundee United promotion.

Either of these two are entirely fair IMO.

I must protest against this resolution on the basis of the plain unfairness of denying Raith and Cove promotion.

Obviously I'd be protesting against my team being denied a promotion too, but it's not out of self-interest because I mentioned the plight of those diddy teams. Whoever they are.