League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Well not quite. The porcine squealing about unfairness is all posited on the notion that Hearts *could have* hypothetically rocketed up the table.

Why did they need to "rocket" up the league? Just pick up 4 or 5 points more than the teams down there. With games against them all - Ross County twice. St Mirren at home. As Hibs well know, easy to hit a late season collapse. Don't know the Partick specifics, but no doubt even easier to see a possible escape. This could be speculated to the end of time and is pointless - except to say that escape was entirely possible.

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Do you think if this gambit fails, Hearts will start racing against Dundee United's team bus, in order to get to their Premiership fixtures first, taking the field and saying 'but we were here first'?

They'll be too busy preparing for the Edinburgh derby against Civil Service Strollers to do that.

If Hearts and Thistle honestly think that "Let's end the season as-is, but without promotion or relegation" really is the equitable remedy for the covid19 situation, I'd imagine that it should, at the very least, have been proposed to the SPFL for some sort of discussion and/or vote first. If you have a problem with someone, you first contact them to say what the problem is and what you want them to do to rectify it, after all.

It would be bad form to suddenly spring a novel idea on the Scottish leagues by attempting to force it via a lawsuit, and the judge/defending advocate would be entitled to ask whether they bothered to propose it first under the SPFL governance systems, and, if not, why the f**k not.

Hearts to show up at Dundee Utd's first game of the season and take to the pitch acting like the Utd players aren't there in the classic 'Rowan Alexander after being sacked by Gretna' style. 

Absolute NAP

Edited by djchapsticks

14 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Why did they need to "rocket" up the league? Just pick up 4 or 5 points more than the teams down there. With games against them all - Ross County twice. St Mirren at home. As Hibs well know, easy to hit a late season collapse. Don't know the Partick specifics, but no doubt even easier to see a possible escape. This could be speculated to the end of time and is pointless - except to say that escape was entirely possible.

Nope. "4 or 5 points more than the teams down there" would put them, uh, 11th at best a 50-50 shot at dodging relegation. To dodge the drop, Hearts needs at least 6 points more than whichever two of Ross County, Accies or St Mirren is the worst. With less than one point per game on average over the season, that's a tall order.

Edited by Aim Here

If Hearts and Thistle honestly think that "Let's end the season as-is, but without promotion or relegation" really is the equitable remedy for the covid19 situation, I'd imagine that it should, at the very least, have been proposed to the SPFL for some sort of discussion and/or vote first. If you have a problem with someone, you first contact them to say what the problem is and what you want them to do to rectify it, after all.
It would be bad form to suddenly spring a novel idea on the Scottish leagues by attempting to force it via a lawsuit, and the judge/defending advocate would be entitled to ask whether they bothered to propose it first under the SPFL governance systems, and, if not, why the f**k not.
Exactly, you beat me to it. If Hearts consider no promotion to be the correct course of action, they should have put forward a proposal for the SPFL to discuss and vote on. Not go to the courts.

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

They'll be too busy preparing for the Edinburgh derby against Civil Service Strollers to do that.

Much like you'll be preparing for your Tayside derby with Broughty Athletic? 

Exactly, you beat me to it. If Hearts consider no promotion to be the correct course of action, they should have put forward a proposal for the SPFL to discuss and vote on. Not go to the courts.
f**k that, I'm sick of playing Dundee Utd. Get thum up!

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

f**k that, I'm sick of playing Dundee Utd. Get thum up!

Or we could relegate Dundee Utd which would solve all these problems.