League Reconstruction 20/21 season

There were plenty of chances to reconstruct the leagues in a fair way to avoid punishing member clubs but the small minded clubs opted for self interest. This is the last resort.
Name them. And explain why Hearts didn't suggest them in their proposals.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

But why would both sides back down when they both claim to be confident that the outcome will go their way ?

Let's look at Hearts success rate with Budge as their leader - every battle she has led them into, on the field or off it, has resulted in defeat and humiliation. She may be the common denominator here. And yet the Hearts fans still swallow her bait every time. Of course, she is a very successful businesswoman.

Gullible lot.

The next time I hear Tom English or Mikey Stewart come out with that line,  I may feel the need to point out that she's nowhere near as successful in business as Donald Trump.

2 hours ago, Rector said:

No-one's denying there aren't serious structural problems in the game, particularly with regard to youth development and competitiveness.  The idea that somehow chucking colts teams into League 2 will make a difference, just because some other countries do it is nonsensical - a cursory glance at the number of FIFA A coaches and the quality of the coaching at U8 level and beyond will show where the main source of the problem is.  And no entrenched views here - I want revolutionary change in Scottish football as much as anyone starting, as I said before, with an end to 11-1, at least an 18-team Prem, revenue sharing and limits on youth squad sizes to prevent stockpiling.  

You want to screw up the League "for the good of the game".  What sacrifices are you prepared to make for it?

Again you can't just look at the simplistic view of kids playing football, I think every fan wants the 11-1 vote changed because nothing ever changes because of the self interest.
There was a cash incentive with the proposal but the entrenched view will never change just like Celtic stockpiling young talent which paying kids a wage seems to be the problem.
Your what's in it for us piece of the pie attitude is also part of the problem,If you put a team in from one of the elite academies it would still get knocked back it's a feck joke.

Just now, Gorgie greatness said:

Thought the thread title would have been changed to “expel hearts & thistle now” by now. 

See the dons are are now having wage cuts  it appears the sheep do follow the shepherd after all 😏

Almost as if clubs self interest was driven by necessity, rather than some childish plot to 'expel' Hearts, isn't it?

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Another few weeks and the bottom of the table could have changed dramatically. Ross County were in free fall. 

Hearts had made up 1 point on Ross County in the last 5 matches

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again you can't just look at the simplistic view of kids playing football, I think every fan wants the 11-1 vote changed because nothing ever changes because of the self interest.
There was a cash incentive with the proposal but the entrenched view will never change just like Celtic stockpiling young talent which paying kids a wage seems to be the problem.
Your what's in it for us piece of the pie attitude is also part of the problem,If you put a team in from one of the elite academies it would still get knocked back it's a feck joke.

League 2 is not a proving ground for youth, it's a league full of clubs trying their best and competing on the same basis as any other club. To add anything different to that is insulting and patronising to those clubs. 

If you genuinely think we need a different way of developing youngsters, may I suggest you look at the following: 

A) Idiot clubs like Falkirk ditching youth set ups to spunk cash on shite English National League cast offs

B) the quality of coaching available to young players 

C) a functioning youth/reserve league.

People dont like this because it's a stupid fucking idea. For once, its actually nothing to do with the fact the old firm are associated with it. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Almost as if clubs self interest was driven by necessity, rather than some childish plot to 'expel' Hearts, isn't it?

Which is probably the same reason that Hearts are seeking to gain £8 million at the cost of all other SPFL clubs, as they are also required to reduce their costs, but aren't great at coping with adverse circumstances independently or in-house.  It boils down to the fact Hearts are seeking to be granted a bye from the consequences of Covid-19. 

32 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

The next time I hear Tom English or Mikey Stewart come out with that line,  I may feel the need to point out that she's nowhere near as successful in business as Donald Trump.

Though TBF she has the same attitude when things don't go her way.

39 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
4 hours ago, The Tackle said:
There were plenty of chances to reconstruct the leagues in a fair way to avoid punishing member clubs but the small minded clubs opted for self interest. This is the last resort.

Name them. And explain why Hearts didn't suggest them in their proposals.

This and the one ropy is replying to  below, is examples of the deluded pish Hearts fans are convincing themselves of on forums such as kickback. They've swallowed up all the shite Budge has spouted about small minded clubs voting in self interest, and have no self awareness to see, that's exactly what Hearts have been doing all through this.

Their white knighting Scottish football patter is just embarrassing, they're too far up their own arses to see through all the shite.

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

Hearts had made up 1 point on Ross County in the last 5 matches

Yep, it didn't matter how much other clubs were 'in freefall', Hearts were too pish to take advantage of anyone else dropping points.

36 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

In fairness, I'm pretty sure Ann Budge made her own money. Trump inherited his, and he would have made the same profits since if he'd put it all in a decent tracker and devoted his life to colouring-in books. 

10 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Super successful business woman asks for cash directly as any well run club does.

A127C886-B3EE-4FFA-8893-9E5EB82C3496.png

Together, we focus on one thing and one thing alone: Only Hearts.  What happened to sporting integrity & for the benefit of Scottish football?