League Reconstruction 20/21 season

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Outstanding and well deserved recognition of his exemplary custodianship of both the SPL and SPFL.  I'm sure fans of all clubs will agree that Neil Cockwo......  Doncaster is the finest football administrator to represent Scotland since the much-missed Campbell 'EBT' Ogilvie .

32 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I don't have anywhere near enough greenies for all of this. 

The jambos have been fairly decent throughout all of this, post a few names and I'll give them some likes.

54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Have you took a wee step back and listened to yourself what the feck are you protecting?
All you are saying is "keep off the grass" Celtic will always put young talent out on loan they will always try to get the best they can get that will never change.
If you take the best young talent in the country between the ages of 18 to 21 and put them in league 2 and call them anything you want, fecking glasga colts,perth colts,auld reekie colts it doesn't matter, the idea is to give them the best chance in the game the problem with you lot is you can't see passed the entrenched view.

No-one's denying there aren't serious structural problems in the game, particularly with regard to youth development and competitiveness.  The idea that somehow chucking colts teams into League 2 will make a difference, just because some other countries do it is nonsensical - a cursory glance at the number of FIFA A coaches and the quality of the coaching at U8 level and beyond will show where the main source of the problem is.  And no entrenched views here - I want revolutionary change in Scottish football as much as anyone starting, as I said before, with an end to 11-1, at least an 18-team Prem, revenue sharing and limits on youth squad sizes to prevent stockpiling.  

You want to screw up the League "for the good of the game".  What sacrifices are you prepared to make for it?

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

If it was any other club it would still be a shocking decision, it wouldn't be up to Ann Budge to pursue it, but I would like to think we would be on the side of that club. Ann Budge shouldn't have needed to even propose reconstruction as it's Neil Doncaster's role to look after all member clubs with a fair resolution.

Surely it was in Hearts interests to have AB inside the reconstruction tent, pissing out though? Time was fairly tight but Rangers proved that a decent level of detail could be provided, albeit in a pishy proposal. Hearts totally failed to do that, basically submitting their reconstruction ideas on the back of a beer mat. A fairly basic breakdown of how the pain was going to be spread around, coupled with a bit less of a confrontational tone could probably have got a 14-10-10-10 format through for two years 

8 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

And being the financial fall guys for the majority of the club's doesn't suit us, Partick  or Stranraer.

It's also really suspicious that when the lots were drawn for who would take the fall that the three clubs in the relegation spots were picked. Corruption!

For the life of me I can't seem to find any articles pre Covid from the bastions of Scottish football integrity, Heart Of Midlothian, demanding reconstruction. Surely a club doing all this with such a lack of self interest and for the greater good of all teams in Scotland would have been campaigning for change for years now? 

For the life of me I can't seem to find any articles pre Covid from the bastions of Scottish football integrity, Heart Of Midlothian, demanding reconstruction. Surely a club doing all this with such a lack of self interest and for the greater good of all teams in Scotland would have been campaigning for change for years now? 

This is it in a nutshell. Get doon Jambos

3 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Because the amount money awarded is based on your placing. If you have not won or secured a placing then tecnically you are not entitled to any payments, and certainly not more that a team that is placed below you. 

Guff. Technically, the league season lasts 38 games. We managed to change that though.

9 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

It was all done under the radar. Like Anderson they do a lot of work but don't like to talk about it.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you take the best young talent in the country between the ages of 18 to 21 and put them in league 2 and call them anything you want, fecking glasga colts,perth colts,auld reekie colts it doesn't matter, the idea is to give them the best chance in the game the problem with you lot is you can't see passed the entrenched view.

But why do they have to sign for Celtic first?

3 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

There was still 24 points to play for St Mirren could have easily ended up bottom.

Could we? I dare say with 8 games to go, 3 places and 6 points separating us, it's highly unlikely. Had you said we could have easily ended up in a playoff, I'd be inclined to agree but the last win and the form we were in means that we were least likely of the 4 teams in the mix to be in 12th at the end.