League Reconstruction 20/21 season

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I’m pissed off we are not going for nearly enough. Everybody seems to assume it would be a one season stay in the Championship - which is arrogant nonsense. We’d be odds-on to bounce back up, but so what? It’s probably too remote for the courts to consider, but we should have been calculating for a second year down there.

Fuuuuck offfffffff!!! :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

They stated quite clearly that they were not going to challenge the distribution of prize money, which means they are not challanging finishing the league (which is just as well) what they are challanging is relegation on the basis of PPG. Which would mean Dundee United and Raith Rover not getting promioted. I'm actually ok with this up to a point. f**k Dundee United or f**k Hearts, it's a close call. 

I’m not sure that one has to follow the other. I think that was the point argued around Dundeegate time

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

My, my. On edge? Some teams do seem to be gagging for the supply of their next SKY fix.

On edge? Not even the slightest bit.

Laughing at the mere suggestion that you could try and lobby for money in the event you continue to be shite. It's frankly hilarious.

13 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Last week ;there will be nae court case hearts are using it as a leaning on tool.

this week ; toys flying everywhere let’s expel them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

reap / sow

This time last week, Hearts fans on here (whither "Stanislav Petrov"?) were confidently predicting that the 14-10-10-10 vote would pass. Or, in the unlikely event that it didn't, Neil Doncaster would use his "executive powers" to impose it on the other clubs.

Out of a possible 90 points Hearts got 23...

And have the second worse goal difference.

They would have required Accies to drop five more points than them, or four dropped and to ship more goals than them..

There were 24 points left to play for. 

It just wasn’t going to happen. At best they’d have been in a playoff which given their form and the absolute shambles that is their back room, they were going down.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

The Hearts and PTFC case has two parts -  firstly that they are seeking to have their relegation overturned, and if that fails to seek compensation of the order of this fairy story £10m.

If they fail to have the relegation overturned (lets say because the rules they both signed up to as members of the SPFL allow this to happen), does it even look remotely likely that the continued case will then order punitive damages for exactly the same situation?

It is blatantly obvious that both clubs are simply looking for a few quid to disappear, and in Hearts case to appease the moonhowlers among your support - if the SPFL rules had been breached then this case would have been lodged months ago.

Exactly.  If the first part of their case, overturning relegation, fails, then so does the second and for the same reason.  Hearts and Thistle can hardly ask for compensation for something a judge has just said is OK.

7 minutes ago, The DA said:

Exactly.  If the first part of their case, overturning relegation, fails, then so does the second and for the same reason.  Hearts and Thistle can hardly ask for compensation for something a judge has just said is OK.

Nah - it does make sense. The idea behind the alternatives is that if the judge rules that Hearts and Thistle were legally wronged, then you still need to come up with the way of redressing that wrong. Hearts and Thistle have said they'd prefer to have relegation overturned, but, failing that, they'd take £squillions as competition. It might be infeasible or legally unsound for the court to force an unrelegation.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

But that can't happen if they're"expelled from the senior leagues". If only they could be.

They can be, now.

It's in both SPFL and UEFA rules that clubs who take their league authority to civil court, to contest a decision the league authority made while following their own rules, is a  breach and must be punished.

Dutch sides didnt go to civil court, and French clubs didnt break rules as the French league didnt follow their own rules when deciding to end the season, so those examples aren't relevant to this.

As far as I can tell, theres not a single country in Europe with an example of this happening, so I've no idea what happens now, especially if Hearts/Partick lose their case.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Absolute nonsense that Hearts should receive additional compensation if they fail to reach the Premiership at the first attempt. That implies that Hearts belong in the top division regardless of results. Where does this kind of thinking end? Should Hearts have a relegation free season, regardless of results, when they return to the Premiership, just so they can establish themselves? 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

£10m is just posturing. They're hoping for the SPFL to re-negotiate at a much lower figure.

Burns: I'm going to write a figure on this piece of paper. It's not quite as large as the last one, but I think you'll find it fair.
bart-gets-hit-by-a-car14.png

Hutz: I think we should take it.

23 minutes ago, stressball said:

Out of a possible 90 points Hearts got 23...

And have the second worse goal difference.

They would have required Accies to drop five more points than them, or four dropped and to ship more goals than them..

There were 24 points left to play for. 

It just wasn’t going to happen. At best they’d have been in a playoff which given their form and the absolute shambles that is their back room, they were going down.

350.png

30 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Last week ;there will be nae court case hearts are using it as a leaning on tool.

this week ; toys flying everywhere let’s expel them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

reap / sow

To all the Hearts fans here, I have a question.

Do any of you know of any other Hearts fans who think this court case might be a bad idea ?

The wording of yesterday's statement makes it clear that there is no realistic expectation within Tynecastle of relegation being overturned, so this is just about financial compensation. 

The obvious downside for Hearts and Thistle being that, should they lose in court, the other clubs in the SPFL appear to have the power to terminate their membership. Whether that would ever happen is open to debate but, let's be honest here, Mrs Budge's approach has won her a lot of enemies within Scottish football. 

So it's all about risk and reward. Is it worth gambling Hearts future existence for the chance of a few £millions ?

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They can be, now.

It's in both SPFL and UEFA rules that clubs who take their league authority to civil court, to contest a decision the league authority made while following their own rules, is a  breach and must be punished.

Dutch sides didnt go to civil court, and French clubs didnt break rules as the French league didnt follow their own rules when deciding to end the season, so those examples aren't relevant to this.

As far as I can tell, theres not a single country in Europe with an example of this happening, so I've no idea what happens now, especially if Hearts/Partick lose their case.

That wasn't what I was getting at. If they are "expelled from the senior leagues" they can't end up in the Lowland League, as that's a senior league.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

To all the Hearts fans here, I have a question.

Do any of you know of any other Hearts fans who think this court case might be a bad idea ?

The wording of yesterday's statement makes it clear that there is no realistic expectation within Tynecastle of relegation being overturned, so this is just about financial compensation. 

The obvious downside for Hearts and Thistle being that, should they lose in court, the other clubs in the SPFL appear to have the power to terminate their membership. Whether that would ever happen is open to debate but, let's be honest here, Mrs Budge's approach has won her a lot of enemies within Scottish football. 

So it's all about risk and reward. Is it worth gambling Hearts future existence for the chance of a few £millions ?

Funny as f**k that you think you can expel us 😂 get yer cash oot 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They can be, now.

I'm not so sure, at least at the SPFL end. It's SFA rules that have the explicit 'go via arbitration or you'll get clobbered' language - but this is likely not an SFA member dispute since I don't think the SPFL is an SFA member. The SPFL rules, from I42 onward, seem to use something called 'Expert Determination' which doesn't come with a set of punishments and does make reference to Scots Law and the Court of Session. They might be technically within their rights to use the courts like this, though I can't imagine this will end up without consequences for them somehow...