Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

The price of calling the league early grows.

BT SPORT is locked in a £3 MILLION compensation fight with the SPFL after the season was ended early.

The broadcaster’s seven-year relationship with Scottish football ended last month as the SPFL wrapped up the top-flight campaign with nine games to play because of the Covid-19 crisis

It’s also believed BBC Scotland want compensation for radio and TV coverage they’ve missed out on.

Sky Sports agreed a cut-price exit deal on June 3, but BT Sport, who refused to comment, want the full amount

Do you have similar costs of not startling 2020/21 league in August for the new Sky Sports contract?

I am sure the SPFL board would be fully aware of these costs...

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

BT SPORT is locked in a £3 MILLION compensation fight with the SPFL after the season was ended early.

The broadcaster’s seven-yhttps://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5709445/bt-sport-3m-compensation-spfl-bbc/ear relationship with Scottish football ended last month as the SPFL wrapped up the top-flight campaign with nine games to play because of the Covid-19 crisis

It’s also believed BBC Scotland want compensation for radio and TV coverage they’ve missed out on.

Sky Sports agreed a cut-price exit deal on June 3, but BT Sport, who refused to comment, want the full amount

Given that's from the Sun, I'll reserve judgement. Seems neither BT, the BBC or the SPFL have commented.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 minutes ago, bennett said:

The broadcaster’s seven-year relationship with Scottish football ended last month as the SPFL wrapped up the top-flight campaign with nine games to play because of the Covid-19 crisis

I take it back.

Such negativity,  you can't add anything but scorn.

I pity you.

1 hour ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

You are correct.

something that the two “Einstein’s “ failed to broadcast to the audience.

Funny how certain aspects of a debate are carefully omitted from a discussion.

Ross County were in tenth position, same points as the team in ninth, Saint Mirren, then Hamilton below them.

Again! Our pair failed to note, and convey.

Therefore, what was their objective?

Almost bordering on “fake” news.

Then the Petty, no not Tom, Craig had the audacity to say that Hearts would consider not loaning players to Cowdenbeath, how childish.

One thing Craig forgot, he is no longer the Hearts manager, therefore not his choice to make.

1 hour ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

DF’s football chairmanship in recent years has gone the same way as his QC career. 

As for legal argument, he said enough that Hearts/Thistle will jump upon.
I don’t claim to know for one minute how this will turn out. What I do know for a fact is that the SPFL (ergo member clubs) have kicked the  can far enough down the road re reconstruction votes for maximum chaos to be ensued. 
Championship not due to start until October. No rush if that’s where Hearts or Thistle find themselves.
Premiership restart on 1/8 now only 5 weeks away. You don’t need to be a hotshot lawyer to get an interdict against it starting.

Ross County, Hamilton & St Mirren living week to week with TV monies their get out of jail card. Can they wait for any appeal of final court case result regardless of Hearts/Thistle being successful? Another vote held? Sky want to renegotiate? 
When you realise the answer to all 3 is ‘no’. You’ll realise what happens next.

Carry on lads.

- You say you don't know how any legal case will turn out but then claim 'you don't need to be a hotshot lawyer to get an interdict against it starting'.

- On what grounds could Hearts stop the leagues starting, especially when their case now appears to be one of compensation?

- Ross County, Hamilton and St Mirren are not living week to week. Somehow you've managed to miss that Ross County have a wealthy owner who could step in should there be trouble. Hamilton gave nearly a million quid away to a scam caller for a laugh and were fine. St Mirren are looking at signing targets, not something indicative of a club in financial trouble. I think they'll be fine.

- You've invented a total fantasy scenario that sees a delay to the start of the Premiership season and teams dying because of it. Sit down you utter melt before you damage yourself with your stupidity.

- Hearts have been relegated. That is not going to change no matter the mewlings of a bitter, tear streaked angry fanbase and the weeping of a shite chairwoman and senile estate agent.

10 minutes ago, flood said:

Do you have similar costs of not startling 2020/21 league in August for the new Sky Sports contract?

Maybe...as long as they weren't sent via e-mail.

SO HOW MUCH ARE SKY / BT SPORTS BILLING THE ENGLISH FOOTBALL LEAGUES  & THE RUGBY LEAGUE / YAWNION LEAGUES FOR DISRUPTING THEIR TV  SPORTS SCHEDULES ? 🤑

1 minute ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SO HOW MUCH ARE SKY / BT SPORTS BILLING THE ENGLISH FOOTBALL LEAGUES  & THE RUGBY LEAGUE / YAWNION LEAGUES FOR DISRUPTING THEIR TV  SPORTS SCHEDULES ? 🤑

No need to shout lad

This one is even worse than the Stan Petrov fantasist.
PSWdAwW.gif.cc4584b5caf4832d73a162558ca0fd71.gif

Has anyone heard from Stan? I'm starting to get worried..

1 minute ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS ( NOT CAUSED BY BOOZE )

Fair enough 👍

2 minutes ago, flood said:

Do you not think SKY would have waited for the delayed 2020-21 season to start?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Do you not think SKY would have waited for the delayed 2020-21 season to start?

Not without penalty. Knowing them they  will stick 100% to contract

13 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS ( NOT CAUSED BY BOOZE )

A rare eye condition?

52 minutes ago, bennett said:

I’d be interested to see how BT Sport and the Beeb would try to enforce such a claim.

Most contracts involving such an unpredictable thing such as football fixtures (which could be affected by weather, changes in scheduling, etc) would have a ‘force majeure’ clause in the contract.

Effectively one or both parties could be relieved of contractual obligations (such as providing a certain number of games to broadcasters) if such an obligation proves impossible to fulfil due to an unexpected event such as a natural disaster, war, or major event. The Covid 19 pandemic could well be considered as such an event and with the Government at both WM and Holyrood imposing social distancing measures, restrictions on gatherings and sporting events, and imposing a lockdown its highly likely a judge would look sympathetically on relieving  obligations should such a clause be included in the contracts between the SPFL and the broadcasters.

I think it’s more likely to just be the gutter press trying to find a story now they can’t keep printing stories about how Hearts and Partick “might” stay in their respective leagues. Slow news day...

3 minutes ago, flood said:

Not without penalty. Knowing them they  will stick 100% to contract

Well, that's what I think too. They'll wriggle and renegotiate. There are half a dozen posters on here who lose their shit when I say this.

12 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

I’d be interested to see how BT Sport and the Beeb would try to enforce such a claim.

Most contracts involving such an unpredictable thing such as football fixtures (which could be affected by weather, changes in scheduling, etc) would have a ‘force majeure’ clause in the contract.

Effectively one or both parties could be relieved of contractual obligations (such as providing a certain number of games to broadcasters) if such an obligation proves impossible to fulfil due to an unexpected event such as a natural disaster, war, or major event. The Covid 19 pandemic could well be considered as such an event and with the Government at both WM and Holyrood imposing social distancing measures, restrictions on gatherings and sporting events, and imposing a lockdown its highly likely a judge would look sympathetically on relieving  obligations should such a clause be included in the contracts between the SPFL and the broadcasters.

I think it’s more likely to just be the gutter press trying to find a story now they can’t keep printing stories about how Hearts and Partick “might” stay in their respective leagues. Slow news day...

But it was never going to be impossible to play the games, was it? BT and BBC will rightly say they could be played at a later date. Okay, so the SFA would need to allow existing player registrations to carry over. But the SPFL chose to break the 2019-20 contracts with BT/BBC/SKY, in the hope that they could clear the decks and protect the 2020+ SKY contract. (A cynic might wonder whether personal performance bonuses affected judgements). Hearts were just acceptable collateral damage - and Partick only got some belated, mealy-mouthed commiserations from the chairman as an afterthought several days after Dundeegate.

Edited by Pet Jeden

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Dryhorce it’s been too long, welcome back.

Naw, that's not Dryhorce, but you knew that...YOU UTTER TRUMPET.

Dryhorce is still using the site under a different name and is still a pain in the jacksie.

Edited by Black Pennel
schpeeling.

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

But it was never going to be impossible to play the games, was it? BT and BBC will rightly say they could be played at a later date. Okay, so the SFA would need to allow existing player registrations to carry over. But the SPFL chose to break the 2019-20 contracts with BT/BBC/SKY, in the hope that they could clear the decks and protect the 2020+ SKY contract. (A cynic might wonder whether personal performance bonuses affected judgements). Hearts were just acceptable collateral damage - and Partick only got some belated, mealy-mouthed commiserations from the chairman as an afterthought several days after Dundeegate.

But we’re still in a situation where competitive football isn’t able to take place in Scotland? Not because the SPFL voted for an end to the season, but because the Scottish Government  mandate it. The clubs literally have just gone back to training, with distancing in place and a limit on how many can be on a pitch at any one time; and with stringent testing procedures.

Be realistic, when do you propose the remaining fixtures take place? The players are not match fit and will take time to condition, the clubs administrative staff in many cases have not yet returned to work, and the bulk of lockdown restrictions are still in place. Even if social distancing competent disappeared tomorrow it’s unlikely the clubs would be in any position to play a competitive match until at least July, by which case you have contracts running nearly two months beyond their end date, hampering anyone out of contract’s chances of finding a new club, You have no close season to recuperate, and even then you’re running the risk with people’s health!

I’m yet to see a single person who’s arguing that the league was ended too soon with any coherent, sensible, or even rational answer to any of the above...and I’m sorry Pet, I’m not expecting that to change. 

12309B78-6255-4E40-8B86-B7AC892E8621.gif